• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Lebda4Pres

Guerin is the new captain of NYI

Rate this topic

thoughts

As a captain of an NHL team.. I say a pre-emptive... Welcome to the Wings in a few years! Right after we get Yashin wrapped up... :lol:

Guest Lebda4Pres

Captain Bill Guerin

The Islanders have just announced that Bill Guerin is their new captain...Absolutey wonderful move by Isles

Guest jaytan

Didn't he get into trouble when he first went to Dallas for beating up some rookie or something? I can't remember any details. Anyway, he's a great leader.

Mike Sillinger is captain material. Guerin , umm , no.

Sillinger is a good captain, but it's too risky seeing as he'll probably go to his 100,000th team before the season is over.

Edited by BeeRYCE

I am not a big fan of doing this, the B's did it with Chara. I just don't see how a guy who has been with the team, as NFM #25 points out, for four whole days.

Bad move. This is bound to piss a guy off who had to wear the A behind Yashin, or a guy who has been with the team and is a leader in the locker room, and then gets overlooked for Bill Guerin.

I think you should have to prove yourself to be a leader on the team for at least one year before you just hand them the C.

This really makes being named the captain a lot less meaningful.

Guys like Yzerman, Modano (who got stripped of the C recently), deserve to wear the C. They embody what it means to be the captain.

It is funny the league has made a distinct effort with the Messier award to reward leadership, and Teams like the isles and the Bruins throw around the C like it is a rag doll.

I am not a big fan of doing this, the B's did it with Chara. I just don't see how a guy who has been with the team, as NFM #25 points out, for four whole days.

Bad move. This is bound to piss a guy off who had to wear the A behind Yashin, or a guy who has been with the team and is a leader in the locker room, and then gets overlooked for Bill Guerin.

I think you should have to prove yourself to be a leader on the team for at least one year before you just hand them the C.

This really makes being named the captain a lot less meaningful.

Guys like Yzerman, Modano (who got stripped of the C recently), deserve to wear the C. They embody what it means to be the captain.

It is funny the league has made a distinct effort with the Messier award to reward leadership, and Teams like the isles and the Bruins throw around the C like it is a rag doll.

:clap:

Guest jaytan

Not every team is lucky enough to have had a guy like Yzerman in their organization. We're a little spoiled with this whole captain thing.

But I still think Guerin's a dick and if he plays for the Isles anything like he did for the Sharks in the playoffs this year.... Well, what else do I need to say?

Not every team is lucky enough to have had a guy like Yzerman in their organization. We're a little spoiled with this whole captain thing.

But I still think Guerin's a dick and if he plays for the Isles anything like he did for the Sharks in the playoffs this year.... Well, what else do I need to say?

While its true that not every team in the NHL has had a guy like Yzerman in their organization, it still doesn't warrant making the captaincy out to be a joke.

I doubt that's the reason they won the cup.

Sidenote: There's a pretty big difference between Guerin and Niedermayer.

Yep, Niedermayer has won almost every trophy there's to win for a hockeyplayer and Guerin... eh... well, didn't.