• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheels

Drake Siginng Probably Won't be The Last

Rate this topic

This thought did enter my mind: Could the Dallas Drake signing be a move in preperation for getting rid of Malts through a trade? Huds and Malts trade package?

Beyond what everyone else has said, why would Kenny move Maltby (who was an UFA) immediately after he re-signed?

That wouldn't be the smartest business decision.

I was thinking about that, and I think he should apologize.

oh come on...it was a late hit...thats all...

not much to go overboard about

I'm aware of that stupid bulls***. If he decides to do that, it'll just show what a great sport he is. Personally I don't see it as a loss, since he's never played here before anyways. I highly doubt Igor Grigorenko is going to be the difference between the Wings winning the Stanley Cup or not.

he might be a difference between Wings rebuilding fine and Wings having problems with rebuilding.

we're not exactly a team with deep prospect pool now. we don't have the flexibility to just say

a guy can get lost. even more with Round 2 draft picks, which is rather high for Wings current

standards

that being said, I'd definitely prefer Babcock to have the flexibility to handle Grigorenko the way he

wants rather than ponder if the guy can be lost. that's pretty devastating for team morale :(

Yeah. That's it. Let's get rid of one the best penalty killers and agitator in the league

Not to run long on this Malts theory....but the last two years Malts has been far from the above classification. The above classification is cliche from Stanley Cups days and is no longer an accurate description of Malts.

Didn't he already do that? I thought Drake went to hospital immediately following the game and apologized to Cleary?

Am I mixing up two different incidents?

I thought Ville Nieminen was responsible for the hit on Lebda in that game back in March. I'm also confused as to the hit everyone is referring to about Drake.

Didn't he already do that? I thought Drake went to hospital immediately following the game and apologized to Cleary?

Am I mixing up two different incidents?

You're thinking about the dirty hit Niememen laid on Lebs that sent him to the hospital with a concussion. Ville got kicked out of the game so he went straigth to the hospital and apologized.

I expect to hear we sign Yashin to a 1 year $3.5 mil deal.

That's my prediction.

Ugh......here's hoping the Wings go into the season with the current lineup rather than wasting money on guys like Lindros or Yashin. There's only a couple names left that barely tweak my interest and Yashin isn't one of them.

You're thinking about the dirty hit Niememen laid on Lebs that sent him to the hospital with a concussion. Ville got kicked out of the game so he went straigth to the hospital and apologized.

That's right. My bad.

I'm amazed at some of the people that write on these boards.

there seems to be two types of posters on the LGW forums:

1.) those who play NHL07 too much.

2.) those who understand the logic of hockey outside the rink as a business.

Sometimes I read what some people write and just think "are you serious? did you just say that?"

go wings.

Ugh......here's hoping the Wings go into the season with the current lineup rather than wasting money on guys like Lindros or Yashin. There's only a couple names left that barely tweak my interest and Yashin isn't one of them.

That's right. My bad.

Signing Yashin would be a great deal. He's the best guy left on the market next to Shanahan and going into the season with him would be better than going into it without him. We need a scoring veteran and he could provide us with that touch.

Signing Yashin would be a great deal. He's the best guy left on the market next to Shanahan and going into the season with him would be better than going into it without him. We need a scoring veteran and he could provide us with that touch.

Under what terms (years, amount) would signing Yashin be a great deal?

Because, IMO signing him to $4 million per would be a mistake.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Not to run long on this Malts theory....but the last two years Malts has been far from the above classification. The above classification is cliche from Stanley Cups days and is no longer an accurate description of Malts.

Maltby and Draper are the best PK tandem in the NHL. Maltby is half of it.

He still has uses. Probert wasn't here to score, kill penalties, or run the PP; yet he had a purpose.

We need defensive forwards too.

I'm amazed at some of the people that write on these boards.

there seems to be two types of posters on the LGW forums:

1.) those who play NHL07 too much.

2.) those who understand the logic of hockey outside the rink as a business.

Sometimes I read what some people write and just think "are you serious? did you just say that?"

go wings.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guest Lebda4Pres

Drake wouldnt go down to GR becasue he only has a oneway contract with the wings

Um, yes.

Think about it.

Maltby has been compeltely ineffective the past two seasons. He makes about a half mill more a year than we signed

Drake for. Drake had more points than Maltby last year. Drake is still a good aggitator, Maltby hasn't been an effective aggitator for years (since the lock-out). Holland could dump some salary to get us a top forward and still get more out of Drake than we've been getting out of Malts.

BTW...Malts has always been one of my favorites and this pains me to think about...but this could be entirely possible.

Um....there's your answer.

u have a point there, cuz obviously it was never expected of maltby to be a big time scorer, so thagts ok. however, this off season i did start to notice that he really wasnt playing the pain-in-the-ass aggitator that i thot was his calling card. that leads to the question....is he really worth a s*** in the nhl anymore?

seems to me like we mite just keep him around for reasons, that if anything, are purely sentimental....he is one the few wings we have left that were here in the cup repeat of '97-'98.....he's a wing for life kinda guy,hes not goin anywhere