• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheels

Drake Siginng Probably Won't be The Last

Rate this topic

Maltby and Draper are the best PK tandem in the NHL. Maltby is half of it.

He still has uses. Probert wasn't here to score, kill penalties, or run the PP; yet he had a purpose.

We need defensive forwards too.

I agree to some extent with that. Maltby with Drapes is a great combination....the best??maybe. However, Drapes is by far the stronger of the two and Malts would be an average penalty killer without Drapes. Drapes is the way stronger link in that chain.

Signing Yashin would be a great deal. He's the best guy left on the market next to Shanahan and going into the season with him would be better than going into it without him. We need a scoring veteran and he could provide us with that touch.

but wasn't that you who called ppl here playing to much NHL 07?

how is Yashin the next better option to Shanahan if he hasn't put a consistent, convincing

season since he left Sens because of failed contract negotiations, god only know how many

years ago? a guy who consistently fails to find enough inspiration to work hard and put

the effort and heart into the game.

we don't need another Lang on this team. say big NO to guys with skills and no desire

to win anything in their hearts. most certainly not for 3.5M.

I'd rather see Wings picking another Dan Cleary for half of this price tag, than go for

a has-been who only looks good on paper but won't bring enough hard work to the

WIngs. and with Wings being a teamwork team where primaballerinas don't get

their chances, I see no real justification of going for Yashin

Basically this means that the Wings are just waiting around for the likes of Shanahan and Yashin to drop their salary demands. If they dont, the Wings are covered with 13 spots filled.

if shanny drops his demands its for the rangers , he was a big part in getting gomez there .......shanny aint coming back to detroit .....as for yashin , ill pass

Talking about if the Wings should grab a Center for the second line, one comes to mind that no one talks about is Patrick Marleau. I know he might be to much but I would much rather have him than anyone else. He is a big, he can score and he can do a little hitting. I know he might be to much but worth a shot. And yes he was terrible in the playoffs but playing for Detroit may make a bit of differnce.

Guest Canadian Wings

Talking about if the Wings should grab a Center for the second line, one comes to mind that no one talks about is Patrick Marleau. I know he might be to much but I would much rather have him than anyone else. He is a big, he can score and he can do a little hitting. I know he might be to much but worth a shot. And yes he was terrible in the playoffs but playing for Detroit may make a bit of differnce.

who do u plan on giving up for marleau?

Signing Yashin would be a great deal. He's the best guy left on the market next to Shanahan and going into the season with him would be better than going into it without him. We need a scoring veteran and he could provide us with that touch.

:)

Marleau is going to be a UFA after this season. He is going to be a hot commidity next off-season and teams are going to pony up top dollar for him. The Red Wings will not be in a position to offer Marleau the $7M+ he will get in the FA market. Just wondering what you think SJ would even take from us for Marleau?

Not sure but if we could give up some type of prospect with the addition of a couple of draft picks. Not sure I only stated Marelau as an option. And he would be a compliment Zetts at center. Let me know what you would be willing to pony up. Later guys.

GO WINGS

I'm aware of that stupid bulls***. If he decides to do that, it'll just show what a great sport he is. Personally I don't see it as a loss, since he's never played here before anyways. I highly doubt Igor Grigorenko is going to be the difference between the Wings winning the Stanley Cup or not.

Not even Steve Yzerman was the lone difference maker in a Stanley Cup Run. It always takes a unique combination of players, and theres no reason to ship off Grigorenko - a young guy with both skill AND grit - just because we dont know how hell pan out.

if shanny drops his demands its for the rangers , he was a big part in getting gomez there .......shanny aint coming back to detroit .....as for yashin , ill pass

Well see how much money the Rags have left after Lundqvist goes to arbitration. 2 back to back Vezina noms speak for themselves. Shanny wont play for peanuts.

Under what terms (years, amount) would signing Yashin be a great deal?

Because, IMO signing him to $4 million per would be a mistake.

People get all worked about Yashin yet Detroit is CLEARLY adamant about only signing players to one year contracts and since the rumors are that Yashin is looking for 4M, then the Wings would already have signed him if they were willing to pay that. IMO, when the Wings are talking about waiting around for players to drop their salary demands, theyre mostly talking about Yashin. People think those of us who want Yashin think its a great deal at any price. IMO, I would like to see what Yashin could do here, but thats purely contingent upon a 1 year contract and $3M MAX.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

People get all worked about Yashin yet Detroit is CLEARLY adamant about only signing players to one year contracts and since the rumors are that Yashin is looking for 4M, then the Wings would already have signed him if they were willing to pay that. IMO, when the Wings are talking about waiting around for players to drop their salary demands, theyre mostly talking about Yashin. People think those of us who want Yashin think its a great deal at any price. IMO, I would like to see what Yashin could do here, but thats purely contingent upon a 1 year contract and $3M MAX.

I doubt Yashins gonna take a 1 year contract. There are teams who'd give him 2-3 years at 3.5-4 million. I doubt were gonna get Yashin. I think Lindros/Forsberg are the options Kennys looking at , and niether are going to be signed for a while.

Think there will be any awkwardness between drake and lebda for that borderline dirty hit from last year?

I don't think will be since both of these guys are professionals. There was not much awkwardness between Hasek and Hall about the goal since I think that year they were roommates while on the road. There item's that are in the past and should not back looked at for future references.

Not even Steve Yzerman was the lone difference maker in a Stanley Cup Run. It always takes a unique combination of players, and theres no reason to ship off Grigorenko - a young guy with both skill AND grit - just because we dont know how hell pan out.

Well see how much money the Rags have left after Lundqvist goes to arbitration. 2 back to back Vezina noms speak for themselves. Shanny wont play for peanuts.

I highly doubt Yashin would take a 1 year deal worth $3 mil, when he's probably entertaining contracts offers around 3 years/$3.5-$4.5 right now.

I highly doubt Yashin would take a 1 year deal worth $3 mil, when he's probably entertaining contracts offers around 3 years/$3.5-$4.5 right now.

Well, considering Yashin is rumored to be asking for 4M, Im a little surprised to hear that he mightve been offered a 3 year/12M+ contract and still hasnt signed yet.

And if this is the case, then I dont know why we are even having this discussion. I dont know ANYONE on this board who wants Yashin for more than 1 year - I certainly don't - and Holland will NOT sign Yashin or any other player to anything longer than a 1 year contract, unless they get their hands on some scoring youth a la Ryder or Penner - neither of which are going to happen.

...well, if the Wings are still interested in someone who can step onto one of the top two lines, and if most people beleive that will be Yashin, then where does Grigs go? Not unless they trade Hudler and keep Kopecky in GRR, then Grigs can be #13 in the depth. I do believe he will be better than that though. Maybe if they sign Yashin, he nd grigs can be on a line with Dats. Hmmmmm, maybe...

...we'll see, but as long as Drake stays healthy, then this looks to be a steal at $550,000. I still wouldn't mind seeing Adam Hall here, but I am not Ken Holland...

Well, considering Yashin is rumored to be asking for 4M, Im a little surprised to hear that he mightve been offered a 3 year/12M+ contract and still hasnt signed yet.

And if this is the case, then I dont know why we are even having this discussion. I dont know ANYONE on this board who wants Yashin for more than 1 year - I certainly don't - and Holland will NOT sign Yashin or any other player to anything longer than a 1 year contract, unless they get their hands on some scoring youth a la Ryder or Penner - neither of which are going to happen.

A week or so ago Yashin's demands were presumably higher. Now that some of the bigger UFA's are off the table, I would assume his demands are starting to drop. That's how I came to my term/$ prediction for Yashin. If he's smart and saw what some of the other UFA's were going for, he would use that to determine his demands (atleast for the initial week of Free Agency).

I know that everyone here doesn't want Yashin for more than one year (atleast I would hope not), but that had nothing to do with what I'm saying. I meant that Yashin is probably looking for a little more than a 1 year/$4 mil deal. Obviously the longer the term, the less he'd take, but it still has to be reasonable in his eyes. However, I don't think 1 year/$4 mil is reasonable in his eyes..........yet.

That's my whole point.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Not sure but if we could give up some type of prospect with the addition of a couple of draft picks. Not sure I only stated Marelau as an option. And he would be a compliment Zetts at center. Let me know what you would be willing to pony up. Later guys.

GO WINGS

throwing prospects and draft picks is the last what Wings can currently afford. we are pretty thin in both departments and while this is changing we still need to be carefull about that.

Guest Canadian Wings

whoever is on the yashin bandwagon, i suggest you get off it. it isn't going to happen.

Seeing how they only have to pay the guy 2/3 of his contract, I don't mind this deal at all. He's not a real impact player but he plays his role very well and will give a good effort night in and out when called upon, he adds the grit the wings need and just may give that 4th line the little spark that has made previous Detroit "Grind Lines" so effective in the past.