• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

haroldsnepsts

Who will be the new LGW whipping boy?

Rate this topic

Who will get bashed most here next season?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what did Lebda do to make this list? haha

I voted for Lilja, although I was torn between him and Sammy.

I'm personally a fan of him being on this list, as I thought he was horrible in the playoffs last year. I cringed anytime the puck was dumped into his side of the ice. You just knew the other team was coming away with the puck.

That said, he's way too popular with LGW'ers (why I'm not sure), so I'm sure Sammy will get most of the heat, closely followed by Lilja.

And out of nowhere, Kopecky jumps to the lead as being the new whipping boy.

I haven't seen him make any major mistakes, but apparently he just doesn't make enough great plays and falls down too much, and isn't the hero Downey has become.

It'll be interesting to see if he remains the new Lazy and Sucksâ„¢ player when Sammy returns to the lineup.

Guest Canadian Wings

If you're looking for a singular scapegoat, you could just as easily go with Dats for the bad interference penalty at the end of the third period (that led to the tying goal).

Like the other guy said, that was a half ass call if i ever seen one. Sure Dats ran a LITTLE interference. I would have had no problem if it was consistent with the way the series was being called but it wasn't. It had no impact on the play, it wasn't even in the play...it was just one of those BS calls to give the other team a final chance on the PP.

Anyways, back on topic here...hmmmm, i'd have to go with Lilja...he was ******* horrible to start the year.

Like the other guy said, that was a half ass call if i ever seen one. Sure Dats ran a LITTLE interference. I would have had no problem if it was consistent with the way the series was being called but it wasn't. It had no impact on the play, it wasn't even in the play...it was just one of those BS calls to give the other team a final chance on the PP.

Anyways, back on topic here...hmmmm, i'd have to go with Lilja...he was ******* horrible to start the year.

If he ran a "little" interference, then it was a penalty. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a little weak considering how they had called things that game, but it was a penalty. A guy was trying to get into the play and Dats slowed him down.

But that wasn't even really my point. Mainly I was trying to say it wasn't just one bad call or bad play that cost the Wings the series. Thankfully, blaming Lilja for costing the Wings the Cup has died off with the new season.

Why is Kopecky not on the orignal ballot? This is shameful!

Of course, he can still win as a write-in vote. Tom Dobbs did in "Man of the Year". :D

I chose Smammy but I think Huds and Kopecky get their fair share as well

How did I not think of such a cool and insulting, yet also simple and obvious, nickname like that? You sir are a political genius, even if that was (and probably is) just a grammar mistake.

Sammy because nobody is happy when he's on point for the PP, and because he aims for the logo on the goalie's chest :P

That's why he's such a great shooter, because he always hits that logo on the goalie's chest. Who else in the league has that kind of aim?

That's why he's such a great shooter, because he always hits that logo on the goalie's chest. Who else in the league has that kind of aim?

He also has a knack for missing the net 20 feet wide. That truely takes skill, which only Samulesson has on this team.

He also has a knack for missing the net 20 feet wide. That truely takes skill, which only Samulesson has on this team.

He misses the net wide on purpose, because he knows how lively the boards at the JLA are. Now is this player a genius or what?

You can't say Lilja after that amazing diving save last night :clap: and Sammy almost had a goal, but it hit the dang post.

"He misses the net wide on purpose, because he knows how lively the boards at the JLA are. Now is this player a genius or what?"

Yeah, Nick does the same thing. He'll shoot it wide because he knows that Homer can get the rebound.

Edited by wingnut40

Who would of thought it would of been hasek?

Lilja - Sammy - Hasek - Drake -Kopecky

have been getting alot of whips from the fellows at the board this year.

Lilly-uh is pretty much a no-brainer. Kronwall for too many bad turnovers. Hasek...well...let's just say that Ozzie deserves a better backup. ;)

BTW, Grittzkey--I love your sig banner! Where'd you get that?? :)