• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Stars sign Fedoruk

Rate this topic

Winchester , Barch , Fedoruk and to an extent Halpern. And Morrow too , tough team.

I would definitly include Halpern in that mix. He's a pretty tough guy. I was really pulling for him last summer, but Holland missed out.

Halpern was also great in the playoffs for Dallas this year. He had about 2 or 3 goals in only 7 games on a offensivily depleted Dallas team. I would love to see Halpern in a Red Wings uniform sometime in the near future, since he's a good all around player, and is pretty tough too.

I usually hate Dallas every year, but if Fridge can stay healthy and get back to what he was 2 years ago..this is a really good signing. He's still a good fighter, he just lacks the judgement of being more defensive when fighting pure power punchers! (his 3 injuries have come from the 3 hardest punchers in the league)

Edited by Lou_Siffer

I usually hate Dallas every year, but if Fridge can stay healthy and get back to what he was 2 years ago..this is a really good signing. He's still a good fighter, he just lacks the judgement of being more defensive when fighting pure power punchers! (his 3 injuries have come from the 3 hardest punchers in the league)

Since you bring that up... Is Eric Cairns currently under contract with another team right now?

I would instantly take back every bad thing I ever said about Holland if he signed Cairns. After all, Holland claims he is looking for another defenseman, and Cairns just happens to play that position. :P

Since you bring that up... Is Eric Cairns currently under contract with another team right now?

I would instantly take back every bad thing I ever said about Holland if he signed Cairns. After all, Holland claims he is looking for another defenseman, and Cairns just happens to play that position. :P

No, he's a UFA, but he had major issues with post-concussion syndrome last season. Not sure if he's essentially retired or not.

Guest Canadian Wings

dallas trying to beef up to be just like anaheim. too bad they suck.

dallas trying to beef up to be just like anaheim. too bad they suck.

Dallas doesn't suck, they just lack any offensive firepower whatsoever. Anaheim has multiple players and lines that can put the puck in the net, and you can't really say the same about the Stars. Still, even with their meager offense they managed over 100 points. This signing won't address the scoring woes, but it sure makes them tougher to play against.

I'm a Stars fan, and I can honestly say I have no clue whether or not this signing will work out.

Like you guys have said, the team definitely got tougher.

I wanted the Stars to sign someone who can score goals. It's not like they don't have anyone who can fight. They have Morrow, Krys Barch, and Steve Ott. Now they sign Jeff Winchester, Toby Petersen, and Todd Fedoruk?

Ugh.

Like I said, I'm a Stars fan first and a Wings fan by marriage. I'm hoping within a year or two, and failed free agent signing after failed free agent signing, I'll switch my allegiance.

Edited by StarsWingsFan

Fridge is done. He should never fight again. I love his heart, but his head is made of hamburger now.

he's got more metal in his head than bender

No, he's a UFA, but he had major issues with post-concussion syndrome last season. Not sure if he's essentially retired or not.

Damn, too bad. Eric Cairns would be a dream choice for the Wings. Although he is a borderline caveman on skates type of player, I still would love him on the Wings.

Cairnsy! I love that guy.