• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
German Red Wing

Reports: 2nd outdoor game in the works

Rate this topic

Super, Wing fans sell out a 100K+ seat arena/field and still only 45K show up.. hehe..

Empty seats everywhere.

This just in, people at home watching it on tv complain about lack of support.

I would love to see an outdoor hockey game at the big house.

And then, after the Wings sell out a 100k+ crowd, we'll see a new arena that seats 50k...

Super, Wing fans sell out a 100K+ seat arena/field and still only 45K show up.. hehe..

Empty seats everywhere.

This just in, people at home watching it on tv complain about lack of support.

I'd watch it if it were a regular season game. It would probably be an all day special on Center Ice like Hockey Day In Canada.

If I had the opportunity to be there when it happened, you better believe I'd try my hardest to get tickets.

I'd watch it if it were a regular season game. It would probably be an all day special on Center Ice like Hockey Day In Canada.

If I had the opportunity to be there when it happened, you better believe I'd try my hardest to get tickets.

Just let ladybird hump your leg and you will be happy...as for the rest of us...

Well, here's my idea for nat grass places:

Lay down plywood to position the rink, and keep it from sinking into the dirt, then position temporary tubes and suck on the wood and ice it up!

Places such as:

Heinz Field

Spartan Stadium

Soldier Field in Chicago (home of DA BEARS!!!!!!!!)

Wings/Leafs, Michigan/MSU doubleheader at the Big House, anyone? I know Michigan was talking with the Wings a few years ago about both teams having a game. Not sure if those discussions continued....

-Tim

Talk about the Mother of All Tailgating parties!

UM/MSU - Noon start.

Wings/Leafs - 5PM start.

Anyone remember what time the UM/MSU match started when they played at the Spartan Sportatorium?

Go Blue!

1. Won't be Pens/Wings, as they are not scheduled to play this year

2. Won't be Leafs/Wings at Michigan Stadium, they are scheduled to play at the Air Canada Centre this season

Pens/Sabres on New Years Day at Ralph Wilson Stadium makes the most sense as far as the current schedule goes

IF there is going to be a game in the Detroit area (which I currently doubt at the moment), it should be - due to that, let's say, strange schedule - either against the Blackhawks or the Avalanche. That's just my two cents. I won't be able to attend it anyway - the distance is just too far for my budget... :(

Edited by German Red Wing

Talk about the Mother of All Tailgating parties!

UM/MSU - Noon start.

Wings/Leafs - 5PM start.

Anyone remember what time the UM/MSU match started when they played at the Spartan Sportatorium?

Go Blue!

It was later in the day. Michigan was playing Penn State in football (20-0!), and we watched it in the parking lot while we were tailgating. That one was a 3:30 start, so I'm guessing the Cold War was 7 or 7:30. Great time all around, except for getting Pio'ed.

-Tim

It's going to be Penguins/Sabres on Jan. 1st @ Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Still some issues to iron out, but it's going to be in Buffalo.

If you're right, this will be another laughable move by the NHL. Nobody is going to watch this over bowl games, Buffalo will be nowhere near as good as they were last year, and WHO is going to show it? Versus? The NHL is just funny to me now, I fought all of my friends for SOOO long, but I've accepted the fact that it is a big joke.

If you're right, this will be another laughable move by the NHL. Nobody is going to watch this over bowl games, Buffalo will be nowhere near as good as they were last year, and WHO is going to show it? Versus? The NHL is just funny to me now, I fought all of my friends for SOOO long, but I've accepted the fact that it is a big joke.

sadly I am headed to that conclusion as well.

Bettman is the Antichrist!

See i think it would be smarter to put it on the same day as the super bowl :huh: good job NHL its not like new years day is a big day for football or anything

Guest jaytan

It's too bad there's no NHL team in Wisconsin. I'd love to see there be another game at Lambeau Field.

-Tim

A few years ago, there were rumors floating around about the Gophers and Badgers playing an outdoor hockey game at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison. But, unfortunately, I don't think the idea got off the ground.

Pens/Sabres on New Years Day at Ralph Wilson Stadium makes the most sense as far as the current schedule goes

That's a letdown. Two teams that aren't very popular outside of their home areas, and one of them probably won't even be that good next season. If they're going to do this, they should do it with rival Original Six teams.

Hah! Can't say I'm not surprised there. The leagues two favorite bandwagon teams.

Though, with the loss of Drury and Briere, Buffalo may no longer qualify for that catagory. Someone like the Rags will quickly take their place.

Detroit @ Toronto playing where the Argo's play. It wouldnt be on the New Years Day , it would be 2 of the biggest fan bases, and an Original 6 match-up.

But no Gary , lets just get the Jackets vs. The Caps on Christmas Eve

How about Nashville vs. Florida instead? :lol:

Detroit @ Toronto playing where the Argo's play. It wouldnt be on the New Years Day , it would be 2 of the biggest fan bases, and an Original 6 match-up.

But no Gary , lets just get the Jackets vs. The Caps on Christmas Eve

I like the Wings-Leafs matchup because that day is Hockey Day in Canada...BMO Field where Toronto FC plays would be a possibility but I don't think they could fit any more than 30,000 fans there...I don't know if they'd play inside the Rogers Centre (SkyDome) where the Argos play, but it would be cool if they did