• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Systemfel

Shanahan re-signs with Rangers

Rate this topic

Good for him, I still hope he doesn't win the cup, because I root for the wings not their former players on different teams!

But if the wings aren't in it and the rags are then good luck Shanny!!

That's good news for Shanny, he was always one of my favorite players on the Wings, but from all accounts I've heard he really enjoyed last season in NY, it's nice when you can end your career pplaying somewhere you want to be... :thumbup:

Guest Canadian Wings

I could care less. At least it kept his old, slow ass out of Detroit.

Rangers have a real chance in the east next year. A detroit / NYR final might just save the nhl in the usa...tv ratings wise anyway.

eveybody bemoans us hockey ratings, but maybe if it wasn;t just small market us teams vs canadian teams it might be better

Wish Shanny all the best. Wings-Rangers Final :::fingers crossed:::

Hopefully Shanny finishes his career strong and then heads to the offices of the NHL and begins a de-Bettmanization of our beloved sport.

The Rangers are going to be a fun team to watch. High-powered offence and non-existant defence.

Exactly my thoughts. Their top defenseman this year is going to be Fedor Tyutin. While the rest of their defense isn't bad (Malik, Strudwick, Rozsival) and Tyutin isn't that bad either, they have no true top defenseman. Just a bunch of #5-6 guys.

As for Shanahan: Thank God he did sign in New York. I wasn't terribly worried he'd come back, but there was still that off chance. We don't need him here.

Uh oh, I smell a Cup contender....

Not really. Just because their buying out a bunch of forwards doesn't make them Cup contenders.

Look at the Rags roster in 2001-2002. That year they had Eric Lindros, Pavel Bure, Theo Fleury, Mike York, Petr Nedved, Radek Dvorak, Brian Leetch, Mark Messier, Matthew Barnaby, Vladimir Malakhov, Bryan Berard, Andreas Johansson, and Martin Rucinsky on the team, and they didn't even make the playoffs. The Rags roster in 2002-2003 was pretty much the same, minus Fleury, and Berard, and instead had Bobby Holik and Alexei Kovalev. Their roster in 2003-2004 was minus Pavel Bure, but had Jaromir Jagr instead.

They had a group of all star players on those teams, and that didn't get them anywhere. Note that this was before guys like Lindros and Bure were crippled also. They were still dominant players on these teams. Yet, the Rangers missed the playoffs all three of those years.

Buying high priced players doesn't mean that they will win it all this year. They still need to sign Lundqvist, Avery, and their current defense roster looks pretty poor.

All those that are surprised take one step forward.. exactly. This was as done of a deal as Hasek coming back to us was.

I'm very curious to see the $$$. I'm thinking he went for less than his $4M he got last year. I think he's worth the $4M, but I think the Rangers might be a little tight with the pocketbook seeing as their goaile still needs signing.

Edited by FireCaptain