• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Alexei Yashin

Rate this topic

I'd give him a low contract loaded with incentives. Not sure how possible that is though as I don't know the semantics and rules about all that jazz. I think he could be alright, but he's gotta earn his money for once.

The only reason Yashin begged to stay on Long Island is his hefty salary he was getting. Would you want to walk away from 7 million a season?

Face it, Yashin is a greed bag. He's only playing hockey just for the paycheck. He cares nothing about winning, or trying. He's a horrible choice, and should not be considered at all.

Reminds of a guy named...geez, what was it? Sergei Fedorov?

Reminds of a guy named...geez, what was it? Sergei Fedorov?

Yeah, and your point? I agree with that statement. Fedorov was the same way.

Why do you keep making an excuse for Yashin? I really believe that you, and many others for that matter, have never seen this guy play, and are just going off of his past point totals. If you had seen him play, you'd see that he provides about as much energy to the lineup as a dead horse.

Yashin is lazy and he sucks. End of story.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Yeah, and your point? I agree with that statement. Fedorov was the same way.

Why do you keep making an excuse for Yashin? I really believe that you, and many others for that matter, have never seen this guy play, and are just going off of his past point totals. If you had seen him play, you'd see that he provides about as much energy to the lineup as a dead horse.

A dead horse has more size and grit then Yashin too! :P

yashin? lindros? forsberg? or anyone else for that matter ends up in Detroit they will be supported and i will have complete faith in them acheiving until they prove otherwise.

acheive in Detroit i should say..

Edited by Lefkowitz

can someone help me out here? He says in the article that some people think "his move to Detroit is a settled thing". How can anyone think that? There is absolutely no rumor buzz of Yashin coming to detroit and there never has been, yet he claims that people think "its settled". Am i missing something?

A dead horse has more size and grit then Yashin too! :P

Oh, Yashin has size. He's actually 6'3. Normally that'd be just what the Wings need, if not for the fact that Yashin has probably never thrown a body check in his entire life.

can someone help me out here? He says in the article that some people think "his move to Detroit is a settled thing". How can anyone think that? There is absolutely no rumor buzz of Yashin coming to detroit and there never has been, yet he claims that people think "its settled". Am i missing something?

I was wondering the same thing. There have been rumors about him coming here, but only because he's one of the last few big name players left.

Oh, Yashin has size. He's actually 6'3. Normally that'd be just what the Wings need, if not for the fact that Yashin has probably never thrown a body check in his entire life.

Jeez , if Yashin came here we could just play a Samuleson-Yashin-Koepcky line. Lots of size , but afraid to use it :lol:

Jeez , if Yashin came here we could just play a Samuleson-Yashin-Koepcky line. Lots of size , but afraid to use it :lol:

It would also be the most useless line in entire league. And the laziest.

*waits for some moron to come and say what a hard worker Kopecky is*

Only way I support this move is if the Wings move Yashin to wing, and preferably Datsyuk's wing. A line with Datsyuk, Yashin and Franzen could be potentially outstanding. We keep crying about how awful our top 6 is but....

Yashin-Datsyuk-Franzen

Holmstrom-Zetterberg-Hudler or Flip

...That's a pretty damn good top 6 if you ask me.

This guy is a huge upgrade over Lang. He has one of the most killer wrist shots in the league and would be welcomed (for 3 mil per less) on the 2nd line. I mean, he was on the Isles....hard to shine on that team. However, I'm still waaaaaay confused over this whole "people think me coming to Detroit is settled" thing. That had to be a mis-quote.

I am confused here.. so he's basically saying that Detroit is probably where he'll end up?

"Some think my move to Detroit is a settled thing but I can say only that they want to see me in the squad as well as a number of other clubs, yet I can's say anything more definite."

Getting Yashin at around 2 million would be a good deal. I think he'd fit in well.

No way in hell that a 2 way contract happens. Man..I know some of you dislike the guy, but lets not go overboard.

Dislike isnt exactly the term I'd use ;)

I just dont want him or his baggage on this team, if were gonna take an over the hill greedy player , why not Fedorov and wait till the deadline? Its a better option IMO.

Dislike isnt exactly the term I'd use ;)

I just dont want him or his baggage on this team, if were gonna take an over the hill greedy player , why not Fedorov and wait till the deadline? Its a better option IMO.

33 is in no way being over the hill. Unless you're talking about him being over the hill when it comes to greed?

I would rather have Feds as well, but Yashin ain't so bad.

Yashin? Hmm. I didn't believe this a couple days ago.

But he could fill a spot here, you know? Lang's spot...as Detroit's whipping boy.

Oh, and I totally think we should wait for Feds at the deadline.

Edited by Offsides

33 is in no way being over the hill. Unless you're talking about him being over the hill when it comes to greed?

I would rather have Feds as well, but Yashin ain't so bad.

Yashin as a player , wouldnt be horrible. But what he brings with him is something I dont want. His reputation speaks for itself. He sat out a season because of contract negotiations? Plus his whole 10 year deal with NYI and how much money he needs to have.

Not only do I not want him here , but it doesnt seem likely he'd come here anyway. Its been rumored he wants 2-3 years at 3.5-4 million. Kenny wont give him that kinda of term/money.

People really get opinions about players and stick to it like glue. It is really mind boggling.

I think Yashin would flourish here. Plus, he has really matured since his younger days. Anybody that thinks he was bought out by the Isles because of a being a locker room cancer, or being super greedy is full of it.

Anyway, here's a nice story and video featuring Yashin:

Yashin? Hmm. I didn't believe this a couple days ago.

But he could fill a spot here, you know? Lang's spot...as Detroit's whipping boy.

Oh, and I totally think we should wait for Feds at the deadline.

Yashin and Fedorov on the same team at the same time? I don't think all the banks in the world could pay the salaries that those two alone will demand.

Yashin and Fedorov on the same team at the same time? I don't think all the banks in the world could pay the salaries that those two alone will demand.

I think she meant to skip out on Yashin, and wait for Feds.

Anyway, here's a nice story and video featuring Yashin:

That ass! How can he give a fan his stick? :P

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I'd take Yashin for 2.5 mil or less and a 1 year term. Or something incentive laden, but no more than 1 year to see how he performs and how his attitude is. I am sure any player coming to Detroit is well aware of Babcock's style of coaching and his "don't take s***, work hard and be rewarded" policy. I think Yashin, for as much crap as he has gotten for being lazy, being a locker-room cancer, etc... could flourish here in Detroit where we have been known to turn bad attitudes around and make players better. I do believe Hasek was bringing a lot of baggage back.... but that has worked out just fine all along!

Yashin isn't my first choice, but it seems at this stage in his career, he has more offensive upside than Fedorov does.