• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Alexei Yashin

Rate this topic

I know I know another Yashin thread, well this time these quotes are a little interesting. Granted this is from a Russian paper not sure how credible it is. But check it out for yourself. http://english.sport-express.ru/news/13_834/

Not sure if someone has posted this or not???. If this move does take place, what do you think???I for one I think Yashin may blossom in Detroit, with some of the supporting cast, he could put up some of his old numbers. I would like this move only if he comes cheap. By the way he is big for some of you who still want grit and touhgness :P

Go WINGS

Lose Lang to pick-up Yashin? Kenny wont do it , hes a smart GM. Losing a lazy guy with talent to pick up a lazy guy with talent , It just doesnt seem like something Kenny would do.

I'd take him for $3.5 mil/1 year deal. wings will probably give him $4.

I'd take him over Lindros and will be cheaper than Foresberg

3.5 million or 4 million for Yashin??!!? :crazy:

If this does take place what do you think the lines would look like.??? Again just speculating.

Lose Lang to pick-up Yashin? Kenny wont do it , hes a smart GM. Losing a lazy guy with talent to pick up a lazy guy with talent , It just doesnt seem like something Kenny would do.

3.5 million or 4 million for Yashin??!!? :crazy:

Me I would say 2.5 MIill- 3 Mill tops for Yoshi.

Yashin sucks. No thank you.

edit: Why is Alexei himself saying it's a sure thing the Wings signed him? I haven't heard that anywhere. It's only been rumored interest.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I'd rather have Feds back then Yashin. And Yashin for 1 million or 1.25 million wouldnt be bad , he'd be on the 4th line in the dog house for most of the season anyways.

Thats no question, Feds is the man!

no thanks hes a slacker , id rather take a chance with forsberg when he comes back , at least if hes healthy come playoffs he will give it his all , yashin wont ......if we cant land forsberg keep the cash and let the kids play and if someone is available for a good price at the deadline then by all means go for it

who is left on the market you would take over Yashin?

Lindros? Injured Foresberg?

Kenny gambled and lost on a top 6 forward up to this point, he can't go into the season without adding another Top 6 type guy. If we were rebuilding, we wouldn't have brought in Hasek and signed Rafalski. We are playing to win while rebuilding. The only way to do that sucessfully is to have veterans in the locker room. As much as I like Hudler, Fillpula, etc. they need mentorship.

...and you think Yashin is the guy to provide that?

You bet Yoshi is a proven leader, he leads by example. I mean s*** wasnt he the captain for the Isle?? You cant get much better than that. Yashin for next captain after Lidstrom.

:lol:

GOWINGS

As much as I like Hudler, Fillpula, etc. they need mentorship.

On what? Being a lazy euro? I'd rather have Flip learning from guys like Draper about how to be good defensively and get some good leadership skills. Lidstrom and Chelios have been to the promise land and back , thats all the mentorship they really need.

Yashin would however teach them to be greedy and suck money away from stupid GM's , "The Chicago Black Hawks annouced today that they have signed F Jiri Hudler to a 10 year 51.23 million dollar deal , which will pay him 5.321 mil per season with a 7 million dollar signing bonus" :P

i don't understand all the yashin hate from everyone. True he's not been the greatest player in terms of leading a team or producing when it counted. But how would most players preform with the kind of pressure the isles put on him by naming him the captain of a suck franchiese and then throwing Gretzky like money at him. If the weight is off him i fully expect him to produce. Heck he was a major part of the isles making the playoffs in the first place last year. Then after he begs them to keep him, they still bought him out. Bottom line is he had 50 points last year and would be a perfect replacement for Robert lang who had roughly the same production. Is he an upgrade over lang, Not a chance, but you can't replace Lang with what's left and if kenny decideds the kids arn't ready, putting them there hurts their development.

i don't understand all the yashin hate from everyone. True he's not been the greatest player in terms of leading a team or producing when it counted. But how would most players preform with the kind of pressure the isles put on him by naming him the captain of a suck franchiese and then throwing Gretzky like money at him. If the weight is off him i fully expect him to produce. Heck he was a major part of the isles making the playoffs in the first place last year. Then after he begs them to keep him, they still bought him out. Bottom line is he had 50 points last year and would be a perfect replacement for Robert lang who had roughly the same production. Is he an upgrade over lang, Not a chance, but you can't replace Lang with what's left and if kenny decideds the kids arn't ready, putting them there hurts their development.

The only reason Yashin begged to stay on Long Island is his hefty salary he was getting. Would you want to walk away from 7 million a season?

Face it, Yashin is a greed bag. He's only playing hockey just for the paycheck. He cares nothing about winning, or trying. He's a horrible choice, and should not be considered at all.