• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lebda4Pres

Lundqvist signs 1-year deal with Rangers

Rate this topic

Because they are only looking at the big names and not analyzing the entire team, The Rangers do not have a strong defence. Defence wins cups. Therefore....

Between Buffalo and the Devils getting their rosters flushed, I think the Rangers could pull a 4 seed. That's tops.

NY better bank on Drury continuing like he has the past two years and Gomez like he was last season, because Drury's seriously the only guy who's put up reliable reg season digits. Gomez isn't that hot a signing at all.

Guest DetroitIan

Seriously, does anyone know where the Rangers are at regarding the salary cap??? How the hell do they continue to afford all these signings. I mean, I figured New York would sign Lundqvist for sure. But im just really curious to see how close they are to the new cap. Cause its gotta be pretty damn close at this point.

Why do people keep saying this?

Take a look at their roster. The Rangers are absolutely STACKED. And im no Ranger fan. Hell, I'll be rooting against them all season. But the fact is, they actually depth up front this season. They got solid defense. And they have a very solid goaltender between the pipes. There is no reason that they cant contend in the east.

Edited by DetroitIan

Between Buffalo and the Devils getting their rosters flushed, I think the Rangers could pull a 4 seed. That's tops.

NY better bank on Drury continuing like he has the past two years and Gomez like he was last season, because Drury's seriously the only guy who's put up reliable reg season digits. Gomez isn't that hot a signing at all.

Gomez had 13 goals and 60pts in 72 games last year (good enough for $7+ million I guess :blink: ). Drury has never scored 70pts in a season.

They lost an 80pt per year guy in Nylander.

Seriously, does anyone know where the Rangers are at regarding the salary cap??? How the hell do they continue to afford all these signings. I mean, I figured New York would sign Lundqvist for sure. But im just really curious to see how close they are to the new cap. Cause its gotta be pretty damn close at this point.

Take a look at their roster. The Rangers are absolutely STACKED. And im no Ranger fan. Hell, I'll be rooting against them all season. But the fact is, they actually depth up front this season. They got solid defense. And they have a very solid goaltender between the pipes. There is no reason that they cant contend in the east.

Did you just say that the Rangers have "solid defense"?

I think they are actually over the cap currently, I calculate $51.7 million for 10 forward, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies. They have some work to do to fill out the roster and cut salaries.

They haven't signed Avery yet either.

Guest DetroitIan

Because they are only looking at the big names and not analyzing the entire team, The Rangers do not have a strong defence. Defence wins cups. Therefore....

I beg to differ my man. Ya know they do have a few good d-men. Like, Merrick Malik, Rozival, Paul Mara, Jason Strudwick, and Fedr Tyutin. Thats actually not a bad defensive core. Especially for a frontline that is completely loaded. And a young, highly skilled netminder. Sounds like a contender to me. Unfortunately.

^^^^^^Read post above

Yeah that is definitely a KEY signing for the Rangers. Never thought I'de be saying that about Sean Avery. But yeah Im really hoping they wont be able to afford Aves. I actually would love to see him in red again.

Edited by DetroitIan

While it is not a bad core defense it is a long ways away from good. At best that is a mediocre defense. Look at how Vokoun had to stand on his head in Nashville last year and that D was a lot better than this years Rags D. Whichh would be as chrisdetroit said is not a strong defense.

And some of their forwards do not play a great Defensive game, if any at all. Jagr, does he even pass his own blue line (kidding obviously). Shanny is not the two way guy he used to be.

Drury and Gomez where very very good additions, but they should have gone after Schnieds, Rafalski, hell even Markov would make that D leaps and bounds better than it is.

Guest DetroitIan

While it is not a bad core defense it is a long ways away from good.

Oh absolutely, I agree. In no way do I think they're stacked on D. But I would feel confident to say that they have atleast a solid D. They could definitely use one more impact defenseman. But being loaded up front, and having such a skilled and talented goaltender, will help. I definitely think they'll contend.

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest Lebda4Pres

Good move. I wonder if we'll see Ottawa come to an agreement with Emery before his hearing too.

By the way, your username and signature are awesome.

Thnx

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/nyr.html

According to this, which looks current, the Rangers are now officially over the cap. And that's not even counting Avery.

We should do them a favor and take him off their hands. Get on the phone, Kenny.

Avery would be a great addition to this team. If the Rangers can't afford him, I wonder what he would cost us.

Gomez had 13 goals and 60pts in 72 games last year (good enough for $7+ million I guess :blink: ). Drury has never scored 70pts in a season.

They lost an 80pt per year guy in Nylander.

I think they are actually over the cap currently, I calculate $51.7 million for 10 forward, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies. They have some work to do to fill out the roster and cut salaries.

Yeah, but Gomez & Drury have never played with talent the likes a Jagr & Shanahan. I'd bet the farm their numbers go up significantly. Nylander registered 80 points (83) only once in his career. (ok, he did get 79 in 05-06, so unofficially twice) I'll take Gomez or Drury over Nylander 7 days a week, and twice on Sunday, wouldn't you? And sure their defense isn't flashy, but it is solid...Yes, SOLID...They won't be asked to do much more than feed Jags, Shanny, Ryan Callahan & Peter Prucha then stay at home and clear the crease for Henry. Dan Girardi is a future all star and for a big physical d-man they've got Craig Weller down on the farm. The old saying is, you build a championship team from the goal out. I think most of you would agree, WE'VE GOT THAT COVERED!! And Jags loves....LOVES Avery, and what Jags wants, Jags gets...