• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pondrocket

D Mac

Rate this topic

Have not heard a peep about McCarty. Isn't his Calgary deal up?

Yes it is.

He'll probably get a contract somewhere, but it will be for the league minimum and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the minors quite a bit this season.

He's simply a non-factor on the ice more than he isn't.

I just don't think Mac's body can take the abuse anymore. He's been injured quite a bit recently and has seemed to slow down alot. Just what i've noticed from him latley, but im sure he will find a job somewhere in the league.

Unfortunately, QFT.

During the past 3 regular seasons, Mac has only managed to play 142 games out of a possible 246. His injury problems seem to be slowing him down at a much greater rate than they had in years past.

Here's hoping for an unexpected turnaround for the 07/08 season! :sly:

Guest DetroitIan

Yeah its really sad to see. McCarty will always be one of my favorite ever. And I will always hang the signed plaque I have of him in my room. I would love to see him comeback. Just gotta hope his body holds up. I hope he can be the grinder that he we all know he can be.

Guest jaytan

He'd probably retire if he could afford to. It's unfortunate, but it's also the way things work. Eventually, everyone fades away.

I wouldnt mind if we invited him to training camp to see if he could still play. I dont know , but I just feel if he came back to his favorite team with his best friends , he might play better. But that could just be wishful thinking.

Crazy idea, but how 'bout we sign DMac for the League Minimum, and let him retire a Red Wing after 2007-08? Just like Drake, if he doesn't work out, for $500,000 or so, it's no big deal.

I also like the thought of having Darren to work in the front office after his career is over.

Crazy idea, but how 'bout we sign DMac for the League Minimum, and let him retire a Red Wing after 2007-08? Just like Drake, if he doesn't work out, for $500,000 or so, it's no big deal.

I also like the thought of having Darren to work in the front office after his career is over.

Im with you on that one Barrie. Letting him retire a wing for no money cant be a bad idea. Plus if we happen to get the injury bug late in the season next year , we'll have Kopecky and Mac ready to come in.

I wouldnt mind if we invited him to training camp to see if he could still play. I dont know , but I just feel if he came back to his favorite team with his best friends , he might play better. But that could just be wishful thinking.

I'd like it if he returned

I wouldn't mind Mac coming back...if he can still play and if he fills a need for the Wings. I do not want any former Wing back here if he does not fill a current need.

This is not some feel-good nostalgia tour...that's what the Wings' Alumni Association is for. This is a business and the goal of the business is to win the Stanley Cup. You either contribute or get out of the way.

Edited by Yzermania19

Guest Crymson

While $500K might just be cap space to YOU, it's one-half million dollars to the organization. One does not spend one-half million dollars for kicks.

Personally I would love to see Mac come back to the Wings, as a scout or in some sort official postion, come on Kenny, there's gotta be some kind of job you can give him!

they are always looking for people to sign up fans to Red Wings Master Cards at games!

I wouldn't mind Mac coming back...if he can still play and if he fills a need for the Wings. I do not want any former Wing back here if he does not fill a current need.

This is not some feel-good nostalgia tour...that's what the Wings' Alumni Association is for. This is a business and the goal of the business is to win the Stanley Cup. You either contribute or get out of the way.

one former wing signing per year....oops we've hit our max

Edited by elriqo28

What's his band name again? They suck beyond measure. I actually left Arts, Beats and Eats early when I was very close to the stage and fairly excited to see "Live" a few years back. I just couldn't take it. I think they're called Grinder? They were just awful. I mean, maybe I'm a snob because I'm a music major, but they just made my ears bleed and I swear the lyrics took points off of my IQ. "We can make a house, we can make a tree..." What a hook.

...Adam Hall before McCarty...

What's his band name again? They suck beyond measure. I actually left Arts, Beats and Eats early when I was very close to the stage and fairly excited to see "Live" a few years back. I just couldn't take it. I think they're called Grinder? They were just awful. I mean, maybe I'm a snob because I'm a music major, but they just made my ears bleed and I swear the lyrics took points off of my IQ. "We can make a house, we can make a tree..." What a hook.

you're right, they abso-freaking-lutely suck! The only reason he gets people to watch is because of him being McCarty. The poeple who watch aren't even fans on that music genre, they are Wings fans...

I'd rather play McCarty before Kopecky.

Regardless, McCarty can't play anymore. He's been having a hard run in with injuries the past few years. He'll probably just decide to hang up the skates next year.