• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Lebda Vs Quincey

Rate this topic

He won't have to since Lilja is ready, & willing :lol:

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Lilja's two fights came during the lunar eclipse. We won't be seeing that happen again for a while.

Ok, I clearly made that up, but you know what I mean. I'd be very surprised to see Lilja ever fight again. He's not very good at it (though he did beat Patrick Sharp, who's not a bad fighter).

Edited by Kp-Wings

QUINCEY. hes tougher, and he will stand up for his team mates.

If you're implying that Quincey will fight people, please don't. I've never seen him drop the gloves.

yeah he has just not in an NHL game. but one time Chelios was getting pretty banged up and Quincey started punching the guys that were roughing up Cheli, but a fight never really broke out

Finding a good player (top 6 forward/top 4 Dman) whom is cappable of dropping the mitts, & holding his own in a fight is challenging to say the least.

With the current defenseman left on the market, it definitly is. Andy Sutton is the only one who truly interests me, but he wants just as much money as Markov does.

There are guys that I wouldn't mind, like Bryan Berard. He's the best there is left as far as top defenseman go. Honestly though, a player like Berard wouldn't fill any need that we don't already have another player who can do what he does. Lidstrom and Rafalski are both perfectly capable offensive defenseman, so Berard wouldn't really be needed.

Of course, as far as fighting defenseman go, there are still some of my favorites, like Eric Cairns. Only problem is he is of the "caveman on skates" variety: meaning that other than fighting, he isn't that a great of player. I still think if he played with a decent defenseman as his partner, like Chelios, he might do well. I have my doubts about Holland ever signing a 6'6 sized player. He prefers anything in the 5'8-5'11 catagory.

I don't know what'll happen. My instinct tells me Holland is done. He hasn't came out and said anything yet, but judging by what's left on the market, I don't expect any more signings.

Quincey had 126 penalty minutes last year. I don't think he drops the gloves very often but at least he doesn't shy away from contact. hopefully he enjoys boarding and crosschecking.

Quincey had 126 penalty minutes last year. I don't think he drops the gloves very often but at least he doesn't shy away from contact. hopefully he enjoys boarding and crosschecking.

All Quincey has to do is to take a roughing penalty now and then -he does that and he'll be Detroit's toughest defenseman in an instant.

lebda's great and i love him too but honestly quincey has the advantage with size and aggression. i dont think we'd be able to choose one over the other; they both have their strong points. however, i think quincey is going to become a huge asset to the wings in the future.

Speed can make a defenseman 10 times better defensively purely because they have the speed to get back. Lebda also has some smarts.

As for him being an "offensive" Dman, I think people are getting "offensive" confused with "puck-moving"

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Lilja's two fights came during the lunar eclipse. We won't be seeing that happen again for a while.

Ok, I clearly made that up, but you know what I mean. I'd be very surprised to see Lilja ever fight again. He's not very good at it (though he did beat Patrick Sharp, who's not a bad fighter).

I think you might be wrong. I dont think Lilja is suddenly going to convert into an enforcer or anything, but I think he will go for it more next season than he used to. Im pretty sure after Lilja's sudden inclination to be physical, that Babs and co made it clear to him that he needs to use his size and strength a little bit more if he wants to keep his spot with the club. Liljas seen some of his best years here in Detroit and he could be fighting for a contract this season - literally.