• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Official 2007-08 Red Wings Schedule

Rate this topic

Full Schedule: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...season=20072008

Khan:

The Wings open the 2007-08 regular season at home on Oct. 3 against the Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks, in a rematch of the Western Conference finals. It'll mark the return of former Wings Mathieu Schneider and Todd Bertuzzi, who signed free-agent deals with Anaheim last week. The rest of the schedule will be announced soon.

Looking forward to the season starting even more now!

Guest DetroitIan

This is fantastic news! What a great way to start out the season with a bang. Our newest and now biggest rival in hockey. I can't ******* wait to light them up. It's gonna be a battle, but I have faith in our squad. Especially once we find out who the last few signings of the offseason will be. But as for scheduling, this was brilliant.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Lol I have a feeling that Kronwall will somehow manage to injure himself along with Schneider and Bertuzzi in one horrific play.

Terrible, horrible schedule, as usual in the new NHL era. No Rangers, no Fliers, etc. The interdivision schedule is just an embarrassment to hockey. They should give tickets to 4 games vs the blue jackets away for free.... OK opening vs. the Ducks is contrived - good first game to get people to watch. But seriously, they need some marquis match-ups. Each team should play each other. Original 6 teams should play each other once a year at least. Also, it would even out the travel for all teams. So instead of the Wings and Stars flying to the West coast every few weeks, the east teams would have to do it too. Sorry to rant, but the schedule is the single worst thing about the *new* nhl.....

No Rangers.

Bruins, Leafs, and Canadiens on the road.

The only home game with an original six team is against the Blackhawks.

No Sid the Kid.

Plus 14 games on consecutive nights.

Not that I didn't expect this but excuse me while I hurl...

No Rangers.

Bruins, Leafs, and Canadiens on the road.

The only home game with an original six team is against the Blackhawks.

No Sid the Kid.

Plus 14 games on consecutive nights.

Not that I didn't expect this but excuse me while I hurl...

Like I reiterated above - the schedule just flat out sucks. If I held tickets in Detroit, I'd demand to bring in some East teams/orig 6 teams/less central division sludge OR give up my tickets.....

Terrible, horrible schedule, as usual in the new NHL era.... Original 6 teams should play each other once a year at least. Also, it would even out the travel for all teams. So instead of the Wings and Stars flying to the West coast every few weeks, the east teams would have to do it too. Sorry to rant, but the schedule is the single worst thing about the *new* nhl.....

I agree. I really really really hope this is the last year of this crap schedule. It's against everything that is good and holy for the Wings not the play the Leafs every season. And waiting four years to see an Eastern Conference team play is a JOKE.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Guest DetroitIan

It's great to see that we're FINALLY playing the Maple Leafs again. And Ottawa for that matter. All around this looks like a really fun schedule for the Wings. Im already stoked.

Okay, that schedule BLOWS, why do we have to play the $%^&*()$#@ SOUTHEAST division again, can any one remember the last time we played Montreal (non-preseason?) Garbage, absolute garbage......

:nonono:

Okay, that schedule BLOWS, why do we have to play the $%^&*()$#@ SOUTHEAST division again, can any one remember the last time we played Montreal (non-preseason?) Garbage, absolute garbage......

:nonono:

Seriously, the people that actually like this schedule must be about 15 and they simply don't remember great rivalries with Toronto, etc. Even before the lockout, you got to see each team every year. That way, it would be no more than every two years that you got to see a particular team play at the Joe. Now it could literally be years.... Fu*k Columbus, Nashville, and other teams that acutally like this sh*t. The schedule should be about the fans, and it clearly is not. :thumbdown:

I agree. I really really really hope this is the last year of this crap schedule. It's against everything that is good and holy for the Wings not the play the Leafs every season. And waiting four years to see an Eastern Conference team play is a JOKE.

The Wings do play the Leafs

Sat Feb 9, 2008 Red Wings Maple Leafs 0 - 0 3:00 PM ET

Sat Feb 9, 2008 Red Wings @ Maple Leafs 3:00 PM ET

Sun Feb 10, 2008 Ducks@ Red Wings 1:00 PM ET

Why the hell would they schedule the games like this?

I would think the league would want the Saturday game at primetime for the Hockey Night in Canada audience.

And then to fly back home and play a matinee game the next day.....Stupid