• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Official 2007-08 Red Wings Schedule

Rate this topic

I wish Bettman would listen to the fans and players and fix the damn schedule. I bet a poll would be around 80% yes for putting inter-conference play back in. This one Division of the other Conference is crap.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 Red Wings Avalanche- looks like I know what I'm asking for for Xmas

Mon Feb 18, 2008 Red Wings Avalanche - and what I'm asking for for V'Day. :D

Ya I mean they can do it in baseball where the teams play Al vrs NL and not just for the all star game, why can't they do it in hockey where we can see all the teams? It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to try and figure out a new schedule. I would love to see the rangers more than once, same for the pennguins. I mean it must get boring for the teams as well to have to play every team in your division only over and over again. That's not how you create rivalrys, Rivalry's are created in the playoffs you bum ass bettman!!

October 6th is not long off.

And it will pass even faster... Those 8 games we play against the Hawks are nothing more than practice for us where our points increase by 2 after the practice is over.

Bring on Oct 3rd

Who likes the new way of scheduling?! I remember an interview with Gary Bettman and they asked him if he was going to do anything regarding the widespread disapproval of the schedule, and he said, "oh no, our sources say the fans are loving it..." What crap is that?! Who's liking it?! I bet he just pulled that right out of his grimy Garry Bettman ass.

in an interview last year i saw bettman say that they wanted to run the schedule for the 3 years that is was suppose to..

You can probably look forward to the schedule changing for the 08-09 season.

Guest DetroitIan

Until they change the schedule format. There's nothing we can do about the lack of Eastern Conference opponents. But for the record. I cant WAIT for them to change this format. Cause its absolutely horrible.

Looking at the schedule, it looks like crap.

I guess playing garbage teams like the Blackhawks, Blues and Blue jackets 8x each pads our stats, but it doesn't make our team any better. We need a challenge like playing those teams less and playing east coast teams more.

The new way of scheduling sucks.

I didn't mind it much before last season, until it happened.

But this coming year looks like nothing but garbage. I think every team should play each other at least once.

I think that if the league mandates we play particular teams then we should get breaks in salary cap, or in other ways as well, since they essentially decide how much our team travels in a given year. i guarantee detroit travels as much or more than most of the other teams out there.

Detroit has to be a hard city to play in (as a detroit player) because of that fact.

Ya I mean they can do it in baseball where the teams play Al vrs NL and not just for the all star game, why can't they do it in hockey where we can see all the teams? It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to try and figure out a new schedule. I would love to see the rangers more than once, same for the pennguins. I mean it must get boring for the teams as well to have to play every team in your division only over and over again. That's not how you create rivalrys, Rivalry's are created in the playoffs you bum ass bettman!!

Speaking of baseball... doesn't March seem more like it should be the Tiger's schedule and not the Red Wings

Edited by vangvace

CBC probably has the triple header going... Two Canadian teams in the prime time slot.

Wings-Leafs @ 3pm

Canadiens-Sens @ 7pm

Lanche-Canucks @ 10pm

This will probably be Hockey Day in Canada

I am excited as technically if the wife will allow it i can hit all 3 games in Canada this year - lets hope lol if not i am shooting to the sens game on Jan 12th

i know the schedule sucks but ive never been to opening night so im gona buy 2 ticket for me and my gf (shes never been to a game) for Oct.3rd vs. Sucky Ducks

Okay, that schedule BLOWS, why do we have to play the $%^&*()$#@ SOUTHEAST division again, can any one remember the last time we played Montreal (non-preseason?) Garbage, absolute garbage......

:nonono:

We played Montreal last year at the Joe, and won. I believe 2-0 on goals By Hudler and Datsyuk, and Hasek getting the shutout. I was there, so I'm not positive, but that's what I remember.

Word,

LDi03

So I just took a quick look at the preseason schedule, and 7 out of the 9 games we play are against Eastern Conference teams.

What the hell?

Gotta save those exiting Columbus and St. Louis games for the season, you know. ;)