• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Ansar Khan's response to Yashin article

Rate this topic

For those of you who don't know, Sport Express (a Russian online newspaper) published an article interviewing Yashin. Yashin was quoted saying "people think my move to Detroit is settled. They are just one of the many clubs interested in me". I e-mailed Ansar Khan "M-live Wings editor" for his thoughts on this. His response:

"Thanks. I'll check on it. I doubt it's true, since someone in the Wings front office last week called Yashin a loser and said they would have no interest in him, but you never know."

Doesn't look like Yashin will be wearing the Winged wheel afterall.

Doesn't look like Yashin will be wearing the Winged wheel afterall.

:clap::clap::clap:

I don't feel like there's a void in Wings lineup after ditching Lang.

I've seen enough underperforming primadonnas over the years.

let'em go to Chicago or Toranto

"Thanks. I'll check on it. I doubt it's true, since someone in the Wings front office last week called Yashin a loser and said they would have no interest in him, but you never know."

Bwahahahaha :lol: Not sure if that kinda thing is supposed to leak out :P

"...someone in the Wings front office last week called Yashin a loser and said they would have no interest in him..."

Sounds like Jimmy D. :lol: Probably the same source that said that Bertuzzi was a player that you wouldn't risk a multi-year contract on because of his back.

Sign him...We have more talent then he has played with for years...Just think a .92 pts per game avg and allmost half his carreer with the Ilanders...only 33, playing for a contender, the influx of our youth...what could it hurt...barring that the banks not broken...

If he signs, fine, it'll likely be for cheap, but most likely, he won't sign so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm really thinking that our lineup right now is far more solid than most people realize.

Hudler and the Flip will get a lot more minutes and develop. I think Hudler will score 30 goals this year if he gets the minutes. Flip will get stronger and more confident and grow into a solid player. Franzen and Cleary had really great years all things considered and Cleary was outstanding in the playoffs. Holmstrom doesn't appear to be a fluke by even the most stringent measure. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are as good of a two man superstar combo in the league. Like everyone was saying last year, the Dats-Zetts-Homer line was the best in the league. I'm kinda thinking Draper won't be great but he won't suck as bad as he did this year. We've got a few more young guys coming up that could step up and contribute. I think there's plenty of upside and plenty of room for guys with serious potential who can step up and make a huge impact.

The tough part is going to be next year after we re-sign Zetts. Guys like Cleary and Franzen will also be coming up soonafter and they'll rightfully expect raises. It'll be interesting to see the numbers that Zetts is willing to sign for considering he seems to really be committed to this organization. That will be the kicker.

Generally though, I'm quite happy with our offense right now given the salary cap situation. I think we've got a real solid group of guys and if some people flutter, we can make a move at the deadline, no harm, no foul, but I've really got a good feeling about these guys this year. If Lilja plays as well as he did in the playoffs in the future, we'll have a pretty solid defensive corps as well. It should be a good year. I think we'll have a better shot at the Cup now that some guys got closer and stepped up. I'm really getting pumped up for October...

If he signs, fine, it'll likely be for cheap, but most likely, he won't sign so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm really thinking that our lineup right now is far more solid than most people realize.

Hudler and the Flip will get a lot more minutes and develop. I think Hudler will score 30 goals this year if he gets the minutes. Flip will get stronger and more confident and grow into a solid player. Franzen and Cleary had really great years all things considered and Cleary was outstanding in the playoffs. Holmstrom doesn't appear to be a fluke by even the most stringent measure. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are as good of a two man superstar combo in the league. Like everyone was saying last year, the Dats-Zetts-Homer line was the best in the league. I'm kinda thinking Draper won't be great but he won't suck as bad as he did this year. We've got a few more young guys coming up that could step up and contribute. I think there's plenty of upside and plenty of room for guys with serious potential who can step up and make a huge impact.

The tough part is going to be next year after we re-sign Zetts. Guys like Cleary and Franzen will also be coming up soonafter and they'll rightfully expect raises. It'll be interesting to see the numbers that Zetts is willing to sign for considering he seems to really be committed to this organization. That will be the kicker.

Generally though, I'm quite happy with our offense right now given the salary cap situation. I think we've got a real solid group of guys and if some people flutter, we can make a move at the deadline, no harm, no foul, but I've really got a good feeling about these guys this year. If Lilja plays as well as he did in the playoffs in the future, we'll have a pretty solid defensive corps as well. It should be a good year. I think we'll have a better shot at the Cup now that some guys got closer and stepped up. I'm really getting pumped up for October...

I agree with everything said - except for the comment on Lilja. I honestly figured he was done as a Red Wing after that turn-over (and Selanne game winner) against the Ducks in OT. Can't recall who failed to clear the puck in the final seconds of regulation - to be fair to Lilja - but it seems to me Lilja makes a ton of mistakes. I'm not comfortable when he's in there in tight games. Just me I guess...

:lol: good

I would be very angry if Yashin ever signed here.

I agree with everything said - except for the comment on Lilja. I honestly figured he was done as a Red Wing after that turn-over (and Selanne game winner) against the Ducks in OT. Can't recall who failed to clear the puck in the final seconds of regulation - to be fair to Lilja - but it seems to me Lilja makes a ton of mistakes. I'm not comfortable when he's in there in tight games. Just me I guess...

I disagree. I thought Lilja played so good during the playoffs. I acctually like Lilja a lot now. He's got heart.

To finish your thought, Franzen was responsible for the failed clearing attempt.

I'm really surprised at how many people still rip Lilja for that giveaway. It's part of the game, could have just as easily been Lidstrom that did it. Plus, Lilja was so terrific in the playoffs, and that one play in no way diminished that, at least in my perspective. Lilja's mishap did not cost the Red Wings the series.

Edited by GoWings1905