• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Reggie Dunlop

Eklund at it again. Forsberg to Detroit?

Rate this topic

i hope this happens so bad. just for the reactions here, it would be the biggest 180 a fanbase has ever done on a player. Forsberg would go from being a diving-crying-pansy to one of the greatest players ever to take the ice.

...as did Chelios... As would Holmstrom if he signed with Nashville...As would (if he was able to play) Konstantinov if he played ANYWHERE... That is part of the fun of being a fan, making fun of the opposing players and calling them a bunch of names. I know plenty of people who say they hated Steve Yzerman, but put him on their team and the story changes. It's the same in all sports...

...I still want Adam Hall to sign here as well...

Edited by LeftWinger

i hope this happens so bad. just for the reactions here, it would be the biggest 180 a fanbase has ever done on a player. Forsberg would go from being a diving-crying-pansy to one of the greatest players ever to take the ice.

ehhh...while it is true that many Wings fans made a big 180 on Bert, I don't see the same happening with Forsberg. We already respect him as a player because of his talent and the past rivalry. Many of us just think that he's too injured to be the Forsberg of old. That being said, if he comes here we will definitely support him but you won't see a 180 like you may have for Bert.

BTW, this is an Eklund rumor, which means it has no base and he pulled it out of his hind quarters. lol

I think he means only if Forsberg is healthy...

Which is when?

Sorry, just don't really like the guy, rather him play elsewhere. Personal opinion. I'd rather wait and get Mr. 1,105pts. in 1,128 gp. With a nice 163pts. in 162 playoff games. :D

Which is when?

Sorry, just don't really like the guy, rather him play elsewhere. Personal opinion. I'd rather wait and get Mr. 1,105pts. in 1,128 gp. With a nice 163pts. in 162 playoff games. :D

Why not both...

That's always how it's going to be. That goes for any fan base.

Forsberg would becoming a God here in a matter of seconds if he's a Wing.

Anyways, I've never actually disliked the guy. There were only three Avs I could not stand. Claude, Adam, and Patrick. Forsberg is someone you hate to play against but would absolutely love to have on your team.

Guest DetroitIan

Eklund is a ******* retard. I have no clue why anyone even reads the crap he posts. Yeah Forsberg is a great forward and we need a forward. But coming from Eklund it means nothing to me. I would listen to my dog's barking over Eklund's bulls***.

Eklund is a ******* retard. I have no clue why anyone even reads the crap he posts. Yeah Forsberg is a great forward and we need a forward. But coming from Eklund it means nothing to me. I would listen to my dog's barking over Eklund's bulls***.

Haha too be honest his info rates even worse than that....a LOT worse

I dont know about this I really dont like Forsbum, but he is one hell of a hockey player and I guess if we can welcome in Bert we should be able to welcome in Forsberg besides its been a few years since he played for that team in the West. If he comes to Detroit I am going to have to stop hanging the dummy up at Halloween with his jersey on it :D

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

Guest jaytan

Not for me. That's one scumbag I will never bring myself to support in any way. Even if he joins the Wings and leads them to a Stanley Cup, I'll continue to despise him.

I'll literally be sick if we sign this creep.

Not for me. That's one scumbag I will never bring myself to support in any way. Even if he joins the Wings and leads them to a Stanley Cup, I'll continue to despise him.

I'll literally be sick if we sign this creep.

Why is he a creep?

Guest DetroitIan

Why is he a creep?

Probably because he was in a avs jersey. :rolleyes: Lets face it. No matter what hatred we all had for this guy. He is an AMAZING player when he's healthy. And everyone here who hated him as an av. Would seriously bow to him if he were to don the winged wheel. Some people need to take the blinders off.

So true :lol:

Guest DetroitIan

And for the record. I for one have hated the guy for YEARS. And not just hated him. He was in my top 3 most hated players ever list. But if he were in Red Wing red. He would be instantly off that list.

Imagine a line of:

Zetterberg/Forbserg/Holmstrom

Lidstrom/Kronwall

How sick is that?

It's the Swedish 5. Maybe they can take on the Russian 5 in reunion games.

And for the record. I for one have hated the guy for YEARS. And not just hated him. He was in my top 3 most hated players ever list. But if he were in Red Wing red. He would be instantly off that list.

I was the same towards Bertuzzi.

Okay that's funny! :lol:

Eklund and his dog:

"Arf, arf"

"What's that Sparky? The Red Wings are trading Hudler to the Penguins for Sidney Crosby?"

"Arf, ARF, ARF!!"

"That's amazing, buddy. I will have to post it on my web site right away!"

"Arf, aarf"

"Thanks old pal, your a good dog!"

Edited by Winged Scooter

Guest jaytan

Everything about him disgusts me. I could care less than he was on those old Colorado teams. Hell, I could welcome Foote, Blake, Sakic, Drury.... Pretty much any of those guys besides Forsberg, Lepieuke and Roy. The ill will from that rivalry's gone, but Forsberg will always be the scum of the league.

And even if I didn't hate him, you've got to admit that it would be idiotic to sign such an injury-prone, washed-up player who doesn't even care about winning anymore.

Imagine a line of:

Zetterberg/Forbserg/Holmstrom

Lidstrom/Kronwall

How sick is that?

As much as I dislike Flopper I sure would like to see the 5 of them standing on the blue line during the anthem and watching the ice on the other side of the rink turn yellow.

Guest DetroitIan

I was the same towards Bertuzzi.

Exactly! Same here! In fact, I would say I hated Bertuzzi JUST as much as Forsberg. Yet I would have done anything to see Big Bert retained(not for 4 mill a year of course, but still). In fact, I'll probably always like Bert now.

Everything about him disgusts me. I could care less than he was on those old Colorado teams. Hell, I could welcome Foote, Blake, Sakic, Drury.... Pretty much any of those guys besides Forsberg, Lepieuke and Roy. The ill will from that rivalry's gone, but Forsberg will always be the scum of the league.

And even if I didn't hate him, you've got to admit that it would be idiotic to sign such an injury-prone, washed-up player who doesn't even care about winning anymore.

I understand that we all have players we'd never like to see on our team, but calling Forsberg washed up and not caring to win anymore is a bit overboard. At least in my eyes. He's already a world class player. Put him on a great team such as the Wings, and he'd be a hero over here.

Guest DetroitIan

Okay that's funny! :lol:

Eklund and his dog:

"Arf, arf"

"What's that Sparky? The Red Wings are trading Hudler to the Penguins for Sidney Crosby?"

"Arf, ARF, ARF!!"

"That's amazing, buddy. I will have to post it on my web site right away!"

"Arf, aarf"

"Thanks old pal, your a good dog!"

HAHAHA! :lol::lol::lol:

You may be able to criticize Forsberg for a number of flaws, but not being a competitor and wanting to win night in and night out is not an accurate criticism.

Guest DetroitIan

Imagine a line of:

Zetterberg/Forsberg/Holmstrom

Lidstrom/Kronwall

How sick is that?

*starts to drool*