• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Reggie Dunlop

Eklund at it again. Forsberg to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Okay that's funny! :lol:

Eklund and his dog:

"Arf, arf"

"What's that Sparky? The Red Wings are trading Hudler to the Penguins for Sidney Crosby?"

"Arf, ARF, ARF!!"

"That's amazing, buddy. I will have to post it on my web site right away!"

"Arf, aarf"

"Thanks old pal, your a good dog!"

LOL !!!!

Exactly! Same here! In fact, I would say I hated Bertuzzi JUST as much as Forsberg. Yet I would have done anything to see Big Bert retained(not for 4 mill a year of course, but still). In fact, I'll probably always like Bert now.

Yeah, exactly. I'm also a fan of his now.

WOOT. GO BIG BERT! :P

Guest jaytan

Exactly! Same here! In fact, I would say I hated Bertuzzi JUST as much as Forsberg. Yet I would have done anything to see Big Bert retained(not for 4 mill a year of course, but still). In fact, I'll probably always like Bert now.

You people who hated Bert, did you even have a reason to hate him? Forsberg is in a completely different category. The only time I'd want to see him in a red sweater is if it were soaked in his blood.

Pretty sick. But I'd rather have Lilja playing with Nick then Kronwall ;)

Or if it was a PP , Sammy would be out with Nick.

Lilja over Kronwall and SAMMY at the point over Kronwall? What is this you are speaking of? I am not understanding. *shakes head*

I'm sure this is complete speculation on Eklund's part. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the Wings are interested in Forsberg.

They keep saying they want a top-6 forward. Is there another, currently available, guy out there that fits this description? Forsberg is the only guy, especially now that we know there is no interest in Yashin.

Add in their interest at the deadline and , poof, it makes complete sense. Of course, for the right price, I don't think there is a sane GM that wouldn't be interested in Forsberg. Even at 60% of his former self, he's still a hell of a player.

However, is Forsberg intersted in playing here? That's the question.

You people who hated Bert, did you even have a reason to hate him? Forsberg is in a completely different category. The only time I'd want to see him in a red sweater is if it were soaked in his blood.

OK, I'll bite. WHY do you HATE Forsberg?

Guest jaytan

As much as I dislike Flopper I sure would like to see the 5 of them standing on the blue line during the anthem...

Try that during the Olympics. Not at the Joe.

Um. Did Forsberg ever do anything to the Wings to spark this hatred you have for him? Besides of course being on the Avs.

I disliked Bertuzzi because of the incident. One I'd rather not talk about anymore because it's been long over with.

And for the record. I for one have hated the guy for YEARS. And not just hated him. He was in my top 3 most hated players ever list. But if he were in Red Wing red. He would be instantly off that list.

:clap:

IMagine hearing this next year: "Here comes LIdstrom up the ice with the puck. Wow what a move he just put on Penner!!!! He passes it to Zetterberg. Zetterberg makes a fool of Pronger and sets up the Detroit PP....passes it back to Lidstrom. Lidstrom waits... He SHOOTS!!! Giguere kicks it out! Big Rebound!!! GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :siren: PETER FORSBERG with his first goal as a Detroit Red Wing! Detroit up 5-0!

Lilja over Kronwall and SAMMY at the point over Kronwall? What is this you are speaking of? I am not understanding. *shakes head*

Kronwalls good on the point? Since when , he had 1 goal last season :P

He's better then Lilja , but I like Lilja more so I'd put him there.

Guest DetroitIan

Of course we had a reason to hate him. If you remember, we had quite a little rivalry with the Canucks. The constant intense battles he had with Cheli. And him being one of their best players. How about him ending another players career??? With a CHEAPSHOT no less. So yeah, trust me, there were SEVERAL reasons to hate Bertuzzi in the past. But after his stint with the Red Wings. I will never have ill feelings toward him again. I enjoyed watching him in the winged wheel. And for a better price, I would have LOVED to see him remain in Hockeytown. No doubt about it.

Peter Forsberg, when healthy, is as good a center as there is in the NHL, who's not named Crosby.

He's the full package, of skill, grit and determination.

Allowing your foolish emotion to cloud your judgement of him as a player is juvenile. The fact that he's hated by some Wings fans is proof that he's a great player.

Bring on Forsberg.

Guest DetroitIan

:clap:

IMagine hearing this next year: "Here comes LIdstrom up the ice with the puck. Wow what a move he just put on Penner!!!! He passes it to Zetterberg. Zetterberg makes a fool of Pronger and sets up the Detroit PP....passes it back to Lidstrom. Lidstrom waits... He SHOOTS!!! Giguere kicks it out! Big Rebound!!! GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :siren: PETER FORSBERG with his first goal as a Detroit Red Wing! Detroit up 5-0!

Music to my ears man. Music to my ears. :D:thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest jaytan

OK, I'll bite. WHY do you HATE Forsberg?

A. He's one of the filthiest, cowardly prats I've ever seen play hockey.

B. He beat the Red Wings while he was on Colorado.

C. He scored that penalty shot in the '94 Olympics.

D. He just seems like a dirtbag.

Kronwalls good on the point? Since when , he had 1 goal last season :P

He's better then Lilja , but I like Lilja more so I'd put him there.

Kronwall is MUCH more reliable at the point. He can actually keep the puck in, and is an excellent passer. He's got good vision out there. But hey..if you want the puck given up every 5 seconds..then Sammy is your guy!

As for Lilja? I like him too, but I much prefer Kronner.

Guest jaytan

I disliked Bertuzzi because of the incident. One I'd rather not talk about anymore because it's been long over with.

That "incident" was all Moore's fault. Bertuzzi was over-punished by the league.

The little Canucks rivalry never really meant much, and at least Bertuzzi played it like a man.

No offense, but those are all horrible reasons.

Of course we had a reason to hate him. If you remember, we had quite a little rivalry with the Canucks. The constant intense battles he had with Cheli. And him being one of their best players. How about him ending another players career??? With a CHEAPSHOT no less. So yeah, trust me, there were SEVERAL reasons to hate Bertuzzi in the past. But after his stint with the Red Wings. I will never have ill feelings toward him again. I enjoyed watching him in the winged wheel. And for a better price, I would have LOVED to see him remain in Hockeytown. No doubt about it.

It's like that old Seinfeld stand up bit: "We don't root for the players any more, we root for the jerseys."

Perfect example: a guy named Sergei who used to wear 91 for the Wings back in the day, oh how quickly fans turned on him when he decided to bolt for the California sun.

I personally have no problem if Forsberg can come here and contribute, but it's a moot point. Just AIN'T gonna happen.

Guest jaytan

Well, can one of you Forsberg-lovers give me a reason you're so obsessed with that werewolf-looking jerk?

Well, I won't try to argue you away from those because they are all emotional, not logical.

Federov?

I'd rather have Fedorov

That "incident" was all Moore's fault. Bertuzzi was over-punished by the league.

The little Canucks rivalry never really meant much, and at least Bertuzzi played it like a man.

LOL. Okay..buddy.

The Nucks got their payback on Moore when Cooke fought him. There wasn't any need for Bert to do what he did.