• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skacore

Kyle Quincey fight I just uploaded

Rate this topic

I just went on my old comp and found a Kyle Quincey fight I had saved from this year in Grand Rapids so I uploaded it to YouTube incase anyone is interested in watching it. I figure since some of us are starving for a willing fighter in Detroit and Quincey is likely going to be getting some more ice time this year you guys might wanna check this out.

oh no.. looks like ericsson is about to get his ass kicked and then someone else comes in

I liked Kopecky exchanging blows with that dude... very nice. I would love to see the guy play like that with the Wings... bring that edge kid!

everyone fights in the AHL. i remember seeing Kopecky fighting in a vid once. Kindl fought all the time in the OHL. Chelios used to go all the time.

as soon as they make the wings they turn into *******

EVEN Nik Lidstrom had a fight on his rookie year...

btw...i can;t decide if i'm being serious or not here, or just trolling so it's probably better to ignore me

it does seem to me though that a lot of players who threw down in the AHL or Juniors become reluctant as soon as thye hit the big time

It's because Detroit has no team toughness. If Detroit had one or two guys dropping the gloves on a more or less regular basis, I think a lot more players would stick up for themselves and their teammates.

That was version 2.0 of that Avs announcer calling the Roy vs Osgood fight. Osgood won, yet all you hear from the Avs feed..."A right by Roy! A right by Roy! And another right by Roy!"

Whenever a guy uses the term "unloading" to describe another guy...you gotta wonder.

No s***! Kopecky kicked his ass, dealing him blows almost the entire fight. That other dude gets in a punch or two at the end then tries to act like he won or something with his hands all up in the air. What a dumbass. BTW, "stood his ground" in home-town broadcast lingo means "got beat up, but didn't drop."

Win Kopecky.

esteef

Edited by esteef

From what i seen, in 28 games Kopecky was not once even close to being in a fight. And for someone who's supposed to be trying to make an impression...that was extremely disappointing. Add on to that the 1pt, not hitting as much as people seem to think he did, and you have the reason why I always rag on him.

That was version 2.0 of that Avs announcer calling the Roy vs Osgood fight. Osgood won, yet all you hear from the Avs feed..."A right by Roy! A right by Roy! And another right by Roy!"

Whenever a guy uses the term "unloading" to describe another guy...you gotta wonder.

In no way, shape, or form can i understand anybody calling that fight a win for Osgood. I dont mean to single you out YG, cause i know theres others here that think he won as well, but its a really bias call.

Guest jaytan

The kids in juniors fight like crazy because they're trying to get noticed by pro scouts. Most of them aren't planning to become full-time enforcers or anything like that.

The kids in juniors fight like crazy because they're trying to get noticed by pro scouts. Most of them aren't planning to become full-time enforcers or anything like that.

But more often than not, even if said guy isnt pursuing an enforcer role, when he comes up to the NHL he will be fighting initially to make an impression. In Kopecky's case, he just didnt do anything.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

But more often than not, even if said guy isnt pursuing an enforcer role, when he comes up to the NHL he will be fighting initially to make an impression. In Kopecky's case, he just didnt do anything.

Right you are, Lou.

My honest opinion of Kopecky? The guy plays like a girl. He's 6'3, yet doesn't hit or fight at all. Considering he didn't put up any points when he played (ok, 1 point in 26 games), I see no reason for him to be in the lineup. Mark Hartigan will make a better 13th forward than Kopecky.

Right you are, Lou.

My honest opinion of Kopecky? The guy plays like a girl. He's 6'3, yet doesn't hit or fight at all. Considering he didn't put up any points when he played (ok, 1 point in 26 games), I see no reason for him to be in the lineup. Mark Hartigan will make a better 13th forward than Kopecky.

Kopecky could be a type who plays a little rougher style of play when he's got someone like Bootland with him. Similar to the way Maltby used to play a ton chippier (not fighting of course, but still...) when McCarty was there. But, it goes without saying there wont be anyone like that out there with him on this team. So i guess we're left with Kobecky being a girly man. ;)

Kopy isn't a fighter. He fought that game, which if I remember correctly was the last game of the season. He was getting the crap knocked out of him for a few games in a row (even taking a two handed slash to back of the leg), and finally snapped on someone. When there is a guy on his line that will stand up for him,(i.e. bootland in the "A") he will throw his body around more. I think this post said it perfectly:

Kopecky could be a type who plays a little rougher style of play when he's got someone like Bootland with him. Similar to the way Maltby used to play a ton chippier (not fighting of course, but still...) when McCarty was there. But, it goes without saying there wont be anyone like that out there with him on this team. So i guess we're left with Kobecky being a girly man. ;)

Edit: Fixed some stuff.

Edited by Coyote0106

Kopy isn't a fighter. He fought that game, which if I remember correctly was the last game of the season. He was getting the crap knocked out of him for a few games in a row (even taking a two handed slash to back of the leg), and finally snapped on someone. When there is a guy on his line that will stand up for him,(i.e. bootland in the "A") he will throw his body around more. I think this post said it perfectly:

I always like your GR input Coyote! I had a feeling Kopecky was one of those types. I never got to see much of him in GR though. This is a bad situation for him then, cause he wont be playing anybody tough like that at all.

I always like your GR input Coyote! I had a feeling Kopecky was one of those types. I never got to see much of him in GR though. This is a bad situation for him then, cause he wont be playing anybody tough like that at all.

Exactly. There are plenty of guys on the free agent market still that can fight and still play the game, and yet, Holland doesn't want to sign them. I don't see why he is so afraid of having a fighter on the team. There are plenty of good ones still left out there. I guess the whole Norton fiasco scared him away from ever having someone who fights on this team again.

Like Lou said, it won't matter on the Wings. They have no forwards who will go out there and actually stand up for anyone. Unless Holland totally pulls a rabbit out of his hat, like signing Arron Asham or Adam Hall, Kopecky will be fairly useless on this team, like I predict.

Edited by Kp-Wings

In no way, shape, or form can i understand anybody calling that fight a win for Osgood. I dont mean to single you out YG, cause i know theres others here that think he won as well, but its a really bias call.

Ozzie didn't win, but he didn't lose either. It was a draw.

Guest DetroitIan

Definitely. I hate how every says Ozzie got his ass kicked. If you watch the video you can CLEARLY tell that they landed basically the same amount of punches. Therefore, its a draw. No doubt about it.

Well, if the biggest Osgood fan around in you is just calling it a draw....that for sure means he lost ;)

Definitely. I hate how every says Ozzie got his ass kicked. If you watch the video you can CLEARLY tell that they landed basically the same amount of punches. Therefore, its a draw. No doubt about it.

Even if thats the case, the difference is Roy's punches were packing alot more mustard behind them than Osgood's were. Osgood didnt do much at all aside from getting a takedown in the end.

Guest DetroitIan

Even if thats the case, the difference is Roy's punches were packing alot more mustard behind them than Osgood's were. Osgood didnt do much at all aside from getting a takedown in the end.

I agree that Roy's punches definitely looked harder. But when you dont land jack s*** it doesnt matter. If you look at the replay closely, you can tell that almost every one of Roy's punches missed Ozzie's head. So I guaruntee there was no damage done. And even though Ozzie landed 2 right off the bat. They werent punches with tons of force. And adding in the takedown at the end, I would say its very fair to say it was a draw. Roy's punches looked way better, they just didnt land. Unless you count Ozzie's shoulders, lol.

draw? no, snuff beaten out of him? no... he got slightly edged thats it.. no big deal, both guys can leave the fight feeling as if they won because they had their moments, roughly the same punches thrown, roy had more behind his punches in the flurry he had, and osgood landed a couple then a take down

Guest DetroitIan

draw? no, snuff beaten out of him? no... he got slightly edged thats it.. no big deal, both guys can leave the fight feeling as if they won because they had their moments, roughly the same punches thrown, roy had more behind his punches in the flurry he had, and osgood landed a couple then a take down

I can definitely agree with that. Its either a draw. Or Ozzie was just slightly edged. Perfect way to put it.

Osgood didn't win. Let's not be blind to the truth, Ozzie lovers.

Osgood didn't lose. Let's not be blind to the truth, Ozzie haters.

It was a draw. And I'm pretty intermediate about the whole thing, since I'm mostly lukewarm when it comes to Osgood. I'm not a die hard fan of his, but I don't hate the guy either.

omg i've been looking for quince videos on youtube and there weren't any! thanks so much for that it was awesome! do you have any more?

not that I know of, not right now anyway...sorry

I know you can find the video of Quincey getting hit in the playoffs where he bounced off both the boards, it is in a 2007 top 10 playoff plays or something, I can find it if you want

omg i've been looking for quince videos on youtube and there weren't any! thanks so much for that it was awesome! do you have any more?

Top 10 plays from 2007 playoffs

#8 is Quincey getting hit into the bench, its at 1:19