• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheels

Wings vs. Lions Thanksgiving Day

Rate this topic

Since we have learned the Red Wings will be playing the Preds. on Thanksgiving and we know the Lions will be hosting the Packers, a burning question arises, who wins their game?

I say the wings, with the lions skipping out of their game early to head down to the Joe.

Since we have learned the Red Wings will be playing the Preds. on Thanksgiving and we know the Lions will be hosting the Packers, a burning question arises, who wins their game?

I say the wings, with the lions skipping out of their game early to head down to the Joe.

the preds game is in nashville

I know one thing: sumbuddy else can cook the damn turkey, because I'm gonna plant my arse in front of the telly!

*sigh* I know I'll be cooking the turkey and hosting the host, but it will be WAAAAY more fun with some WingAction added onto the inevitable Lions l... loo... loossss... err, the not exactly Lions win. :hehe:

Edited by RedRockit

Guest DetroitIan

I actually think they will both win. I can't believe Im saying this about the Lions. But they always seem to look better on thanksgiving(even when they lose, lol). And the Red Wings will put a beating on the preds. Should be a good day for Detroit!

The Lions always lose on Thanksgiving. In fact, it's usually a blowout too. Unless they play either Oakland or Houston, it's a guerenteed loss.

The Wings game will depend on the Predators standing at that time. Judging by their current roster, I don't see them giving us that much trouble.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Well with the Lions set to win a record 10+ games this year (Kitna), I'd say that'd be one of them!!

Go Wings too!!

The Lions always lose on Thanksgiving. In fact, it's usually a blowout too. Unless they play either Oakland or Houston, it's a guerenteed loss.

The Wings game will depend on the Predators standing at that time. Judging by their current roster, I don't see them giving us that much trouble.

Wasn't that many YEARS ago they beat the Packers!! :D

Well with the Lions set to win a record 10+ games this year (Kitna), I'd say that'd be one of them!!

You must be young. The Lions had 10+ wins in 91, 93, and 95, including a 12-4 season in 91 when they went to the NFC championship game, losing to the ridiculously good Redskins (best offense and second best defense in the NFL)

You must be young. The Lions had 10+ wins in 91, 93, and 95, including a 12-4 season in 91 when they went to the NFC championship game, losing to the ridiculously good Redskins (best offense and second best defense in the NFL)

Hey Eva, thanks for the complement!

I am not that young and yes, I am aware of that!!

I should have chosen better words there. Let's rephrase that....a Millen Era Record!! lol

Get my drift??

Hey Eva, thanks for the complement!

I am not that young and yes, I am aware of that!!

I should have chosen better words there. Let's rephrase that....a Millen Era Record!! lol

Get my drift??

The Lions could set a Millen-era record with 8 wins...

The Lions could set a Millen-era record with 8 wins...

And a Ford Era record of actually winning more than one playoff game. :yowza:

Edited by Jwo

I actually think they will both win. I can't believe Im saying this about the Lions. But they always seem to look better on thanksgiving(even when they lose, lol). And the Red Wings will put a beating on the preds. Should be a good day for Detroit!

:nonono:

Red Wings and Packers win that day. :D

I think the lions will win, every year i say they are going to be better and dang it, this years going to be the year. As for the wings well come on its the wings of course they will win :D

I'll watch both. I always watch at least the thanksgiving game. Lions done by 4:30 or so a few hours off for food and then the Wings. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree 100% a great day for sports in Detroit well hopefully, do the Pistons play on Thanksgiving ?

I say da Redwings 200 Predators 0 :P In all likelyhood Nashville will not be as good next year as they have been the last few which is meaningless considering they are in the same division and those games are often close regardless of the gap.

As for the Lions? Brett Favre has never much of a fan of the Detroit atmosphere. Remember 2003? So I guess there could be some light at the end of the tunnel.

As for the Lions? Brett Favre has never much of a fan of the Detroit atmosphere. Remember 2003? So I guess there could be some light at the end of the tunnel.

The Packers are 4-2 in the last six games in Detroit...

Though with Kitna breaking records left and right this season, and Calvin Johnson going for 600 catches for 10,000 yards, it could be one of the 14 games that the Lions win.

-Tim