• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan191

Tampa Bay's new logo leaked

Rate this topic

I don't understand why teams are all changing their logos. No matter what these stupid new jerseys are made out of, can't you just keep the old logo?

Tampa's looks similar, yes, but I'm speaking in general here. It's a novelty thing to do by changing the team's logo. It's cool when one team does it, but not when all 30 do it at the same time.

Even though its similar to their current logo, IMO this one looks even more like a street hockey logo.

:thumbdown:

I wish they'd change their colour scheme too. Black is so 90's. A little black isn't bad but teams like TB, NJ and SJ need to change things up with new colours.

Philly, Chicago and Boston can keep black in there because they're more traditional teams and colours. But I'd like to see some clubs take advantage of the slew of colours available.

I've never understood why nobody's tried to emulate the University of Michigan colour scheme. Their uni's look great!

Guest jaytan

That's an improvement, but frankly, it still sucks.

They did a good job by finally getting rid of that horrible Brushscript wordmark that was in the original one, but this new font doesn't work that well either. It also looks pretty unbalanced, if you ask me.

They should have just scrapped the whole thing and started from scratch! I think they should use blue as their main color, and maybe consider adding yellow to the scheme (since lightning bolts are usually depicted as yellow).

As for the logo, they should use a simple, bold lightning bolt, and no wordmark whatsoever.

You know, if you take away the circle and the words, and just keep the lightning bolt (maybe with a recolor to yellow), I think it would be fantastic.

I don't think Tampa could ever please me no matter what they do. The words Tampa Bay, Lightning and hockey are STILL hard for me to fully get used to.

But I am a hypocrite since I cheer on the Coyotes despite year after year of terrible results.

Guest jaytan

I don't have as big of a problem with the Lightning as I do with other teams based in non-traditional markets because that area is full of transplants and retirees from Canada and the Midwest. I've been to some games in Tampa Bay (one of them was when they were actually playing at some fairground, it was hilarious), and I swear there were more Wings fans in attendance than Tampa fans.

Even though its similar to their current logo, IMO this one looks even more like a street hockey logo.

:thumbdown:

agreed i see no reason to change what they already had

That's an improvement, but frankly, it still sucks.

They did a good job by finally getting rid of that horrible Brushscript wordmark that was in the original one, but this new font doesn't work that well either. It also looks pretty unbalanced, if you ask me.

They should have just scrapped the whole thing and started from scratch! I think they should use blue as their main color, and maybe consider adding yellow to the scheme (since lightning bolts are usually depicted as yellow).

As for the logo, they should use a simple, bold lightning bolt, and no wordmark whatsoever.

You know, if you take away the circle and the words, and just keep the lightning bolt (maybe with a recolor to yellow), I think it would be fantastic.

That would be cool, but don't see it ever happening since Bufffalo's color scheme is blue and yellow, they would be like the same. They should be blue and silver, scrap the black, and substitute yellow, use that as an outline color or a trim color. That would be neat.

That would be cool, but don't see it ever happening since Bufffalo's color scheme is blue and yellow, they would be like the same. They should be blue and silver, scrap the black, and substitute yellow, use that as an outline color or a trim color. That would be neat.

Yellow would be cool...that's what I was thinking too.

But doesn't this somehow have the feel of a Adobe Illustrator 101 project to it? It doesn't seem polished for some reason.

I predict they will eventually make the secondary logo (the one with just the bolt and Florida) the main logo.

Edit: the old TB logo was somehow better. This may have just beaten the new Sharks for worst logo in the league.

Edited by shadow47

It's the same thing, except now there's a shadow of the grip of Florida's favorite handgun, the 9mm.

BTW the Sharks schedule just came out, and we have NO games against the SE division, and 1 each against the Division the Leafs are in. (NE I believe). Lame.

I predict they will eventually make the secondary logo (the one with just the bolt and Florida) the main logo.

Edit: the old TB logo was somehow better. This may have just beaten the new Sharks for worst logo in the league.

Have you seen the new Sharks logo? I'm worried.

Or are you talking about the current one? That is definitely YOUR opinion, as the Sharks jersey is one of the best selling jerseys in the league, and I believe was the best selling jersey upon the team's creation. I think Calgary's jersey is topping the list right now... I can't find the statistics. I believe the best all time are the Hawks and the WIngs.

edit: here's the list for this last season...

TOP 20 SELLING PLAYER JERSEYS (NHL.COM)

Feb. 1-28, 2007

1. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins

2. Daniel Briere, Buffalo Sabres

3. Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

4. Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres

5. Thomas Vanek, Buffalo Sabres

6. Jason Pominville, Buffalo Sabres

7. Chris Drury, Buffalo Sabres

8. Joe Sakic, Colorado Avalanche

9. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

10. Peter Forsberg, Nashville Predators/Philadelphia Flyers

11. Brian Campbell, Buffalo Sabres, and Eric Staal, Carolina Hurricanes

13. Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks

14. Mike Modano, Dallas Stars

15. Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers

16. Brendan Shanahan, New York Rangers

17. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers

18. Derek Roy, Buffalo Sabres

19. Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Teemu Selanne, Anaheim Ducks

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2007/03/whats-h...hl-jerseys.html

What's interesting about this is that I live in Los Angeles/Long Beach, and not only have never seen anyone not at a Ducks game in a jersey, but after they won the cup, I didn't see one person in a jersey either. Nor was it on the news really at all. I see the occasional person in a Kings jersey in sports bars, and of course I'm always in a jersey, but that's it. Oh, and the TV ratings for the cup were almost twice what they were in LA during the Stanley Cup finals in Buffalo compared to Anaheim, even though BUF was out by then.

Edited by Defenseman13

I never liked their logo... maybe its just the colors but I dunno I just never really liked em. Looks childish or something.

TOP 20 SELLING PLAYER JERSEYS (NHL.COM)

Feb. 1-28, 2007

1. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins

2. Daniel Briere, Buffalo Sabres

3. Ryan Miller, Buffalo Sabres

4. Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo Sabres

5. Thomas Vanek, Buffalo Sabres

6. Jason Pominville, Buffalo Sabres

7. Chris Drury, Buffalo Sabres

8. Joe Sakic, Colorado Avalanche

9. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

10. Peter Forsberg, Nashville Predators/Philadelphia Flyers

11. Brian Campbell, Buffalo Sabres, and Eric Staal, Carolina Hurricanes

13. Joe Thornton, San Jose Sharks

14. Mike Modano, Dallas Stars

15. Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers

16. Brendan Shanahan, New York Rangers

17. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers

18. Derek Roy, Buffalo Sabres

19. Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Teemu Selanne, Anaheim Ducks

How in the hell does Buffalo completely dominate the list like that? Jason Pominville and Daniel Briere? Are you kidding me? Those guys aren't even that popular.

Like I said, this past season, Buffalo and Pittsburgh are the two offical bandwagon teams of the NHL. That's why I'm not surprised that they will be playing each other in the outdoor game this season.

How in the hell does Buffalo completely dominate the list like that? Jason Pominville and Daniel Briere? Are you kidding me? Those guys aren't even that popular.

I'm pretty sure its mainly because they switched to those new buffaslug jerseys. I don't know many people who actually liked the look of them, but i guess people were buying them. Combine that with their succes this year and it makes a little more sense, but it's still odd they could be that high.