• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Who will be the WORST NHL team this season?

Rate this topic

Has ESPN done their annual "The Flyers Have a Strong Chance at Going Undefeated this Season" yet? Maybe they'll just run some preseason footage from any of the last 10 summers.

aloha

Don't ask me, I'm Canadian. I watch true hockey channels like TSN.

:P

Guest DetroitIan

I'd put my money on either Phoenix or Washington.

For some reason, I have a soft spot for the Yotes, maybe it's Gretz. I think I'd actually like to see them do better and at least be able to compete for a playoff spot.

I agree. I really wanna see Wayne have success behind the bench. Hopefully they wont be bottom of the barrell this season.

Guest DetroitIan

Also I dont really see the Canes being very good. Im guessing they miss the playoffs.

Phoenix or Edmonton. And I wouldn't rule out Long Island and Carolina as well. Definitely NOT on that "worst team" list is Florida. They will be in a multi-team race for the 8th in the East...

EDIT: Forgot to mention Nashville. If they get into injury trouble early this season, they will be a candidate as well.

Edited by German Red Wing

Columbus, Edmonton, Phoenix, NYI, Washington, and Chicago are all perennial contenders and I expect them to reside at the bottom for most of the season. L.A. and Philly should both do better given their offseason moves and other improvements via either prospect improvement or coaching.

Florida I think should do rather well. They've got some solid young talent growing nicely, and they've added more secondary scoring so it's not just the Olli Jokinen show. Add a proven goaltender (Vokoun) and maybe a shutdown forward or two, and they've got a solid team.

Edmonton and Phoenix will battle for worst.

Sabres will probably take the biggest fall this season though. Flyers will take the biggest leap.

as for the preds. they won't score as many goals, probably 30 less. But defensively, we'll be amazing. Added Bonk, Ortmeyer and de Vries. Bigger, grittier. Got rid of a couple of small cutesy guys (kariya and timonen). Plus one more trade/signing to get up to the cap floor which you can bet will be a big defensive guy. They won't challenge for the president's with 110 points next season. But still a playoff team.

Edited by Legionnaire11

Can be any team really... we will find out just about near March or April... My gut feeling says the team with the least amount of points come the end of the season will be the worst team :)

:lol: *Hugs OzGOD*

Edmonton and Phoenix will battle for worst.

Sabres will probably take the biggest fall this season though. Flyers will take the biggest leap.

as for the preds. they won't score as many goals, probably 30 less. But defensively, we'll be amazing. Added Bonk, Ortmeyer and de Vries. Bigger, grittier. Got rid of a couple of small cutesy guys (kariya and timonen). Plus one more trade/signing to get up to the cap floor which you can bet will be a big defensive guy. They won't challenge for the president's with 110 points next season. But still a playoff team.

Anyone who doesn't see the huge level of young talent left on Nashville's roster is a moron. They'll definitely make the playoffs, but I doubt they'll get past the 1st round. Sorry dude. The prospects in your system are enviable though.

Phoenix is a good bet. I can't really think of a worse team. But just to have a different option in this thread...

Carolina.

are you kidding me? i really hope that was a joke. If half there team isn't injured this team is an eastern conference contender. How would we have done If Zetterberg, Markov, and Lidstrom had been injured and Dats went into a slump? That's about how Carolina did when Stillman had surgery, Kaberle was out all year, Hedican was in and out, Plus Staal's production dropped. If This team is healhty this year they'll make some noise. Last year they had at one time maybe 5 healthy nhl defensemen.

Edited by theman19

are you kidding me? i really hope that was a joke. If half there team isn't injured this team is an eastern conference contender. How would we have done If Zetterberg, Markov, and Lidstrom had been injured and Dats went into a slump? That's about how Carolina did when Stillman had surgery, Kaberle was out all year, Hedican was in and out, Plus Staal's production dropped. If This team is healhty this year they'll make some noise. Last year they had at one time maybe 5 healthy nhl defensemen.

You really are a closet Hurricanes fan, eh?

coyotes but they have some good prospects devloping.

The Coyotes have had good prospects, before. And they reach their potential after the 'Yotes (i.e Briere).

The team is doomed for quite a long time. They fired Barnett which is a step in the right direction. Fire Gretzky, because IMO he is just a marketing ploy to get butts in the seats. But with all that said they're still going to win atleast have their games.....in the AHL.

All joking aside, they're going to blow this year. But I'll still be at the Joe for those two games in a yotes jersey. :ph34r:

The Coyotes have had good prospects, before. And they reach their potential after the 'Yotes (i.e Briere).

The team is doomed for quite a long time. They fired Barnett which is a step in the right direction. Fire Gretzky, because IMO he is just a marketing ploy to get butts in the seats. But with all that said they're still going to win atleast have their games.....in the AHL.

All joking aside, they're going to blow this year. But I'll still be at the Joe for those two games in a yotes jersey. :ph34r:

I feel bad for you, I really do.

But I guess most of us feel the same way about the Lions being garbage. Having a bad team has it's advantage, self pity is always fun.

Calgary or Minnesota are going to be my two picks... I just have a feeling one or the other is going to implode and we're all going to be standing around going "Holy Crap never expected that!"

anaheim *

pittsburgh *

san jose *

ny rangers *

detroit *

vancouver *

ottawa *

carolina *

minnesota *

new jersey *

toronto *

dallas *

buffalo *

atlanta *

colorado *

philadelphia

los angeles *

montreal

nashville

boston

calgary

st. louis

tampa bay

chicago

washington

edmonton

florida

pheonix

columbus

ny islanders

note: los angeles makes the playoffs desite having a point or two less than philly.

note: anaheim wins the stanley cup over pittsburgh

Calgary or Minnesota are going to be my two picks... I just have a feeling one or the other is going to implode and we're all going to be standing around going "Holy Crap never expected that!"

Good choice with the Flames. I forgot about the Mike Keenen factor.