• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Favorite Hockey Equipment Brands

Rate this topic

I tend to wear whatever is on sale. Give the choice, I like the Bauer products, but I'm not picky.

For those who have used them, how are the Warrior sticks? When I played lacrosse, I used a lot of Warrior gear and really liked it.

I tend to wear whatever is on sale. Give the choice, I like the Bauer products, but I'm not picky.

For those who have used them, how are the Warrior sticks? When I played lacrosse, I used a lot of Warrior gear and really liked it.

ive got a couple of the warrior sticks and i love them....had no problems with them, and i have broken synergy after synergy so made the switch, and i dont think ill be goin back to anything else anytime soon

and byt the way RBK bought out KOHO not Jofa

RBK actually bought out The Hockey Company, which was CCM, Jofa, Koho and Heaton. (They had already retired the Titan and Canadien stick brands which they also owned.)

ive got a couple of the warrior sticks and i love them....had no problems with them, and i have broken synergy after synergy so made the switch, and i dont think ill be goin back to anything else anytime soon

Thanks. And good to see another Laker :thumbup:

I like Jofa stuff. Had the helmet, shin pads, elbow and shoulder pads for 3 years now, still look and feel good.

Gloves: Muskoka ZR90 (hard to find and REALLY nice)

Stick: RBK 6k with Datsyuk curve (which is actually Jofa)

Pants: some Eastons

Skates: Vapor 15's (probably gonna get the 30's next)

Jofa used to make good stuff, now i guess its RBK

Goalie:

Helmet: I have an Itech Helmet its about 10 years old now, it has definitely held up for the 10 years that I have had it, I have been looking at some new ones, I have been eyeing an Ollie helmet, I have a big head, and heard there masks are very roomie.

Legs/Blocker/Glove TThey are Heaton Helite Z 2 I got an awesome deal on them from Peranis, I really like them, even though they were considered a cheaper pad. I have had no durability or performance problems with them. I play with some people who have really hard shots, rarely get a stinger in the glove.

Chest/Arms Buar Pro Chest, I bought it two years ago, and it had sat around Peranis for a while when I bought it, so again got a steal on it. By a steal I mean $200 but the original tag was $400

Pants Itech 4.8 these were the middle level pants, tried them on side by side with the 9.8s (the pro modell) and preffered the feel of the 4.8

Stick Itech , dont remember the exact model. I used to love the Heaton Helite IV Goal S icks, but cant find them anymore...

Skates: Baur Reactor 3000, I am really happy with them, they are much more comfortable then my CCM goal skates,

Sorry for the type's I am on a laptop that randomly moves the cursor, I have not got the problem corrected yet, so sometimes it moves the cursor when im typing, and I dont always catch it in time...

I hate everything Easton makes. Stick I love the Warrior/innovative.

Jofa for shins elbows, RBK helmet, and whatever gloves you like man.

Skates are the hardest, because they have different foot templetes so you have to find the ones that fit the best. sry.

does anyone know a really durable wood brand?? ive been searching for a good brand to last for a while and havent had much luck. i like sherwoods for their price but being a defensemen i find them spliting in half with shots from the blue line left and right. I just bought an easton classic and im going to give them a whirl. but anyway, does anyone know of a good durable brand of wood stick?

does anyone know a really durable wood brand?? ive been searching for a good brand to last for a while and havent had much luck. i like sherwoods for their price but being a defensemen i find them spliting in half with shots from the blue line left and right. I just bought an easton classic and im going to give them a whirl. but anyway, does anyone know of a good durable brand of wood stick?

Wood? They still make those? Try using a two-piece with a grapite blade. The TPS Rubber shafts are just about unbreakable. They are awesome.

If you really want to use a wood stick, that doesn't weigh 10 pounds, Montreal's are nice.

I played hockey for almost 4 years. And I for one have used PLENTY of different kinds of equipment. But honestly, I can say that out of everything I've used, the most reliable brand seams to be Bauer. CCM is also a reliable brand. Anyone have any preferences? Likes, or dislikes? What do YOU use?

I can't waer Bauer skates, my feet are too wide.

I go CCM all the way, have for 20 years.

Wood? They still make those? Try using a two-piece with a grapite blade. The TPS Rubber shafts are just about unbreakable. They are awesome.

If you really want to use a wood stick, that doesn't weigh 10 pounds, Montreal's are nice.

I love using wood sticks. The other guys with composite always seemed to break theirs before mine.

I'm a goalie.

My favorite sticks are the Sherwood kevlars. Very lightweight, and they have a great curve if you like to play the puck.

My pads are Louisville TPS, and I got those instead of Vaughns. I don't really like the way that Vaughn pads sit when you're in butterfly. I think I much prefer my old Brian's that I had when I was younger though.

My trapper and blocker are Vaughn.

Most of my equipment is based on lack of expenses. I'll use a stick until it's completely splintered and unable to be taped back into shape. Heh.

Oh, and for skates, nothing but Bauer.

I have not had much luck with CCM pants or gloves. Playing at a fairly competitive Midget AAA level, I go through a pair a year. I love the RBK 5K stick, having a lot of luck with it not breaking; but wood sticks, definately the Easton Classic!

I was just introduced to a brand I haven't seen mentioned yet. The Sande brand pants and gloves fit and feel awesome and their stick has a great shot. Jury is still out on the durability, but at this point, I'm pretty much sold.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I play D also. I've been sticking with Sher woods for a number of years now. I haven't experienced the breakage you're talking about though. Personally, i'd go with Sher wood. Don't know why they're breaking on you to be honest.

It takes a real man to be able to carry a wood stick is all I can say. :P

I have a question, do they sell RBK 9KO sticks in the states? (Datsyuk's stick with holes in it).

I've never seen them in pro shops around here and they were listed as "coming soon" on major hockey equipment web stores for a while but now they aren't even listed at all. Did RBK pull the plug on them? Didn't Lang started using that stick towards the end of the year?

Guest DetroitIan

I have a question, do they sell RBK 9KO sticks in the states? (Datsyuk's stick with holes in it).

I want that stick sooooo bad. I will own that stick before the end of the year. Soooo bad ass.

Stick - Easton Synergy SiCore and an original silver Synergy that I've had for like 6 years

Skates - Graf Supra 704

Shin Pads - Itech something or others.....

Pants - CCM

Shoulder Pads - Easton

Elbow Pads - CCM

Gloves - Eagle Proglo

Helmet - Bauer 5000

I like the Bauer stuff

Skates are Bauer Vaper 8 (I still rock the old models)

Helmet - Bauer 3500

Gloves - Louisville TPS Bionic

Stick - Graf KS Stiff

The rest is a mishmash of pads..mostly old CCM stuff. I only play Ball Hockey and Rec League in the winter, so I'm not too concerned with getting all the new stuff these days. I must say though, the only Skates I have ever been disapointed with are CCM's... there is just something about them that i just cant stand. I always go back to the Bauers.

Classic CCM helmet. The Bauers aren't too bad, but I prefer the old-school CCM model that Stevie wore.

Mission pants - very cheap, mobile and you can adjust them to be 1.5" longer which suits my long legs perfectly.

CCM Tacks - the only skate I can wear. I've tried switching to Nike/Bauers but I love the Tack boot.

All other equipment (gloves, elbow pads, shin guards) I don't care. I'll usually find the cheapest of the lot.

Classic CCM helmet. The Bauers aren't too bad, but I prefer the old-school CCM model that Stevie wore.

Mission pants - very cheap, mobile and you can adjust them to be 1.5" longer which suits my long legs perfectly.

CCM Tacks - the only skate I can wear. I've tried switching to Nike/Bauers but I love the Tack boot.

All other equipment (gloves, elbow pads, shin guards) I don't care. I'll usually find the cheapest of the lot.

I have heard the CCM tacks are great skates, but I love Bauer Vapors...

All my pads and my helmet are Bauer as well.

My pants are the weird ones, their Jofa, but comfortable as hell..

all my sticks are Sherwoods ( I always buy the cheap ones since I am such a HACK! :P )