• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 WingPackFan

WingPackFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

I have not had much luck with CCM pants or gloves. Playing at a fairly competitive Midget AAA level, I go through a pair a year. I love the RBK 5K stick, having a lot of luck with it not breaking; but wood sticks, definately the Easton Classic!

I was just introduced to a brand I haven't seen mentioned yet. The Sande brand pants and gloves fit and feel awesome and their stick has a great shot. Jury is still out on the durability, but at this point, I'm pretty much sold.
The trill of a lifetime: Godie Howe kicked my sons' asses.  May 6, 2000.

#42 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(maltbyrocks18 @ July 15, 2007 - 12:53AM) View Post

does anyone know a really durable wood brand?? ive been searching for a good brand to last for a while and havent had much luck. i like sherwoods for their price but being a defensemen i find them spliting in half with shots from the blue line left and right. I just bought an easton classic and im going to give them a whirl. but anyway, does anyone know of a good durable brand of wood stick?

I play D also. I've been sticking with Sher woods for a number of years now. I haven't experienced the breakage you're talking about though. Personally, i'd go with Sher wood. Don't know why they're breaking on you to be honest.

QUOTE(BringHomeTheCup! @ July 15, 2007 - 01:27AM) View Post

Wood? They still make those? Try using a two-piece with a grapite blade. The TPS Rubber shafts are just about unbreakable. They are awesome.

If you really want to use a wood stick, that doesn't weigh 10 pounds, Montreal's are nice.

It takes a real man to be able to carry a wood stick is all I can say. tongue.gif
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#43 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(BeeRYCE @ July 15, 2007 - 10:18AM) View Post

I have a question, do they sell RBK 9KO sticks in the states? (Datsyuk's stick with holes in it).

They have the skates in 9K...I dont know if they have 9KOs though. I dont know too much about Rbk.

#44 kozac

kozac

another soft russian

• PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

I have a question, do they sell RBK 9KO sticks in the states? (Datsyuk's stick with holes in it).

I've never seen them in pro shops around here and they were listed as "coming soon" on major hockey equipment web stores for a while but now they aren't even listed at all. Did RBK pull the plug on them? Didn't Lang started using that stick towards the end of the year?

#45 DetroitIan

DetroitIan

^^^^ The Dark Defender

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

I want that stick sooooo bad. I will own that stick before the end of the year. Soooo bad ass.
What time is it??? IT'S HOMER TIME!!!

Yzerman is God.

LGWer since June '02.

#46 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:35 PM

Mission skates and Pants.

Easton gloves and shoulders.

Jofa shins.

CCM helmet.

Koho wooden stick.

#47 06TJSport

06TJSport

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

Stick - Easton Synergy SiCore and an original silver Synergy that I've had for like 6 years
Skates - Graf Supra 704
Shin Pads - Itech something or others.....
Pants - CCM
Shoulder Pads - Easton
Elbow Pads - CCM
Gloves - Eagle Proglo
Helmet - Bauer 5000

#48 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:07 PM

I like the Bauer stuff

Skates are Bauer Vaper 8 (I still rock the old models)
Helmet - Bauer 3500
Gloves - Louisville TPS Bionic
Stick - Graf KS Stiff

The rest is a mishmash of pads..mostly old CCM stuff. I only play Ball Hockey and Rec League in the winter, so I'm not too concerned with getting all the new stuff these days. I must say though, the only Skates I have ever been disapointed with are CCM's... there is just something about them that i just cant stand. I always go back to the Bauers.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#49 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(GordieSid&Ted @ July 14, 2007 - 02:51PM) View Post

Helmets: I only wear the old style CCM's like Chelios uses. I refuse to wear anything else. Oh yeah, and no visor. Who needs their eyes anyway biggrin.gif

My God somebody else here that's as old as me (maybe even older than me laugh.gif ).

Helmet - "old-school" CCM as well sans face mask/visor...I've got a big noggin; full cage totally obstructs my peripheral vision, & half-shield fogs up waaay too much; took it off, & never looked back.

Skates - had them all; Bauer, CCM, but my all time favorite are once again the "old-school" Graf 703.

Shoulder pads - haven't worn them - don't need them in the limited contact leagues, & pick up games.

Breezers - Tackla 5000 pro, but I actually liked my old CCM 410 better.

Elbows - Numerous brands (Louisville, Graf, CCM), but currently my Easton AIR have served me quite well, & are the best that I've owned.

Shins - IMHO Jofa makes the best; can't remember the model #, but they're of the "pro" line.

Sticks - I too have always liked the wood; Victoraville 9050 Yzerman to be exact thumbup.gif ...Today I use the Easton graphite Lidstrom; they do the job.

Gloves - Have always like Vic, Hespeler, Ferland, & Sherewood - ya know "old-school". Today my Vic 550 are still in great shape.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#50 Hank

Hank

60% of the time it works everytime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

Classic CCM helmet. The Bauers aren't too bad, but I prefer the old-school CCM model that Stevie wore.
Mission pants - very cheap, mobile and you can adjust them to be 1.5" longer which suits my long legs perfectly.
CCM Tacks - the only skate I can wear. I've tried switching to Nike/Bauers but I love the Tack boot.

All other equipment (gloves, elbow pads, shin guards) I don't care. I'll usually find the cheapest of the lot.

#51 Winged Scooter

Winged Scooter

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(Hank @ July 16, 2007 - 09:30AM) View Post

Classic CCM helmet. The Bauers aren't too bad, but I prefer the old-school CCM model that Stevie wore.
Mission pants - very cheap, mobile and you can adjust them to be 1.5" longer which suits my long legs perfectly.
CCM Tacks - the only skate I can wear. I've tried switching to Nike/Bauers but I love the Tack boot.

All other equipment (gloves, elbow pads, shin guards) I don't care. I'll usually find the cheapest of the lot.

I have heard the CCM tacks are great skates, but I love Bauer Vapors...
All my pads and my helmet are Bauer as well.
My pants are the weird ones, their Jofa, but comfortable as hell..
all my sticks are Sherwoods ( I always buy the cheap ones since I am such a HACK! tongue.gif )
"Aw, you cheap sonofab@#$h. Are you crazy? Those guys are RETARDS!!" -- Reggie Dunlop
"I got a good deal on those boys, scout said they showed a lot of promise." -- Joe McGrath
"They brought their F$%&@*# TOYS with them!!" -- RD
"Well, I'd rather have them playing with their toys, than playing with themselves." -- JM

#52 Hank

Hank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(Winged Scooter @ July 16, 2007 - 09:38AM) View Post

I have heard the CCM tacks are great skates, but I love Bauer Vapors...
All my pads and my helmet are Bauer as well.
My pants are the weird ones, their Jofa, but comfortable as hell..
all my sticks are Sherwoods ( I always buy the cheap ones since I am such a HACK! tongue.gif )

I've heard that the Jofa pants are pretty good too. Are they longer than most other brands?
I tried every brand of pant you can think of but all of them were too short on my long legs. My wife used to laugh saying they looked like biking shorts. So that's why I went with the Mission pants as I could adjust them to be 1.5" longer.
I know that Tacks make a model for taller people but they're so freakin' expensive.

#53 Winged Scooter

Winged Scooter

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(Hank @ July 16, 2007 - 10:19AM) View Post

I've heard that the Jofa pants are pretty good too. Are they longer than most other brands?
I tried every brand of pant you can think of but all of them were too short on my long legs. My wife used to laugh saying they looked like biking shorts. So that's why I went with the Mission pants as I could adjust them to be 1.5" longer.
I know that Tacks make a model for taller people but they're so freakin' expensive.

Yep, the Jofa pants are definetly longer, ( and cheaper from what I've heard , I paid 35$ for mine, and I've had them going on 3-4 years now...)
"Aw, you cheap sonofab@#$h. Are you crazy? Those guys are RETARDS!!" -- Reggie Dunlop
"I got a good deal on those boys, scout said they showed a lot of promise." -- Joe McGrath
"They brought their F$%&@*# TOYS with them!!" -- RD
"Well, I'd rather have them playing with their toys, than playing with themselves." -- JM

#54 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

I just picked up a pro stock Easton Stealth, Gaborik pattern. How PLEASING!

#55 JKEITH81

JKEITH81

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

Graf 704's, jofa 5090 elbows and shinnys, bauer 4000 bucket w/ jofa cheese grater, some pre-historic winwell shouldys. I've got some pro model Bauer pants from the University of Denver( brand new on ebay for $9.99!) Easton twigs. Easton Synergy 1100 mits. Not to derail the thread But has anyone tried the Heatley Easton pattern? If so did you like it?

Edited by JKEITH81, 17 July 2007 - 08:13 AM.

"Fu#$ing machine took my quarter"

#56 Hank

Hank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(Winged Scooter @ July 16, 2007 - 11:42AM) View Post

Yep, the Jofa pants are definetly longer, ( and cheaper from what I've heard , I paid 35$ for mine, and I've had them going on 3-4 years now...)

Thanks Scooter! I really wish I could have found a pair of Jofa's in my area. I believe they were bought out by Reebok so none of the local shops carry the classic Jofa pant.

The Missions are still nice, but I would have preferred the 'barrel' look.