• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DreamsofHope

A Team To Follow

Rate this topic

Guys, I need a favor. I am a loyal Redwings fan and always will be. They are my number one team and that will never change. But I also have a dedication to the sport of hockey.

Basically, I need another team to follow, as well as the Redwings. The Redwings aren't always playing, and I want to branch out of just watching Redwings games.

So my question is, what team should I follow? And more importantly, why?

A team in the East would be nice, so I don't have to worry about them vs. the wings as much. The Wings offer a lot, with their history, their class as an organization, their stars (Dats, Zets, Lids), and even their lives outside of hockey. Is there another organization like this? Who do you guys watch? Would I be better off just watching good matchups and games, throughout the year?

I just want to be a better hockey fan and branch out a little bit, so please help me out here.

Guest DetroitIan

There are so many fun teams to watch out there. I actually really enjoy Kings games. Even though they did suck last season. They were just a fun team to watch. I also like watching the Rangers. The Thrashers are a fun team to watch as well. But honestly. You should go check out different teams rosters. Then decide what team suits you best. I cant WAIT for October. Cause Im definitely getting NHL Center Ice for the 5th consecutive season. That way you can watch whatever team you want, whenever you want! Should be a blast no matter what!

The Sharks :)

I know they aren't an eastern team, but they are classy, in my opinion, and have some excellent players like Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.

And the Sharks are just awesome :D

Edited by SJCheechoo14

Well, speaking for myself I have been an avid follower of the Lightning because the players' hearts are always into every game, night in and night out. The teams I watch require deep passion and the Wings and Lightning have it.

Other mentionables: Senators, Leafs

Guest DetroitIan

The Sharks :)

I know they aren't an eastern team, but they are classy, in my opinion, and have some excellent players like Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.

And the Sharks are just awesome :D

Come on now. Lets not go THAT far. I seem to remember several non-classy occasions from the Sharks during the post-season(and not just the Det Vs. SJ series). I definitely wouldnt call them a bunch of goons or anything. Or a really dirty team. But I definitely wouldnt call them a "classy" team. Not a chance. lol

well, I get all the nhl games at my house and if the wings are not playing I have enjoyed watching sid the kid and the pens

Another really fun team to watch! :clap:

Well, speaking for myself I have been an avid follower of the Lightning because the players' hearts are always into every game, night in and night out. The teams I watch require deep passion and the Wings and Lightning have it.

Other mentionables: Senators, Leafs

Took the teams right out of my mouth. The Sens are such an exciting team. And I ALWAYS enjoy watchin the Maple Leafs. Those are the only 2 Canadian teams I like. :thumbup:

Come on now. Lets not go THAT far. I seem to remember several non-classy occasions from the Sharks during the post-season(and not just the Det Vs. SJ series). I definitely wouldnt call them a bunch of goons or anything. Or a really dirty team. But I definitely wouldnt call them a "classy" team. Not a chance. lol

for the most part i'd call them classy overall if you watch the entire Sharks season, but I was just suggesting it cause during the regular season especially they are fun to watch when they have a good game.

I've decided the Rangers will be my eastern conference team next season. First, I go to school in NY state, so why not? Second, who doesn't love Shanny? Third, they've done some nice things this offseason.

Guest DetroitIan

Why Maple Leafs?

Well, other then the fact that they have the second best jerseys in the league(IMO). They were one of our biggest rivals for such a long time. Such CLASSIC playoff series' throughout the years. Especially during Gordy's era. And they totally have my respect as a franchise. Great hockey tradition. Great fans. And a pretty gritty squad. In fact, besides the Red Wings, they are my favorite original 6 team to watch. :thumbup:

Edited by DetroitIan

aniheim there a classy team

nah but seriously i dont no why but i lik routing for the flames only when there games dont concern detroit probably because of the dion pionef thing

Guest DetroitIan

aniheim there a classy team

nah but seriously i dont no why but i lik routing for the flames only when there games dont concern detroit probably because of the dion pionef thing

lol! :lol:

Guest jaytan

Guys, I need a favor. I am a loyal Redwings fan and always will be. They are my number one team and that will never change. But I also have a dedication to the sport of hockey.

Basically, I need another team to follow, as well as the Redwings. The Redwings aren't always playing, and I want to branch out of just watching Redwings games....

I just want to be a better hockey fan and branch out a little bit, so please help me out here.

You live in Denver? Why not go and check out some Denver Pioneers college hockey games? They're usually very good, and college hockey is really fun to watch (even though the talent level's not the same, the atmosphere can be superior to the NHL).

Plus, you'll get to watch a lot of NHL prospects. The NHL drafts players while they're still in the NCAA, and many of them go a full four years before leaving the try to make the pros.

And this way, you won't have to be a traitor. :D

Edited by jaytan

Personally, I like to watch TB and the Rags.

Other teams that should be fun to watch this year are Philly, the Kings, and if you dont mind rooting for the competition - the sharks.

Then again, if you want to be a bandwagoner and cant think for yourself, then watch the Pens.

Guest DetroitIan

You live in Denver? Why not go and check out some Denver Pioneers college hockey games? They're usually very good, and college hockey is really fun to watch (even though the talent level's not the same, the atmosphere can be superior to the NHL).

Plus, you'll get to watch a lot of NHL prospects. The NHL drafts players while they're still in the NCAA, and many of them go a full four years before leaving the try to make the pros.

Well, If he's anything like me. Then he wouldnt wanna watch a lesser form of hockey. I mean I dont hate College hockey by any means. But when you're craving a great hockey game. Nothing can quench it like some fast-paced, hard hitting, extremely skilled NHL hockey. College hockey is ok and all. But for me, it just doesnt do it for me like the NHL does. Too many broken plays, bad passes, ect. But I will never stop watching the Frozen Four. Especially when UofM and State are up in there.

And this way, you won't have to be a traitor. :D

That's a quality idea, save a few issues. You can't watch them on tv, and I am a poor college student.... so I would be able to see some games yes, but I would not be able to follow the team very well.

That and I am a U of M fan.

But advice taken, I usually go to a few games, and would love to do that this year as well.

Guest DetroitIan

Personally, I like to watch TB and the Rags.

Other teams that should be fun to watch this year are Philly, the Kings, and if you dont mind rooting for the competition - the sharks.

Then again, if you want to be a bandwagoner and cant think for yourself, then watch the Pens.

:lol::lol::lol:

Why Maple Leafs?

A question asked by Leafs fans for the past few (+/- 20) years.

I don't have a good answer why. But - follow the Leafs. Maybe because they remind me of the Dead Things right now. I dunno.

aloha

Guest jaytan

I don't really like the idea of cheering for another NHL team. I mean, when I've lived in or near NHL cities in the past, I'd go to as many games as I could and half-heartedly cheer for the local squad (Wild/Canucks) when Detroit wasn't in town. But I didn't really care about the team. It's just more fun to pick sides when you're watching a game, and it seems pretty dick to pick against the home team if you don't have a good reason to.

If you're just looking to watch as much hockey as you can, why not stick to watching all the games they broadcast in your area and pick sides for a three-hour period at a time. :)

If the Rangers are not playing I like to root for the Panthers. I root for them for 2 reasons. one bieng I was born in south florida, and two I like rooting for a smaler market underdog type team. The Panthers can't go out and afford to sign big name players and spend up to the cap every year, they have a budget to work under, Unlike the Rangers, Wings and some other big time teams. So for me to see a team like the Panthers do well is kinda nice. They also have to be the least hated team in hockey, I mean does anyone here know anyone who absolutly hates the Panthers?