• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Datsyuk and Zetterberg

Rate this topic

Alright so seeing the wings are in need of a 2nd line top 6 forward and are still without one, if the team stands as is today, will Datsyuk and Zetterberg still play on the same line? Or do you think Mike Babcock will put one of them down to play Center on the 2nd line. I was looking at my fantasy hockey team and Datsyuk and Zetterberg both are technically Centers, at least on fantasy there listed as that. Will Zetterberg play left wing on the first line this season again with Holmstrom on the right? Whats everyone think, will the talented line stay together, or will they be broken up to even the talent throughout each line?

Alright so seeing the wings are in need of a 2nd line top 6 forward and are still without one, if the team stands as is today, will Datsyuk and Zetterberg still play on the same line? Or do you think Mike Babcock will put one of them down to play Center on the 2nd line. I was looking at my fantasy hockey team and Datsyuk and Zetterberg both are technically Centers, at least on fantasy there listed as that. Will Zetterberg play left wing on the first line this season again with Holmstrom on the right? Whats everyone think, will the talented line stay together, or will they be broken up to even the talent throughout each line?

I think it depends on the situation. If they need goals in a hurry then they will play togather (Note-last game of the conference finals-3rd period goal frenzy). Mostly, I believe Babcock will split them up so they can have 2 powerful scoring lines. Cleary is awesome when he has someone setting him up. Datsyuk and Zetterburg are great at finding the open guy.

Guest jaytan

They shouldn't and most likely won't be paired together regularly, but I would assume they'd be on the ice together from time to time during special situations.

I think they should play together. We had pretty much the same forward lines to start last season (plus Williams, minus Drake..). Babcock had Datsyuk and Zetterberg on different lines, and it just failed miserably. Both guys were really slumping for the first few months of the season, and as soon as Babcock put them back together, everything just clicked. They just have too much chemistry together to be broken up. We should probably give Filppula a chance to be the #2 center.

I think it depends on the situation. If they need goals in a hurry then they will play togather (Note-last game of the conference finals-3rd period goal frenzy). Mostly, I believe Babcock will split them up so they can have 2 powerful scoring lines. Cleary is awesome when he has someone setting him up. Datsyuk and Zetterburg are great at finding the open guy.

Detroit doesnt have the personnel to have "two powerful scoring lines". It doesnt matter if Zetterberg is centering the line, Cleary-Zetterberg-Sammy is by no means "powerful." IMO, they should work it just like they did the playoffs. Play the hell out of Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homer, and if they arent getting it done, then split em up. But only if its necessary.

For gods sakes, for once give Zetterberg and Datsyuk the chance to be on a line with two other 1st liners. Honestly, when Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom are out there, I dont care if youve got the oppositions 1st pair, or 3rd pair out there - there are simply very few D pairings that can shut them down. I think people forgot how dominant that line was before injuries occured. They were the best line in the NHL. Never underestimate what chemistry can do.

Besides, Babs and Holland have already said they are looking to Filppula to cement the 2nd line. Sounds like a great way to see if guys like Flip, Grigs, Hudler, etc can hold their own and get some ice time.

Guest DetroitIan

IMO its CRUCIAL that we keep Datsyuk and Zetterberg together. There is just an apparent magic those two have together. I would be very disappointed to see them seperated. If it were up to me, they would be on the same line for the rest of their careers(hopefully with both retiring in the winged wheel).

QFT

I like the analogy, but I don't like how that stacks one line and leaves us screwed on another.

Just wait until some team figures out how to shut down the Eurotwin line. That doesn't ensure a win, but it sure helps the opposing coach's cause.

note: Yes, we'd split them up at that point. But why wait? Babs said himself he had them practicing, preparing for having to in the playoffs, and that's good. I'd like to see it regular though and have them both lead their own lines.

Try to spread the wealth initially by splitting them up, unless goals are as bone dry as a desert. I actually liked the Flipper-Datsyuk-Homer combo. PP though, without questions you put Datsyuk and Zetterberg together.

to me this whole discussion hinges on how good Grigorenko ends up being. if he flops then i dont think it makes sense to split them up because then youve just got 2 avg lines instead of one great one. but if he ends up playing well then theres no reason not to spit Z and Pav up......

cleary-datsyuk-homer

franzen-zetterberg-grigorenko

just my opinion, but either way i still think we need another forward :hehe:

Guest jaytan

I'm not really expecting too much of that kid. If he even makes the team, that'll be a pleasant surprise.

to me this whole discussion hinges on how good Grigorenko ends up being.

I know Igor has played in pro leagues for a bit now, but he's probably going to eat fourth line minutes if he makes the team. Aside from that, he's not going to step right into the NHL style (or the Wings' style) and take 2nd line time.

That said though, I'm really looking forward to seeing Grigorenko and if he's what management hopes he can be.

I'm not really expecting too much of that kid. If he even makes the team, that'll be a pleasant surprise.

i agree with you, he probably wont see much beyon the 4th line if he even makes the team. but it seems like some people on this board think hes going to have an immediate impact. it could happen but probably not

If it isn't broke don't screw around with it. In other words, leave Pasha and Henrik together as long as it works. They'll sort out who plays wing and who plays center. The chemistry between them is not something you mess with.