• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaytan

What's your favorite Red Wings memory?

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

Here's mine:

A close runner-up is McCarty's goal in '97 that gave us the first Cup of my life.

Edited by jaytan

Going to my first game 23 years ago... First time parting the red curtains entering into the arena with my dad... I will never forget that night!

this past playoff season i went to game 5 against san jose. greatest game i've been to. Also game 2 against calgary. 2 goals in the first 3 minutes and the place was goin nuts.

Edited by Kreator13

ozzie scoring his goal or steve scoring that dubble ot goal v.s the blues

Both of those are great Ozzie moments for me :)

Damn shame it wasn't a televised game for his goal...

But

The Double OT Shutout he pitched was priceless!

Guest DetroitIan

Honestly, I have WAY too many to actually pick and absolute number 1 favorite. So I'll just throw one out there. The great Steve Yzerman's double OT goal against St. Louis, game 7. I'll never forget that night. I almost hit my head on the ceiling I jumped so high, lol. The best part was Stevie stealing the puck from Gretzky, while he was tryin to pass it to Brett Hull. Then SCORES!!! LOL Awesome memory right there. :thumbup::clap:

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest DetroitIan

Igor Larionovs triple overtime goal against the 'Canes in game 3 of the 2002 Stanley Cup finals. I'm pretty sure I woke the neighbors when that goal was scored. Turned out to be the turning point in the series, too.

Another awesome memory right there! :clap: I'll never forget that night. Which is impressive considering the amount of alcohol consumed that night. lol

Three words: Statue of Liberty

This turned the tide of the series. Wings were facing elimination then Patrick goes showboating and drops the puck.

Nice choice. :clap: Forgotten in all of the moments from Games 6 and 7 was that Dom had back-to-back shutouts. The days of that rivalry bring back some great memories. :)

Can't really say I have that many memories from before this season. :crybaby: I guess it comes with not being able to watch very many live games in Sweden. This season I actually managed to watch most of Detroit's games - esp in the play-offs. Hopefully there'll be more great moments coming for our team!

Guest Crymson

For some reason, game two of the 1998 SCF gets buried amongst other Wings moments. IMO it was one of the best.

See here:

There has been a lot of them over the years. One that stands out in my mind was at Stevie Y's jersey retirement this past January when I saw Vladdie come out on his own with a little bit of help. That brought tears to my eyes.

Another one that I will always remember is Pasha's goal against Marty Turco. I sat there with my jaw hitting the floor and constantly repeating the words "How in the hell did he do that?"

A third was Nick Lidstrom's goal from center ice against Vancouver. That is one game that I can distinctly remember where I was when it happened.

Oh man.. where to start.

Ozzie winning the Cup

Ozzie's save of the year against Sakic in '96

Game 7 against the Avs

Larionov in triple OT

Cleary's penatly shot goal against the Flames

Wings huge comeback win against the Sharks Game 4 of '07

Comeback against the Caps in '98

Hull's 700th career goal. *I was there live and the building was ELECTRIC!*

Everything in 97, 98, and 02

Fischer pummeling the hell outta Hartnell.

And soo many more.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

My favorite memory has to be deep into the playoffs of 98, versing the Coyotes. The Wings were in Phoenix and were playing a tough game. There was a stoppage in play and the whole crowd was cheering, and the camera pans over to one particular spot in the seats where Konstantinov was standing up and waving to the Wings' bench. A couple weeks later we were to win the Stanley Cup and push Vladdy around home ice with the cup on his lap.

Igor Larionovs triple overtime goal against the 'Canes in game 3 of the 2002 Stanley Cup finals. I'm pretty sure I woke the neighbors when that goal was scored. Turned out to be the turning point in the series, too.

I was watching that game with a friend at a restaurant. I was trying to introduce him to hockey. We watched and watched. Ate our food. Watched some more. Had dessert. Watched some more. The restaurant began to close. Then during one of the intermissions we ran back to his house. Watched some more. And while my friend was going to the bathroom, Igor scored. Haha. Kind of funny. Amazing moment though.

For some reason, game two of the 1998 SCF gets buried amongst other Wings moments. IMO it was one of the best.

See here:

I just watched that video. Great game, that was. Man, I miss having Sergei on the team just for watching the way he skates.

There have been so many in recent years, but my favorite would have to be March 26, 1997. While Mccarty/Lemieux , Vernon/Roy, and the other fights were the main event, An overtime goal by Mccarty for the win topped the night off.

Mccarty's game 4 winning goal and Yzerman lifting the cup for the first time are other memories i'll never forget.

Guest jaytan

I was actually in DC during that huge comeback game against the Caps in the '98 Finals. I was watching the game in the hotel's restaurant (sporting a Wings jersey, and apparantly the only Detroit fan around). I took some abuse during the game, but got to have the last laugh in the end! :D

Shanny's EN goal in game 5 of the 2002 SC finals does it for me.

first SC Finals game i ever saw live, as i was at university for the other games and couldn't pick up the channel