99 replies to this topic

#21 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

Told ya I'd have an addition to the family...here it is:

2002 Dodge Stratus R/T, 34k miles...just bought it tonight!

IPB Image

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#22 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:55 PM

2005 Chevy Silverado Pickup

IPB Image

#23 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

UM...

IPB Image

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Make it my ride and I'll be your friend forever. For two forevers, I don't care.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=200126643267

No, it's definitely excitement.

#24 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ July 17, 2007 - 09:23PM) View Post

UM...

IPB Image

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Make it my ride and I'll be your friend forever. For two forevers, I don't care.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=200126643267

laugh.gif did anyone read the FAQs
Q: DOSE IT SHOOT FIRE.
A: No, this is a real car and it does not shoot fire.
Q: DOES THIS CAR REALY TURN INTO BUMBLEBEE THE ROBOT? WILL IT DRIVE ITSELF? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP
A: This car does not transform and will not drive itself. It is a real, drivable car.
Q: dose the car acualy work?
A: Yes this car is real, drivable and street legal.

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#25 Flip-check

Flip-check

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(puckhog419 @ July 18, 2007 - 12:37AM) View Post

laugh.gif did anyone read the FAQs

YES! Hahaha!

"PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP" laugh.gif

#26 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ July 17, 2007 - 09:47PM) View Post

YES! Hahaha!

"PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP" laugh.gif

laugh.gif i love that one. ill got 1-99 with you and i keep the car. you just put down the 99%

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#27 Flip-check

Flip-check

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(puckhog419 @ July 18, 2007 - 12:48AM) View Post

laugh.gif i love that one. ill got 1-99 with you and i keep the car. you just put down the 99%

I'd almost do it just to know an LGWer got to drive Bumblebee tongue.gif

It's so geeky, but I seriously still have an original toy of him from my kid years... the only one who wasn't lost/destroyed/buried in sand and's gone the long haul. I love that bee-otch.

#28 hawkupaloogie

hawkupaloogie

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ July 17, 2007 - 02:55AM) View Post

They won't ever match yours lou, you're our resident (and may no one ever take that away) Kingpun!

I seriously can't express myself about that car above, so I won't try. It is full of love and admiration though--oh, and hawk a loogie? Both of your horses are so cool looking, I love that you have them (and put them up here!)

thanks! i'm really proud of them, especially belle (the one with all the ribbons), so, i try to brag about them as much as i can. i only got hawk in january, and he's been hanging out in a field downstate ever since. hopefully, i can bring him up at the end of summer. i used to ride him years ago, but he hasn't done much since and i'm stoked to retrain him. ok, sorry about the horse talk, back to your regularly scheduled car thread.
IPB Image

#29 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Sting 11 @ July 17, 2007 - 08:50PM) View Post

IPB Image

That is an awesome looking car ! thumbup.gif
Very very nice !!

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#30 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Sting 11 @ July 17, 2007 - 08:50PM) View Post

Congrats Stinger, it's awesome looking, I bet your excited!

This is actually the first car I completely bought on my own and on all my pay/financing. All the other cars that I have driven when I started driving about 10-11 years ago were pass-ons/hand-me-downs.

It took about a day for it to sink in for me, cause it's almost always an expense ordeal, but when you can get the car you want and realize it's yours and you start getting used to driving it, it's an awesome feeling.

I'm loving my 2007 Camry LE so far that I bought on Friday. Despite driving nearly 100 miles on it Saturday running errands and just riding for fun, I am just so jazzed that I've put around 380 - 390 miles on this first tank of gas in it so far, and I still haven't had to fill 'er up yet, and I typically drive around 70 - 75 miles most days to/from work. I still have about 1/4 tank of gas left.

I'm so pumped (no pun intended) that I only have to stop at a gas station once every 1 - 1/2 weeks compared to my previous car, 2002 Ford Explorer Sport, where I usually had to stop twice a week for gas.

#31 Rebel

Rebel

Back to being the Asshole...

• Gold Booster
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

Now this is my kinda thread yowza.gif

Don't have any pics of my mustang handy, but I have a video on youtube of the beast on the dyno:

It's a heavily modified 1998 mustang gt

The pics of the truck were taken off the server the guy uploaded them to, but its a 2006 dodge ram quad cab "night runner" edition

Edited by Rebel, 18 July 2007 - 11:42 PM.

#32 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ July 18, 2007 - 08:27PM) View Post

Congrats Stinger, it's awesome looking, I bet your excited!

I'm pumped. It's a quick car and it should also get me around 25 mpg on average...which is a lot better than my Jeep can do. I should have it in my possession at this time next week. I have no plans for mods except for some new rubber and red painted brake calipers.

Now my goal is to replace my Liberty with a Wrangler of a recent vintage (2004 or newer) while my Liberty still has some value. Wranglers hold their value much better than Liberties, so I'd like to get this done very soon. Good used Wranglers that aren't messed with (and subsequently overpriced) are scarce as hens teeth, though.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#33 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Sting 11 @ July 19, 2007 - 01:06PM) View Post

I'm pumped. It's a quick car and it should also get me around 25 mpg on average...which is a lot better than my Jeep can do. I should have it in my possession at this time next week. I have no plans for mods except for some new rubber and red painted brake calipers.

Now my goal is to replace my Liberty with a Wrangler of a recent vintage (2004 or newer) while my Liberty still has some value. Wranglers hold their value much better than Liberties, so I'd like to get this done very soon. Good used Wranglers that aren't messed with (and subsequently overpriced) are scarce as hens teeth, though.

Nice...

I know you are fond of the big cars/Jeeps, but I abosolutely love this new car. Anywhere from 30 - 34 mpg on a tank that can hold 18.5 gallons of fuel (at least advertised). I filled up the tank today after roughly 440 miles of driving that round. I was pretty siked considering I do a lot of driving. And I probably could've pushed it to around 460, 475 miles if I wanted to.

Much better than the Explorer Sport I used to drive, which probably yield only 20 MPG on a lucky day.

#34 Mychal1216km

Mychal1216km

blades on ice anything goes

• 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

This is my car.....one reason im not really on here much anymore smile.gif

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base

IPB Image

IPB Image

If ya want more pics to see click here

I liked that Chevy Silverado

Edited by Mychal1216km, 19 July 2007 - 10:26 PM.

#35 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(Mychal1216km @ July 19, 2007 - 11:21PM) View Post
This is my car.....one reason im not really on here much anymore smile.gif

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base

I liked that Chevy Silverado

Very nice car! I always loved those cars and their Dodge Stealth cousins...unfortunately they were just a little before my time, and I don't want to put the time and money into a high mileage one right now.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#36 Flip-check

Flip-check

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(Mychal1216km @ July 19, 2007 - 11:21PM) View Post

This is my car.....one reason im not really on here much anymore smile.gif 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base

Sharp ride! I love that car, my dream vehicle is a dodge Stealth, it's just such a killer design. I'd pick it (and this Mitsubishi) over any of the new "I'm 50 and trying to regain my lost youth" overpriced sports cars any day

This is just beautiful though, how long've you had it for?

QUOTE(hawkupaloogie @ July 18, 2007 - 12:56AM) View Post

thanks! i'm really proud of them, especially belle (the one with all the ribbons), so, i try to brag about them as much as i can. i only got hawk in january, and he's been hanging out in a field downstate ever since. hopefully, i can bring him up at the end of summer. i used to ride him years ago, but he hasn't done much since and i'm stoked to retrain him.

hahaha, horse vacation... tongue.gif I bet he's stoked to get off his butt again too.

#37 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ July 19, 2007 - 10:17PM) View Post

Much better than the Explorer Sport I used to drive, which probably yield only 20 MPG on a lucky day.

Liberty gets 17 on a lucky day. I'll probably get more or less the same in a Wrangler (probably a little less with an old TJ, probably a little more with a new JK). Gas prices and potential future shortages worry me, but automobiles are a hobby and passion of mine and I hate to base my decisions on mileage alone. It's just hard as hell right now to find a used Wrangler that has low enough miles to justify the incredible prices they are going for...it might actually make more economic sense to get a new one... crazy.gif

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#38 Mychal1216km

Mychal1216km

blades on ice anything goes

• 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ July 19, 2007 - 11:57PM) View Post

Sharp ride! I love that car, my dream vehicle is a dodge Stealth, it's just such a killer design. I'd pick it (and this Mitsubishi) over any of the new "I'm 50 and trying to regain my lost youth" overpriced sports cars any day

This is just beautiful though, how long've you had it for?

Thanks laugh.gif its my babie

I bought it about 2 months ago, amazing ride..well for a 17 year old.
Sadly it isnt a VR-4, the twin turbos are amazing..320 hp stock. I only get around 220hp.

#39 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE(Mychal1216km @ July 19, 2007 - 11:09PM) View Post

I only get around 220hp.

Only ??? smile.gif

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#40 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE(Sting 11 @ July 19, 2007 - 11:04PM) View Post

Liberty gets 17 on a lucky day. I'll probably get more or less the same in a Wrangler (probably a little less with an old TJ, probably a little more with a new JK). Gas prices and potential future shortages worry me, but automobiles are a hobby and passion of mine and I hate to base my decisions on mileage alone. It's just hard as hell right now to find a used Wrangler that has low enough miles to justify the incredible prices they are going for...it might actually make more economic sense to get a new one... crazy.gif

I started driving the Exploer Sport in 2002 when I still in college, and I went to college in another state, so it made sense to have a larger car when I had to lug crap everywhere whenever I had to come too/from home. The car became too reliable for me too quick though. I logged just over 90,000 miles on it in just 4 1/2 years. I almost bought a Toyota Corolla due to very good gas mileage (40 mpg potential, just over a 13 gallon tank of gas), but I decided to spend a few extra thousand dollars for a Camry. I think the gas mileage is pretty even b/c of the larger tank, and it's a slightly nicer Toyota model so I tihnk I could get more value for it whenenver I'm ready to sell/trade it (which won't be for a LONG TIME cause I love it right now laugh.gif). I don't need a big car now b/c while I drive a good bit, I don't travel outside the region that much other than vacation, not moving soon, not constantly lugging stuff around, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users