Tony Amonte

Alex Auld

Curtis Joseph

David Aebischer

Ed Belfour

Jussi Markkanen

Sean Burke

Ty Conklin

I think Peter Forsberg is going to play in Sweden and Teemu Selanne will retire.

Amonte, Allison, Lindros and Yashin will not get signed.

Same goes for Conklin and probably Sean Burke.

I really really hope there's a team out there willing to give Mac another shot. He deserves it.

What do you think ?

In a related article...I've quoted a few guys that I think people in here might be interested in. Haven't really thought or don't have time to understand or consider fitting people under the cap, I'll leave that up to everyone else in here.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/10255974

Markov...wouldn't mind re-signing him

Danny Markov, D: Sheldon Souray became the last of the high-profile defensemen available this summer when he joined Edmonton on Thursday, but Markov is a good bet for teams looking for a solid second-unit guy. Markov can move the puck and is a physical force in his own end, although he tends to get injured often as a result. He'll be 31 when the season starts and Markov made $2.5 million last season with Detroit.

Andy Sutton...don't know much of him but he has SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should make at least 90% of the LGW community bounce up and down with joy! *jumps up and down like excited 10-year old*

/sarcasm

Andy Sutton, D: He's flown under the radar by playing in Atlanta for the last five seasons, but Sutton is an effective, top-four defenseman who adds a lot of size to the back end. Sutton is a good shutdown type who has been around the NHL for eight seasons, and he shoots the puck well from the point. He made $1.9 million last season.

Brent Sopel...

Brent Sopel, D: The Canucks have stockpiled defensemen, which makes Sopel, who finished the season in Vancouver -- where he began his career in 1998 -- expendable. Sopel is prone to mistakes in his own end, but has a great shot from the point and can play a physical type of game. He should be a top-four defenseman on most teams, and he made $2.4 million last season.

Would absolutely love to have Gelinas here in a limited capacity as quoted. He was a thorn on the Wings side for Calgary when they eliminated the Wings in 2004, he scored big goals in Carolina's playoff run in 2002.

Martin Gelinas, LW: The cliché giving it "110 percent" was invented for guys like him. Gelinas is 37 and has been around for 18 years, but he spent the last two seasons in a demoralizing environment with the Florida Panthers playing each night like he was in the Stanley Cup Finals. He's a third-line guy, basically, but Gelinas can handle a variety of roles well and won't cost more than a $1 million a season.

Would absolutely love to have Gelinas here in a limited capacity as quoted. He was a thorn on the Wings side for Calgary when they eliminated the Wings in 2004, he scored big goals in Carolina's playoff run in 2002.

I like Gelinas. Not exactly the signing that is extremely necessary for the Wings right now. But he works hard and might be able to take some pressure of our young ones. Hopefully his attitude can rub off.

Markov...wouldn't mind re-signing him

Depends on the money and length of contract...I like the guy tho and wouldn't mind seeing him back. When he isn't injured he brings stability.

Andy Sutton...don't know much of him but he has SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should make at least 90% of the LGW community bounce up and down with joy! *jumps up and down like excited 10-year old*

/sarcasm

His size wouldn't be too bad and he could contribute. Again contract size and length is a key issue.

Brent Sopel...

This guy I would like as our PP is lacking in point-men. Having Samuelson only is...scary...

This guy I would like as our PP is lacking in point-men. Having Samuelson only is...scary...

Sopel, I would like too !

I also wouldn't say no to Peca and / or O'Neill for a reasonable price.

(< 2 mill)

Sopel, I would like too !

I also wouldn't say no to Peca and / or O'Neill for a reasonable price.

(< 2 mill)

Definitely. Esp O'Neill could do surprisingly well. Out of the people left there are some real misfits. Also a couple of injury plagued people that if healthy could do really well. But as soon as I see Anson Carter :crazy: .

Niinimaa will be heading back to Europe. Don't believe the rumors Eklund made about him coming here. He isn't exactly what the Wings need at this point, and his game has been in sharp decline.

I'm most interested in O'Neill. A gritty, scoring, right handed winger makes perfect sense for the Wings. Obviously his game has been on the decline due to the death of his brother, and he has that fear of flying, but I'd still love to see him here. He's exactly what the Wings need.

Here are the other names that interest me: Martin Gelinas, Adam Hall, Eric Lindros (for a cheap, incentive laden contract), Mike Peca, Jeff Friesen, and Josef Vasicek. All of these guys are perfectly capable top 6 forwards (Hall is a bit iffy, but he can still score 15-20 goals), and would fit nicely here.

As for defenseman, Andy Sutton is the only name that truly interests me. That, or re-sign Markov to an accetable deal, and not what he's asking for now.

Whatever happened to Niinimaa? Seemed like 4, or 5 years ago when he was with the Oilers he was a legit #3 Dman; time must've taken it's toll on poor Janne since now he's not wanted.

Dunno about Sopel; has been bounced around alot for 1 reason or another...O'Neill might be a dark horse - however if the rumors are true about having a fear of flying; well that won't do since the Wings fly alot.

he hasn't been the same since his brother died as well. Honestly i think he's done. He requested a trade to Toronto to be near family and to play infront fo home town fans. That didn't help the guy, i don't know what would.