• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

The 2nd Line Dilemna

Rate this topic

How many of you are worried about our 2nd line for next season?

Is it time to let the kids play, or is it time to aggressively get that "Top 6 forward" that Holland and Dellevano have been referring to and piece something else together?

I thought Flip showed flashes of brilliance in the playoffs, and many of you here were complaining about Huds not getting any playoff ice time.

How many of you are worried about our 2nd line for next season?

Is it time to let the kids play, or is it time to aggressively get that "Top 6 forward" that Holland and Dellevano have been referring to and piece something else together?

I thought Flip showed flashes of brilliance in the playoffs, and many of you here were complaining about Huds not getting any playoff ice time.

Seeing as Zetterberg will be centering our 2nd line, I'm not worried at all.

Kenny Holland and Ken Daniels have both been on XM Home Ice 204 the last week and both have said that Zetts and Dats will be playing centre for the majority of the season.

I think Hudler, Flip and even Grigs will round out the wingers on the top 2 lines. We'll be fine.

I'm not worried at all.

It is time to let the kids play unless Kenny can pull off a monster trade,remaining UFA's pretty much suck or they aren't 2nd line players.

i say give Jiri and Val a shot.

Hudler - Z - Filppula

EDIT: post above

:thumbup:

I'm not worried at all.

It is time to let the kids play unless Kenny can pull off a monster trade,remaining UFA's pretty much suck or they aren't 2nd line players.

Agreed. I would like to have a healthy Forsberg center our 2nd line but yeah that will NEVER happen...

Top line?

This would solely depend on what Grigs does, but I would suspect this is what our top 2 lines would look like:

Homer-Zetts-Sammy

Filpulla-Dats-Grigs

Homer, Sammy, Flip, Grigs and Hudler will probably be our top 5 wingers.

But expect Babcock to juggle in Franzen and Cleary in there as well from time to time.

with our current roster.

id roll these lines

Cleary(06-07 his breakout season?) - Dats - Homer

Hudler - Z - Val

Grigs?? - draper - sammy

Maltby - Franzen - Drake

Edited by kylee

I think that a top 6 forward will be signed or traded for before the season starts. I don't know who, or have any inside info this is just my opinion.

If not then I would like to see these lines

Sammy - Z - Homer

Hudler - Dats - Flip (I highly doubt Babs will give Huds that kind of minutes though)

Cleary - Franzen - Drake (talk about an energy line)

Maltby - Draper - Grigs (let grigs start the season with the vets, checking and working hard, then if he shows the stuff to be a top 6 guy, move him up and Sammy down)

Cleary-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler

Sammy-Filpula-Grigerenko

Maltby-Draper-Drake

Not totally bad , Zetterberg and Datsyuk should be together. Nither will have Crosby like seasons unless there with each other.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Cleary-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Datsyuk-Filpula

Sammy-Hudler-Grigerenko

Maltby-Draper-Drake

Not totally bad , Zetterberg and Datsyuk should be together. Nither will have Crosby like seasons unless there with each other.

Not too bad.

I just think if Hudler is going to stick with this team he needs top six minutes. Think about it. He's all offence. Put him on the 2nd line for his shot, let Zetterberg cover his ass, send Franzen in to the corners to get the puck, and then to the net for rebounds.

Not too bad.

I just think if Hudler is going to stick with this team he needs top six minutes. Think about it. He's all offence. Put him on the 2nd line for his shot, let Zetterberg cover his ass, send Franzen in to the corners to get the puck, and then to the net for rebounds.

Thats true , if were gonna get Hudler scoring his infamous 30 goals this season , its gotta be with Hank centering him.

I don't get why everyone has Datsyuk and Zetterberg broken up. Remember how awful they both were at the start of the season last year when not playing together?

Personally I think the 2nd line sucks. Unless Hudler becomes the next Cliff Ronning (a very successful small forward in the NHL for those who don't know), he isn't going to make it in this league.

I don't get why everyone has Datsyuk and Zetterberg broken up. Remember how awful they both were at the start of the season last year when not playing together?

Remember how good they looked the few games at the end of the playoffs split up?

I want them split up mainly because this team doesn't have the talent to cover 4 lines with them together.

The wings would have 1 powerful line and 3 checking/4th lines.

If Babs splits them up the wings then have 2 very solid lines and two checking/fourth lines.

i say give Jiri and Val a shot.

Hudler - Z - Filppula

EDIT: post above

I'd rather stick Filppula with Datsyuk given the chemistry those two seem to have. Grigs might play well with Dats too if they've played together in the past (not sure they have, given the age gap).

So:

Cleary - Z - Holmer

Filp - Dats - Grigs

Although it might be nice to spread the grit out between the top two lines, having Cleary and Holmer with Z is gritastic.

Remember how good they looked the few games at the end of the playoffs split up?

Remember how good they looked together in the thrid period of game six versus the Ducks?

Unless Hudler becomes the next Cliff Ronning (a very successful small forward in the NHL for those who don't know), he isn't going to make it in this league.

Yeah, just look at the crap we see playing with heights of 5' 10 or smaller:

Daniel Briere

Chris Drury

Martin Straka

Sean Avery

Slava Kozlov

Marc Savard

Derek Roy

Ray Whitney

Patrick Kane

Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Saku Koivu

Steve Sullivan

Brian Gionta

Mike Comrie

Kimmo Timonen

Mark Recchi

Paul Kariya

Martin St. Louis

Jason Blake

*all heights from tsn.ca

Yeah it's harder when you're little, but there are some fine players with small statures. It usually takes them a bit longer to break out, but it's not impossible. Especially when you consider how Huds played with the ice time he had last season.

This aint the playoffs though, there better together then apart. Who needs a 2nd line when your top line is Z-D-H , they all can score 30+ goals if there healthy and alot of points.

Yeah, just look at the crap we see playing with heights of 5' 10 or smaller:

Daniel Briere

Chris Drury

Martin Straka

Sean Avery

Slava Kozlov

Marc Savard

Derek Roy

Ray Whitney

Patrick Kane

Pierre-Marc Bouchard

Saku Koivu

Steve Sullivan

Brian Gionta

Mike Comrie

Kimmo Timonen

Mark Recchi

Paul Kariya

Martin St. Louis

Jason Blake

*all heights from tsn.ca

Yeah it's harder when you're little, but there are some fine players with small statures. It usually takes them a bit longer to break out, but it's not impossible. Especially when you consider how Huds played with the ice time he had last season.

I seriously hate it when people do this. Yes, let's compare Hudler to a list which features current all-star players, and potential HOF's.

I seriously hate it when people do this. Yes, let's compare Hudler to a list which features current all-star players, and potential HOF's.

Add in that all of those players are 10x the player Hudler is , which makes the arguement foolish.

What does that have to do with anything? He's still much better then Hudler.

how about the fact that some people don't come into their own until late...ur sig of cleary should show that you understand this...