• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Holland's only mistake?

Rate this topic

That would have been nice wouldn't, because now there is no way Markov will sign for less than 3.5mil. He is asking for 4 mil I read, I have no idea what kind of length he is looking for but I bet it is atleast 3 years.

if no one shows interest in Markov's ridiculous demands for money, do we think he will get "desperate" enough to sign for less, to wear a Wings jersey again? Kenny will never agree to 2-3 years or the price, I am thinking.

I like Danny and that little edge he brought to the ice, but we can do without him, I guess. :(

Wouldve been nice , but Kenny wanted a yr 1 deal with whatever defenceman he was going to sign. Add in the hockey world thought Markov was injury prone last year and he didnt want to risk a long term deal.

For 2.5 I would bring him back. I really hope he drops his demands

you know what i'm curious of? why no one has offered Ossi Vannennen a contract. He's a young kid, hits hard and plays a decent positional game. Surly he could be had for less than a million.

you know what i'm curious of? why no one has offered Ossi Vannennen a contract. He's a young kid, hits hard and plays a decent positional game. Surly he could be had for less than a million.

He's looking for 2-3 million from what I've heard. He's prone to making mistakes in the defensive zones , and fits the bill of "big dumb defenceman". Avs fans wanted him gone for a reason :P

He's looking for 2-3 million from what I've heard. He's prone to making mistakes in the defensive zones , and fits the bill of "big dumb defenceman". Avs fans wanted him gone for a reason :P

Vaananen was a +6 on a non-playoff team last year. Obviously he was doing something right. He isn't that bad in the defensive zone as much as people say.

His only problem is he's a bad skater. That, and has no offensive ability at all.

Guest Crymson

I think Markov can be replaced by somebody better. He's not remarkably physical, he hasn't got much going on offense (except that stickhandling-fest we saw in game six at Anaheim--wtf was that?), he makes some fairly frequent mistakes in the defensive zone, and he's injury-prone.

He's nothing special.

I'm not sure that its Markov per se that is asking for this outlandish increase in salary.

Does anyone know if he has the same adent as Alexei Yashin? I mean, that guy is the king of overpricing.

Agents do what their clients want. It's not like Markov is telling his agent to take the Wings deal and the agent is refusing. I always laughed when Datsyuk's agent got all the blame for the contract demands, and Datsyuk got none.

Yes, the agent can tell the player, "I think we can get X on the open market," but at the end of the day, the agent works for the player and not the other way around.

Are his demands that ridiculous.. Kevin Bieksa just got 3.6 a year in Vancouver and I love Bieksa's game and he is younger but Markov has to be somewhere in that ballpark. He is a good steady hard nosed d-man and saying that he is only that good because he plays with Lids is silly..what is he supposed to do decline pairing up with him. Many players careers are improved by playing with better players!!

I'm not sure how not giving Markov a two-year deal last summer is a mistake. It wasn't like Danny was highly sought, or had a tremendous career prior to coming to Detroit. If Holland signs Markov to a two-year deal and he performs poorly last season, everyone would rip him endlessly. I don't think anybody expected for Markov to have as solid of a season as he had.

If the Red Wings can sign Markov for a decent price, then I would have no problem seeing him return. However, I don't think it will hurt the Red Wings that much if he decides to leave. Remember Markov played with Lidstrom most of the time. Not to take away from Markov, but Lidstrom can make other guys look really good.

I guess this is just another desperate attempt to pick at Holland's so-called failures. The guy can't catch a break for any move he makes or doesn't make around here. Markov didn't deserve a two-year contract last summer. Hindsight makes it easier now to say that he did.

Edited by GoWings1905