• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DreamsofHope

Best Games of 07-08

Rate this topic

So as some of you might already know, I am seeking to expand my enjoyment of hockey. I started another thread called A Team To Follow, in hopes to learn more about hockey in following a team along with the Red Wings.

My first question is, what are some ways you expand your knowledge and enjoyment of hockey, beyond the red wings?

My second question is, if you had to make a list of must see games this year, what would they be and WHY?

ESPN just made a list that included Ducks vs. Ottawa, Avs vs. Oilers, etc. etc.

Without knowing what will develop this year, what are some must see games?

Thanks!!! Hopefully this helps my persuit of developing an enjoyment for the game beyond just the Wings. Even though I will always love the wings the most.

Edited by DreamsofHope

First question answer... don't stick to just the NHL. The minor/local leagues have things to offer as well and help expand you hockey understanding.

Second questions answer... any game I can as long as I can stand the teams. Most games involving teams from Philly to Boston tend to be entertaining.

Why do the Sens and Kings hate eachother?

they had a massive brawl in 2001...LA got incredibly pissed at something and they all went after the Ottawa players. Even felix fought...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bl8xUjf_WAw

i don';t think they'res been a game since without at least 2 or 3 fights breaking out

oh..and the thing with Jim fox (Kings FSN color guy and Brian Murray

Edited by Cicada

I don't think a brawl in 2001 would cause a 6-7 year feud.

The best game of 06/07 was probably Montreal vs Pittsburgh... Maybe keep an eye out when them two play. However with Montreal being weaker and Pittsburgh being stronger, I don't know.

I don't think a brawl in 2001 would cause a 6-7 year feud.

normally it would't, but it's carried on...the following year there was another big brawl, and they'res been pretty much constant fights ever since.

The best game of 06/07 was probably Montreal vs Pittsburgh... Maybe keep an eye out when them two play. However with Montreal being weaker and Pittsburgh being stronger, I don't know.

yes, one of those games was superb, when Crosby got speared right off the face off, and on the next one slew footed the guy back

Senators vs Kings...they HATE each other and you'll guarantee a brawl breaking out

Senators vs Sabres will also be "mucho violencia"

and I have Sens season tickets, what could be better? Oh yeah, THE WINGS ARE COMIN TO TOWN! I am so pumped for that one, the last time I saw the Wings play live was against the Sens 4 years ago. I will be represented the Red and White :cool:

And, I was at the brawl 2 years ago that they had (Sens vs. Kings), it was INTENSE. Avery kicked Haseks helmet of in a scrum and everyone was cheap shottin' and brawlin'. It was awsome, and at the end of the game the Kings were trtin' to run Hasek, so Murray pulls him and puts in the beast Emery, and yeah, no one touched him. And thew best part was, my seats were 5 rows directly behind the Sens net.

Edited by Zetter is Better