• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

scotzman

D-Mac

Rate this topic

can we please ask holland to once and for all stop bringing back old, washed up, useless talent to this team. if we're going to go down, at least let someone young and hungry play, not a guy who will gamble and drink his way out of the lineup.

IF WE COULD GET BIG MAC FOR LEAGUE MINN. I SAY TAKE HIM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED SOMEONE WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO THROW DOWN. ESP. NOW THAT BERT IS GONE.

I cannot stand this 'we need to replace big Bert' stuff. People just don't seem to get one thing: BERTUZZI DID NOTHING IN A WINGED WHEEL. HE WAS LESS EFFECTIVE THAN LANG.

And that goes hand in hand with another thing: COMING BACK TO DETROIT WON'T MAKE MCCARTY THE PLAYER HE WAS SEVEN YEARS AGO. THAT PLAYER NOW PLAYS FOR OTTAWA, AND HIS NAME IS CHRIS NEIL.

Where did I ever say to bring him back?

Its not what you said, its what some people are trying to turn it into.

IF WE COULD GET BIG MAC FOR LEAGUE MINN. I SAY TAKE HIM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED SOMEONE WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO THROW DOWN. ESP. NOW THAT BERT IS GONE.

News flash, D-Mac cant fight for s*** anymore. He's past his prime and has been for a while.

I would take him for a similar price and role as Drake, he could add some grit, (depending on his back) would be a good insurance policy for the kids, and has been known to score some timely goals in the post season. Not to mention he drops the gloves.

These are all good points.

The only way I think Detroit should even consider signing him is if D-Mac agreed to the league minimum and a 2-way contract. He would be used strictly for depth. But at this point, I'm not sure who he can beat out in our lineup. I'd rather have players like Kopecky or Ellis play in front of him.

Actually, if we were even contiplating getting D-Mac back, I'd rather look at players like Chris Simon. There's a lot of other players available out there that can do exactly what Mac does only better and more reliable physically.

Heck, I'm sure Roenick would take the league minimum to play on our team. He doesn't drop the gloves but he's way faster than Mac, still likes to hit and can play both centre and RW.

My biggest concern with bringing Mac back into the fold is his connection with Grinder. It's been documented what a bunch of losers and drug addicts that band is. From Draper to Holland to Bowman, lots of guys in the Wings organization begged him to quit that band for the sake of his career and health. But he refused and was quickly let go. If he's still heavy into this 'rocker' lifestyle, then I'd pass at any price. But if his focus is 100% on the Wings and he agrees to a league minimum, 2-way contract, I wouldn't mind taking him back.

Once again, my s/n is Never Forget Mac #25 for a reason. While I love the guy, he isn't what the Red Wings need. With his constant injury bug and decline in play (including his edge to an extent) it won't help this current Wings team.

I love you Mac, and will never forget what you did for this team. Best of luck, and here's hoping you catch on somewhere else, and jumpstart your career again.

Eh, while I agree the Wings should probably look elsewhere, I wouldn't be up in arms if they signed him to a min. contract. Could be a good thing to toughen up some of the young guys, kinda like he did with Fisch. At any rate, I'd take Dmac over Big E anyday.

I love D mac as much as anyone else but his time has come and gone in Detroit. Don't get me wrong if they sign him i will cheer for him, i just don't think we need him

If Mac can get his game back to where it was. I would take him back in a heartbeat. I love McCarty. And I always will. To me, he will always be a Red Wing at heart. But I dont want him to be a liability either. So if he can play and throw that body around without being put on the IR. I would LOVE to have number 25 back in the winged wheel.

right on brother!

i cant help it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vbtMU0h5gXY

id be SO pumped if he actually signed here.

My biggest concern with bringing Mac back into the fold is his connection with Grinder. It's been documented what a bunch of losers and drug addicts that band is. From Draper to Holland to Bowman, lots of guys in the Wings organization begged him to quit that band for the sake of his career and health. But he refused and was quickly let go. If he's still heavy into this 'rocker' lifestyle, then I'd pass at any price. But if his focus is 100% on the Wings and he agrees to a league minimum, 2-way contract, I wouldn't mind taking him back.

That I did not know... very sad. No matter where he ends up, I wish he could get his life together. He was a great team guy back in the day and I would love for him to get rid of those demons.

We just got Drake, to go out and get Dmac back would be quite redundant.

right on brother!

i cant help it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vbtMU0h5gXY

id be SO pumped if he actually signed here.

This makes the rumors about us possibly signing Niinimaa quite laughable.... Haha. DMac made him look like the biggest ***** ever.

It also says were interested in Niinama and Ekman , so I wouldnt beleive it. I would take Mac back though, even as a 14th forward.

It Also says Peter Foreskin as well. I'd quit watching Hockey if that Dick Bag wound up on our team.

No thank you. There is no point in signing McCarty. I'm not sure another depth forward is necessary at all at this point. Signing Drake virtually fills the same role that McCarty would take. As much as people say Drake has slowed down, Mac is even a step worse. The memories Mac brought to the Red Wings will always be remembered, but unfortunately nostalgia does not win championships.

Mac or Drake? If we're throwing around half a million dollars, i'd take D-Mac. It has nothing to do with the fact he use to play here, but more because you know what he brings and he's every bit what Drake is suppose to be and then some.

The only thing I can see is giving him a chance at camp, so he can get a job with another team. McCarty hasn't been able to stay healthy, and we Drake kind of takes his role.

We really need to give the kids on the NHL club and in our system a chance. The Wings and the NHL are in a youth movement, and we really need to see what they can do.

Youth Movement??

You just pointed out that we got Old Fart Drake! If those young guys were getting the ice time I'd say yes but they don't. They just fill the back up rolls. Yes we have one or two newer guys in there. That doesn't constitute a youth movement.

He is different kind of player with Detroit. But can he control himself off the ice?

The guy had to sell his CUP Rings! That would straighten my s*** out in a hurry.

We need guys like him. Every one complained about Drake now you all Complain about Mac (OK not every one but......) If you want a HARD ASS but don't want to pay too much thats what you'll get. Don't expect to find a gritty glove dropper that can score and skate too for the amount of CAP we have left.

YES Mac would make a better WWE Wrestler than a Hockey player, but maybe thats what we need.

That said I wouldn't Pay much more than Drake is making. Which is probably why he hasn't been signed yet. He wants big bucks. He's been overpaid his whole career.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Not even for minimum he is not needed. On a side note, when did you move out to Burlington?

DMAC used to go through a wall for his team. But now his body is unable to pay that price no longer. If he were healthy, you bet bring him back. But he is not. Holland needs to focus on getting that elusive 2nd line forward. Just who that is or WHEN that is, we don't know. But we have the Cap space and plenty of time to do that. So no need to panic.

This makes the rumors about us possibly signing Niinimaa quite laughable.... Haha. DMac made him look like the biggest ***** ever.

Exactly. And that happened back when Niinimaa was still a half-way decent defenseman.

Mac or Drake? If we're throwing around half a million dollars, i'd take D-Mac. It has nothing to do with the fact he use to play here, but more because you know what he brings and he's every bit what Drake is suppose to be and then some.

There is no choice to be made between the two. One has already been signed. My point is that signing McCarty in addition to Drake makes no sense. Even if both were available and offered the same contract, I would still pick Drake. There's no reason to sign McCarty, his assumed role has already been filled. There are still better alternatives out there anyways, if another player truly needs to be signed.

Edited by GoWings1905

i kinda want mccarty back just cause hes one of my sll time favorites but unfourtanatly he would be a GR signing at best i dont think he would be able to get a spot on the Wings hes better off retiring at this point

I know it is! 3 scrubs and a low round draft pick for one of the games top power forwards (Horton) and a very good defenseman (Van Ryn). I mean, if I can do it, Ken Holland sure can!

Come on Kenny! Start manding those phones!!!!!!!1 :P

OI...

HUDLER ISN'T A SCRUB!

There is no choice to be made between the two. One has already been signed. My point is that signing McCarty in addition to Drake makes no sense. Even if both were available and offered the same contract, I would still pick Drake. There's no reason to sign McCarty, his assumed role has already been filled. There are still better alternatives out there anyways, if another player truly needs to be signed.

No, I agree. I was just saying that DMac is > Drake. :thumbup: