• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Filppula41

Canes acquire Cullen from Rangers

Rate this topic

A bit off topic: If Hossa is the odd man out in NY, we should sign him here. Then, we should wine and dine him and give him everything he wants. Then we should get him to convince his brother to come here.

Guest jaytan

It helped Carolina screw us over. That's the only reason they make half of the moves they make down there.

Guest DetroitIan

I wonder if the Rangers made this move soley to create cap space to re-sign Avery. It definitely seems like it. So that sucks. I was really hoping they wouldnt be able to retain Aves. But I figured they were either gonna make a trade, or send a player or two down. So this is no suprise to me. Im just a little bummed out.

So... the rumors are true...

Cullen played with Carolina before and helped them, and unless they change their system completely, should help them again. He just wasn't fitting in with the Rags, for who knows what reason.

No offense Carolina, but I don't see this helping you much.

it helps them now, Cullen was a vital part of there cup run in 06, they struggled hard to fill his third line center spot. AS far as the future, hutchinson was a good young Defensive prospect for them. Since they have an ancient D and not alot of young D in the pipes. I don't quite understand this.

Looks like avery is going back to the rangers. I forget where i read it but i remember hearing that the rangers were trying to move cullen so they can sign avery.

You heard it from me in the Avery thread...Now we can get down to business and get him signed.

Guest Crymson

A bit off topic: If Hossa is the odd man out in NY, we should sign him here. Then, we should wine and dine him and give him everything he wants. Then we should get him to convince his brother to come here.

He outscored Marian in the playoffs, hilariously enough.

He outscored Marian in the playoffs, hilariously enough.

Yeah...ouch. Seriously though, what do we need? A pure goal scorer on the Wing. If we could go all cheap youth and then find a way to keep Homer, Dats, Hank and Hossa up front, we'd be awesome.

It helped Carolina screw us over. That's the only reason they make half of the moves they make down there.

Amen. Rutherford and the Canes only exist so Karmanos can f*** around with Illitch. Too bad nobody cares..

At any rate, nobody should be surprised this happened. It was either send down Kaspar or trade Cullen. These have been rumors for a while now. Back to the drawing board...

Guest jaytan

I still say we give him an offer sheet, just to force the Rangers' into giving him a really nice salary. Maybe he'll remember how much we cared in the future when he's a UFA. :lol:

He also played one more round than Marian

He also out scored Marian in the first round.

I still say we give him an offer sheet, just to force the Rangers' into giving him a really nice salary. Maybe he'll remember how much we cared in the future when he's a UFA. :lol:

You can't give him an offer sheet because he is headed for arbitration. The only way Avery comes back to Detroit is if the Rangers decide to walk away from whatever the arbitrator decides.

He also out scored Marian in the first round.

AND he was averaging several minutes less. Marcel Hossa was finally living up to his potential before getting injured in March. 15 points in his last 22 regular season games. I suspect he will be even better next year.