• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Filppula41

Sens deal Schaefer to Bruins for Donovan

Rate this topic

Sens got themselves a steal here. Donovan is way better than Schaefer.

Guess Murray isn't such a bad GM after all. :lol:

I think the Bruins got the much better deal. Schaefer had more hits and way more points than Donovan last season.

Donovan works his tail off and he can skate like Neidermayer on crack, but to say he has cement hands is an insult to cement.

Scheafer is a great 3rd line winger who can skate, check, kill penalties and finish enough for 40-50 points.

This was a salary dump so they can resign upcoming free agents (Heatley, Spezza, Redden in 08 and Emery this year).

I think the Bruins got the much better deal. Schaefer had more hits and way more points than Donovan last season.

Donovan works his tail off and he can skate like Neidermayer on crack, but to say he has cement hands is an insult to cement.

Scheafer is a great 3rd line winger who can skate, check, kill penalties and finish enough for 40-50 points.

This was a salary dump so they can resign upcoming free agents (Heatley, Spezza, Redden in 08 and Emery this year).

Did he really have more hits? Wow, I thought Donovan would have smoked him in that catagory. I just thought Schaefer had a few more points, which wouldn't really be missed because of the top line.

Did he really have more hits? Wow, I thought Donovan would have smoked him in that catagory. I just thought Schaefer had a few more points, which wouldn't really be missed because of the top line.

LOL. Well technically, he had 1 more hit I believe. Hits can be subjective though. A small little bump after the puck is dished counts as much as a run away train hit, so who knows how accurate that stat is.

I'm a Donovan fan but I still think Schaefer is a better all around player. But he's worth more $$$ so I can see why Ottawa moved him for upcoming FA's.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

LOL. Well technically, he had 1 more hit I believe. Hits can be subjective though. A small little bump after the puck is dished counts as much as a run away train hit, so who knows how accurate that stat is.

I'm a Donovan fan but I still think Schaefer is a better all around player. But he's worth more $$$ so I can see why Ottawa moved him for upcoming FA's.

Schaeffer is a far more complete player than Donovan IMO as well. I can't remember the last time I saw Donovan do anything offensively with a puck. Schaeffer can skate just as well, kill penalties, he'll finish his checks and the bonus is he's strong enough offensively to carry the puck up the ice and to make some nice moves and score goals. Given adequate playing time Schaeffer is a 20 goal player in his sleep.

If money were no object I would take Schaeffer over Donovan a million times out of a million. Definitely they felt they could dump Shaeffer for the added savings and maybe more expected output from guys like Vermette.

Donovan gives them more of a defensive minded, hard hat guy.

Still, the bottom line: I like this move. They got to the finals with all the flash in the world but couldn't match the jam of the Ducks. This gives them more of that jam.

Plus with Boston Schaefer will play on one of the top two lines, which means playing with Savard, Bergereon, or Murray,

Unless they wanted to make a decent young line and go Bochenski Kessel Schaefer.

They wouldn't be the greates line ever but I would take that line on the wings!

(not saying over any of the young guys we have just saying I wouldn't mind that line)

Schaefer is a much better player than Donovan. I think people are still sitting on 2004 when Donovan and the Flames wiped the ice with the Wings asses. He hasnt been that player since.

Having said that, Donovan is still a gritty, hardworking player that anyone would love to have on their team, but 10 times out of 10, youd rather have Schaefer. If it werent for the purpose of re-signing the likes of Heatley, Spezza, Emery, and Fisher, most Sens fans I can guarantee you would be pissed about this deal.