No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tony

Roenick not retiring.......yet

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

makes no difference really..

i'll be amazed if anyone picks him up

omfghehasgritandilikehimpleasesignhimhollandmakeithappen!

He just hasn't made an official announcement due to some personal issues.

Really no big deal...

I'm pretty sure he won't retire unless no one signs him... he wants to play pretty bad. He was on the panel on TSN a bit towards the end of the season and he was always trying to sell himself, saying he'll play for league minimum and crap like that... so i cant see him going unless no one wants him (which looks like that will happen, too bad for JR)

i got nothing against JR...

i always liked him, but he's way past his prime now and his last two seasons have been appalling..

i would think most teams would prefer to bring up a minimum wage prospect rather than have JR in the line up. They'd certainly get more out of it in the long run.

say we had a 4th line spot open...would you bring up Helm, or sign JR?

Edited by Cicada

I'm pretty sure he won't retire unless no one signs him... he wants to play pretty bad. He was on the panel on TSN a bit towards the end of the season and he was always trying to sell himself, saying he'll play for league minimum and crap like that... so i cant see him going unless no one wants him (which looks like that will happen, too bad for JR)

Ease up on the font..

Guest jaytan

I don't like him. I never really have, though I do acknowledge he was a good player once.... But after thinking this over, I don't think it would hurt to sign him for the minimum. I imagine he could dig down deep and find a little bit more in the right circumstances, and there wouldn't be any pressure on him individually in Detroit.

Guest Crymson

I don't like him. I never really have, though I do acknowledge he was a good player once.... But after thinking this over, I don't think it would hurt to sign him for the minimum. I imagine he could dig down deep and find a little bit more in the right circumstances, and there wouldn't be any pressure on him individually in Detroit.

He's also a locker-room cancer with a history of clashing with coaches.

I'd take him. We can get him the cup and the 500 goals

Well, honestly, I'd actually give him a ring if I were Holland. If Holland could figure out some way of giving him a league min contract then letting him retire after he gets the five goals and having it somehow either possible to wave the rest of the contract or have it not count toward the cap then go for it.

He only needs five goals to get 500. For the love of everything holy- I'd be a shame if he never got that considering he's got nothing much else to his name as a result of playing for s*** teams his entire career.

Not that I'd want him around to score his sixth goal unless the first five come in October alone. You guys are right about giving a prospect some seasoning instead. If it weren't for the five goals away from glory I'd say let him retire.

He's also a locker-room cancer with a history of clashing with coaches.

Yeah, those coaches were Wayne Gretzky and Ken Hitchcock. Two pure assholes who even the nicest of people can find it extremely difficult to get along with (well, Gretzky is a nice guy as a person, but as a coach he's a total dickhead).

Seriously, I wouldn't mind Roenick, only because he's one of my favorite players, and I've always wanted to see him play here. He'd be better than Kopecky.

Yeah, those coaches were Wayne Gretzky and Ken Hitchcock. Two pure assholes who even the nicest of people can find it extremely difficult to get along with (well, Gretzky is a nice guy as a person, but as a coach he's a total dickhead).

Seriously, I wouldn't mind Roenick, only because he's one of my favorite players, and I've always wanted to see him play here. He'd be better than Kopecky.

He's also got a physical edge and Detroit needs someone with chrasima. He can teach our guys how to dance! Plus arent him and Cheli best buds?

Guest jaytan

The Hawks oughta sign the guy. He played in Chicago during some of his best years, and it's not like they're a contender. It might be a good PR move to put some butts in the seats, and he'd get his 500th goal with a familiar club.

The Hawks oughta sign the guy. He played in Chicago during some of his best years, and it's not like they're a contender. It might be a good PR move to put some butts in the seats, and he'd get his 500th goal with a familiar club.

i completely agree with that, if there's a home for JR is Chicago.

I'd like to see JR on the Wings, if nothing else, just for this.

JR gets his groove on

If it's just for the dancing, maybe the Wings can sign him as a cheerleader. Would be at least more entertaining than the ice girls some teams have. :lol:

I'm not surprised that he isn't retiring. I expected him to continue playing so that he can reach the 500 goals.