• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Coyote0106

Possible new coach?

Rate this topic

It was made official yesterday from what I understand. He's the man that the Wings selected. So he'll be behind the bench with Jimmy P. He's won the Calder cup twice. Once as a player and once as an Asst. Coach. It looks like the Wings/Griffins are stocking the cupboard with a lot of decent/gritty players. Hopefully this years team can make some noise in the post season and avoid just barely squeaking into the post season like they did last year.

I just checked his stats on hockeydb.com. Pretty impressive pim totals. Quite a few 200+ seasons. Did the Griffins get a tough guy? Also, Paek is still with the team. Isn't Stothers going to want to name his own assistant?

... Did the Griffins get a tough guy? Also, Paek is still with the team. Isn't Stothers going to want to name his own assistant?

I thought the Wings want Paek there. So I just figured he is stuck with what he has kind of thing....that's a good question.

As for the tough guy thing, Asking around at griffcentral, I was informed that the Griffs liked Keefe, and Keefe liked GR....but I haven't heard anything about a signing yet, so maybe its a training camp situation?

As for the tough guy thing, Asking around at griffcentral, I was informed that the Griffs liked Keefe, and Keefe liked GR....but I haven't heard anything about a signing yet, so maybe its a training camp situation?

The tough guy I was asking about was Stothers. Was he that kind of player? If he was, maybe he can teach the prospects a thing or two.

The tough guy I was asking about was Stothers. Was he that kind of player? If he was, maybe he can teach the prospects a thing or two.

I guess we can only dream about that. We need a real tough guy to get the gritty-ness out of the others.....I guess we can pray.

And here is an mlive article about the coach.

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2007/07/grif...hers_coach.html

Edited by Coyote0106

Well, I don't know what to think about the new coach just yet. Some people know me that I haven't really liked any Griffins coach since Guy Charron... But I'll give this guy a chance... We couldn't do much worse.

As for Keefe. I think we still need to have a few tough guys on the team. Especially now that Bootland has signed with the Islanders

Well, I don't know what to think about the new coach just yet. Some people know me that I haven't really liked any Griffins coach since Guy Charron... But I'll give this guy a chance... We couldn't do much worse.

As for Keefe. I think we still need to have a few tough guys on the team. Especially now that Bootland has signed with the Islanders

Now they're the New York Bootlanders!