• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rob the Badger

What are you reading right now?

Rate this topic

I was ultimately underwhelmed with The Lost Symbol and I'm engrossed in A Game of Thrones so far. Can't wait to get all caught up on this series...

You'll have to let me know how you like the Ice and Fire series. I picked up the first book randomly years ago in a Borders (while waiting for my female companion to finish shopping elsewhere in the mall :lol: ) I read through the entire series in a weekend; only the first 3 books were out at the time. I'm not exactly an avid reader, so I've never blown through books that fast in my life!!

I'm about half way through Dance With Dragons... loving it so far.

Edited by ACallToArms

I was ultimately underwhelmed with The Lost Symbol and I'm engrossed in A Game of Thrones so far. Can't wait to get all caught up on this series...

What didn't you like about the Lost Symbol? Not trying to dog you, I did the same thing twice with the book I'm currently reading (and that I now am enjoying), mainly because there were so many characters/confusion, etc.

I just finished Iscariot by Tosca Lee. It's a novelized piece of guesswork about the life of Judas Iscariot and how he might have thought and felt about Jesus. What struck me most was how it showed exactly how revolutionary Jesus was according to Jewish law. When Jesus healed a leper, or healed someone on the Sabbath, or talked to a woman, or anything else the strict Jewish laws frowned upon, Judas said something like "a good man would have sent them away/not done that, but of course Jesus did."

Just finished reading the Harry Potter series. All seven books in 10 days... I get totally engulfed and spend hours and hours at a time reading, my fiancee hates it. Going through and re-reading Angels & Demons, DaVinci Code, The Lost Symbol, Deception Point, and Digital Fortress. I JUST found out he released a followup to the Langdon series, Inferno, last year. So I'll read D.P. and D.F. (they aren't in the series, they are totally different characters) and then roll through the other four. I tell ya, DaVinci Code is his most famous, but Angels & Demons blows it and all others out of the water. That was an incredible adventure with excitement, fear, puzzles, heartache, etc. etc. Definitely the #2 book I've ever read (H.P. is #1 for me).

I just finished Frankenstein, am currently re-reading Dracula, and starting The Jungle by Sinclair simultaneously. I'm on a bit of a classics kick. A nice break from endless history books.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Two books I'd recommend, both by Michigan authors.

Full disclosure, I know both of the authors... so I may be biased but they're both excellent reads:

Songs Only You Know by Sean Madigan Hoen

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Only-You-Know-Memoir/dp/1616953365/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419686742&sr=8-1&keywords=sean+madigan+hoen

The Ford Wyoming Drive-In: Cars, Candy, and Candoodling in the Motor City by Karen Dybis

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/162619548X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER