• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckhog419

Sharks sign Norton

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

and will you please stay away from The real red wings forum, you're making us look bad. Norton was a goon, a role player is someone who can check, play Defense (a novel idea considering he's a Defensemen) score, what ever the situations requires. Brad Norton was the absolute Definition of the word "one dimensional". All he could do was fight for this team. When he did that he lost, badly. So he fought better fighters, stick to your weight class then. No one on this forum wants a guy who can'd do a darn thing but fight, take away playing time from a promising young player, just to watch him get his butt handed to him over and over again. Now i'm sure you'll get all bent out of shape and repost to this. Beat your chest in some 3rd grade fashion, all the while chanting "i'm the smartest!". But seriously you lost all credibility when you posted something like that about a player who's not going to make a bit of difference on a team loaded with guys who do his job, a lot better.

Exactly. :clap:

"Oh no, not Norton?? Now the Sharks "toughness" will REALLY overwhelm us. Just like during the playoffs. lol"

Are you 12 years old? Seriously not trying to insult you, your middle school wit just oozes out of your posts. Norton is a hell of a role player, and did exactly what he was brought in for its a shame he didnt see more time up. For all you comics mocking Nortons toughness take a second and look up the size, and weight of some of his tilt partners. God, this is getting sick, will converse for days, to the verge of tears on "Babs not playing Hudler" or "Will Kindl be up this year or maybe Erikson huh?" etc. Some of you, NOT ALL (many here are obvious fans of the greatest game in the world and are incredibly knowlegable on both Detroit hockey and the game as a whole) but others come off a seriously sounding ignorant. PLEASE stay awy from the HFforums with some of your arguments you will make Detroit fans look bad

LOL! Yeah, you mean like YOU. Seriously are YOU 12 years old??? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Your views on Norton are some of the most laughable posts ive ever read. Norton is worthless. And anyone who is actually knowledgable about hockey knows that. So please, take your own advice and please stay away from good hockey forums like this. Cause you'll just get continuously laughed at. Man you just owned yourself. HAHA! :lol:

Exactly. :clap:

LOL! Yeah, you mean like YOU. Seriously are YOU 12 years old??? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Your views on Norton are some of the most laughable posts ive ever read. Norton is worthless. And anyone who is actually knowledgable about hockey knows that. So please, take your own advice and please stay away from good hockey forums like this. Cause you'll just get continuously laughed at. Man you just owned yourself. HAHA! :lol:

Dude don't be mean to him.... (he is Norton) shhhh! (He might pretend like he is going to beat you up, but worry not, he loses most of his fights :hehe: )

Edited by DreamsofHope

Guest DetroitIan

The only way Norton will see a SECOND of action in a Sharks jersey, is if San Jose has MULTIPLE injuries. Otherwise he is AHL bound. And for good reason. He's FAR from a role player. I think you may have won the award for "most ignorant post." Good job buddy!

Dude don't be mean to him.... (he is Norton) shhhh! (He might pretend like he is going to beat you up, but worry not, he looses most of his fights :hehe: )

HAHAHA! :lol::lol::lol:

My problem with Norton is that he's one of the most boring, uncharasmatic fighters around. But in all fairness, everyone who's saying he lost badly in all his fights here im not sure what you were watching. I dont take issue with people ripping on him, but i do have a problem with facts being distorted in an effort to make a point.

My problem with Norton is that he's one of the most boring, uncharasmatic fighters around. But in all fairness, everyone who's saying he lost badly in all his fights here im not sure what you were watching. I dont take issue with people ripping on him, but i do have a problem with facts being distorted in an effort to make a point.

Seriously, he's worse than that.

I consider most fighters entertaining, even if they don't sit there and wave up the crowd or do any hot dog type stuff. Norton is not entertaining at all because he got his ass kicked in the majority of the fights he was in with the Wings. The fight with Nick Tarnasky was the only fight he did remotely good in, and even that was a stretch.

A fight in general is pretty entertaining, even without these guys waving up at the crowd or whatever. But Norton was just plain brutal. None of his fights were entertaining from a Wings fans perspective, because he got his ass pretty well beat in each of them (or if not, he still didn't win).

Of all the guys Kenny could have signed that year... he chooses Brad Norton. My personal choice would have been Krzysztof Oliwa. Too bad he retired... he was a really entertaining fighter.

Oh well. Nothing that can be done about it now.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Sorry guys, I understand this is a rough day for alot of you, I mean with Peter Nedved heading back to Europe and all. A sad day for european hockey fans everywhere. oh, here something to whip you into a "blind homer" frenzy.

**HERE ARE SOME COMPARITIVE STATS WITH NORTON (an enforcer) AND OUR OTHER 4TH LINE FILLINS***

-Brad Norton 6 games played 0 goals 1 assist 20 PIM +3 *5 FM

-Tomas Kopecky 27 games played 1 goal 0 assists 21 PIM -1 *0 FM

-Matt Ellis 16 games played 0 goals 0 assists -1 6 PIM -1 *0 FM

-Derek Meech 4 games played 0 goals 0 assists +1 2 PIM *0 FM

-Kyle Quincey 13 games played 1 goal 0 assists 0 2 PIM *0 FM

-Matt Hussey 5 games played 0 goals 0 assists -2 2 PIM *0 FM

-Josh Langfield 33 games played 0 goals 2 assists +2 12 PIM *0 FM

WOW! looks like that worthless sack of sh*t Norton really didnt deserve to be here. I mean, god, dressing him and having to put any of those other allstars on the bench????!?!?! ouch. its ok i guess, i mean we did re-sign Ellis, PHEW! oh, back to the norton bashing.

"I consider most fighters entertaining, even if they don't sit there and wave up the crowd or do any hot dog type stuff. Norton is not entertaining at all because he got his ass kicked in the majority of the fights he was in with the Wings. The fight with Nick Tarnasky was the only fight he did remotely good in, and even that was a stretch.

A fight in general is pretty entertaining, even without these guys waving up at the crowd or whatever. But Norton was just plain brutal. None of his fights were entertaining from a Wings fans perspective, because he got his ass pretty well beat in each of them (or if not, he still didn't win)."

The square of with Roy was a good tilt, but you are correct in almost everything you say and I agree he would not have been my choice either. His balance is horendous, and he doesnt have the most entertaining scraps. all i am saying is its bullsh*t that all ppl do is talk sh*t about the guy when we have 6 others who suited up just as much as him who did absolutely nothing above and beyone what he did yet those other guys are never mentioned.

Edited by sticknmove

Sorry guys, I understand this is a rough day for alot of you, I mean with Peter Nedved heading back to Europe and all. A sad day for european hockey fans everywhere. oh, here something

What does Petr Nedved have anything to do wtih this thread or the Sharks?

Sorry guys, I understand this is a rough day for alot of you, I mean with Peter Nedved heading back to Europe and all. A sad day for european hockey fans everywhere. oh, here something to whip you into a "blind homer" frenzy.

**HERE ARE SOME COMPARITIVE STATS WITH NORTON (an enforcer) AND OUR OTHER 4TH LINE FILLINS***

-Brad Norton 6 games played 0 goals 1 assist 20 PIM +3 *5 FM

-Tomas Kopecky 27 games played 1 goal 0 assists 21 PIM -1 *0 FM

-Matt Ellis 16 games played 0 goals 0 assists -1 6 PIM -1 *0 FM

-Derek Meech 4 games played 0 goals 0 assists +1 2 PIM *0 FM

-Kyle Quincey 13 games played 1 goal 0 assists 0 2 PIM *0 FM

-Matt Hussey 5 games played 0 goals 0 assists -2 2 PIM *0 FM

-Josh Langfield 33 games played 0 goals 2 assists +2 12 PIM *0 FM

WOW! looks like that worthless sack of sh*t Norton really didnt deserve to be here. I mean, god, dressing him and having to put any of those other allstars on the bench????!?!?! ouch. its ok i guess, i mean we did re-sign Ellis, PHEW! oh, back to the norton bashing.

"I consider most fighters entertaining, even if they don't sit there and wave up the crowd or do any hot dog type stuff. Norton is not entertaining at all because he got his ass kicked in the majority of the fights he was in with the Wings. The fight with Nick Tarnasky was the only fight he did remotely good in, and even that was a stretch.

A fight in general is pretty entertaining, even without these guys waving up at the crowd or whatever. But Norton was just plain brutal. None of his fights were entertaining from a Wings fans perspective, because he got his ass pretty well beat in each of them (or if not, he still didn't win)."

The square of with Roy was a good tilt, but you are correct in almost everything you say and I agree he would not have been my choice either. His balance is horendous, and he doesnt have the most entertaining scraps. all i am saying is its bullsh*t that all ppl do is talk sh*t about the guy when we have 6 others who suited up just as much as him who did absolutely nothing above and beyone what he did yet those other guys are never mentioned.

Yep! He's Norton. It's official.

all i am saying is its bullsh*t that all ppl do is talk sh*t about the guy when we have 6 others who suited up just as much as him who did absolutely nothing above and beyone what he did yet those other guys are never mentioned.

And how many years experience do those guys have compared to norton. At least the guys you mentioned have a chance to develpp and grow, norton is what he is and will always be!

they develop in the AHL, thats why we have the griffins.

plus that is a non point, i am arguing that dressing an enforcer in no way cuts into point production.

Edited by sticknmove

they develop in the AHL, thats why we have the griffins. And i love how i post cold hard statistics and your best rebutals are "ya he's Norton". Whatever though it not worth the time obviously. And southern wings fan, called sarcasm, i was implying Peter Nedved, a european who opitimizes european style, was leaving the NHL and all of you being such a fan of euro puck must be a little distressed. But i guess that went over your head. NOW QUICK LETS START talking about how much time Hudler should get or if Quincey will make the squad!

I'm just playin fool. If you looked around you'd see that I am not arguing anything about Norton. So as far as your... I post cold hard facts and all you come back with is, "ya he's norton." That falls on deaf ears. Because I'm the only one writing that, and I'm not arguing with you.

Yes, it is a great opportunity for you to pretend like you are winning this argument... but you should probably address the people who are actually contesting you. Thank you....

Are you Norton?

Wow. Seriously, this has to be Norton for real. I don't remember seeing anything remotely like this level of defense for a mediocre player ever before.

Brad Norton got into fights. Not sure if that was the only job he was hired for, but he sure did get into fights. That's all he did. It's debatable how he did in those fights, but he did drop the gloves, and then go sit on the bench for the rest of the game.

To me, if the coach won't put you in, other than to get into a fight right off the faceoff, and then go sit back down, it's kind of an indicator that you're not really good for anything else.

Wow. Seriously, this has to be Norton for real. I don't remember seeing anything remotely like this level of defense for a mediocre player ever before.

Brad Norton got into fights. Not sure if that was the only job he was hired for, but he sure did get into fights. That's all he did. It's debatable how he did in those fights, but he did drop the gloves, and then go sit on the bench for the rest of the game.

To me, if the coach won't put you in, other than to get into a fight right off the faceoff, and then go sit back down, it's kind of an indicator that you're not really good for anything else.

I got over being shy and flat out asked him if he's Norton... I guess time will tell. Check back!