• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kcjacoby

Nashville is staying?

Rate this topic

I've got news from some good friends of mine down in Nashville that its looking likeLeipold is going to be selling the Pred's tho the local group of businessmen that put in the offer....

Supposedly they are looking to announce it tonight at the Pred's fan rally... along with revealing their new uniforms...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213934&hubname=nhl

A lot of us have been feeling like they would announce it tonight.

The ticket-thon/rally is going well so far. 3 hours in and they're approaching 100 season tickets sold. Still 11 hours left, it should really pick up around 5:00 when people are leaving work and headed downtown for the rally.

as for the corporate tickets, Our Team announced this morning that at this point they've already sold 1,200 new corporate season tickets.

Nashville is responding to the local efforts. Out with the cold northern guard (leipold), in with the good ole boys from Nashville! Soon, Nashville's team will be owned by Nashvillians and the team will be here to stay!

Wonder what the jerseys look like? New design all together or just same thing on the new form fit jersey?

i'm pretty sure they're the same design with the new cut. they'll have the 10th anniversary logo on them though and the collar will probably be different with the NHL logo on it like all the new jerseys seem to have. I really hope there aren't major changes because I think they've got one of the best uniforms of all the expansion teams.

Seems like "refusing to admit defeat by pulling out of a dead end situation" is becoming quite the American trend lately.

Maybe Bettman is counting on a "surge" of new Preds fans.

Edited by alienanxiety

i'm pretty sure they're the same design with the new cut. they'll have the 10th anniversary logo on them though and the collar will probably be different with the NHL logo on it like all the new jerseys seem to have. I really hope there aren't major changes because I think they've got one of the best uniforms of all the expansion teams.

As long as you aren't counting those GOD AWFUL Mustard Yellow alternates! :puke:

The ticket-thon/rally is going well so far. 3 hours in and they're approaching 100 season tickets sold. Still 11 hours left, it should really pick up around 5:00 when people are leaving work and headed downtown for the rally.

as for the corporate tickets, Our Team announced this morning that at this point they've already sold 1,200 new corporate season tickets.

Nashville is responding to the local efforts. Out with the cold northern guard (leipold), in with the good ole boys from Nashville! Soon, Nashville's team will be owned by Nashvillians and the team will be here to stay!

:clap:

Honestly, I think this whole thing is good for the Preds. Apparently Nashville fans are becoming some of the most active and appreciative of all the newer franchises. :thumbup: Anyone who lives in a city with an NHL team is damn lucky. There are more than 30 big cities in Canada/USA so those with NHL teams should feel lucky and appreciate what they've got.

The Preds are a successful team with a nice little rivalry brewing with the greatest hockey team on Earth (other than Team Canada ;) ).

Here's to another season of bitter, balls-out, TooToo-hating Nashville-Detroit match ups.

Seems like "refusing to admit defeat by pulling out of a dead end situation" is becoming quite the American trend lately.

Maybe Bettman is counting on a "surge" of new Preds fans.

:thumbdown: No need to troll dude.

that's not trolling - it's the fact that the city can't support the team, the NHL politically stonewalled a perfectly viable owner who wanted to move the team into a hockey hotbed. but not unlike the iraq war, common sense is suppressed by foolish stubbornness.

As long as you aren't counting those GOD AWFUL Mustard Yellow alternates! :puke:

lol... Those GOD AWFUL ones are out the door... thank god too... I thought they were hideious...

that's not trolling - it's the fact that the city can't support the team, the NHL politically stonewalled a perfectly viable owner who wanted to move the team into a hockey hotbed. but not unlike the iraq war, common sense is suppressed by foolish stubbornness.

The NHL did NOT stonewall Balsille. Balsille wanted to just throw money and sidestep all the rules the BOG has set up. As many have said on here, the BOG cannot rule on a Sale without a Binding Agreement (which Balsille and Leipold did NOT have in place) and they cannot rule on a team move in the same session as they approve the sale.

If Balsille had just played by the rules, he'd have his team. It would be in Nashville for at least a couple more years, but it would be his team. Balsille thinks that since he's rich, he can have whatever he wants when he wants it, and screw the rules. Unfortunately, the NHL was not being cooperative, and Balsille took his ball and went home.

Not sure how the BOG telling Balsille that no matter how much money he has, he still doesn't make the rules, and Balsille giving up = the NHL politically stonewalling.

Don't even get me started.

New CUT? Exactly what do they look like I googled it and found nothing. Does any one have a pic to Post of the new NHL jerseys?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I wonder how many of these new "fans" will be surprised when they come to the first home game and wonder where Vokoun, Hartnell, Timmonen, Kariya and Forsberg are? D'oh.

The true test of whether or not this is going to work will be to see how many of these new season ticket holders will retain them for the next season. And will corporate continue to buy seats if business is bad, if the economy is bad, if the tickets don't get used?

Ticket drives are great because it gets people to buy tickets. You better hope that the product they put on the ice this year is something good or you're going to be doing this again, aren't you? Or maybe in 3 years?

If they stay, good for you. Happy for you. Still won't change my opinion of the team as being a drain on the league and a poor choice for expansion. Once they pay into the revenue sharing bucket and no more ticket drives are needed, i'll change my position.

The NHL did NOT stonewall Balsille. Balsille wanted to just throw money and sidestep all the rules the BOG has set up. As many have said on here, the BOG cannot rule on a Sale without a Binding Agreement (which Balsille and Leipold did NOT have in place) and they cannot rule on a team move in the same session as they approve the sale.

If Balsille had just played by the rules, he'd have his team. It would be in Nashville for at least a couple more years, but it would be his team. Balsille thinks that since he's rich, he can have whatever he wants when he wants it, and screw the rules. Unfortunately, the NHL was not being cooperative, and Balsille took his ball and went home.

Not sure how the BOG telling Balsille that no matter how much money he has, he still doesn't make the rules, and Balsille giving up = the NHL politically stonewalling.

I wonder if he'll have the last laugh if the Preds lose another 15 million dollars this year.

I wonder how many of these new "fans" will be surprised when they come to the first home game and wonder where Vokoun, Hartnell, Timmonen, Kariya and Forsberg are? D'oh.

The true test of whether or not this is going to work will be to see how many of these new season ticket holders will retain them for the next season. And will corporate continue to buy seats if business is bad, if the economy is bad, if the tickets don't get used?

Ticket drives are great because it gets people to buy tickets. You better hope that the product they put on the ice this year is something good or you're going to be doing this again, aren't you? Or maybe in 3 years?

If they stay, good for you. Happy for you. Still won't change my opinion of the team as being a drain on the league and a poor choice for expansion. Once they pay into the revenue sharing bucket and no more ticket drives are needed, i'll change my position.

Honestly, I think Vokoun is the only name that the casual fans would have known. They probably heard of the rest, but not as much as Vokoun. only the die-hards really know all of the players.

As for the retention of tickets. That's definitely the big question. Hopefully with the local group at the helm, businesses will be more likely to stay on board year after year. But seeing as we were only 185 short last season, even a 10% retention of these new tickets would keep us over the 14k mark. Not a great business plan, but it would technically be enough to keep them out of trouble again.

as for the day that the preds pay into revenue sharing. that has always got to be the long term goal. We've shown growth in the last two years. We're one of two teams to move up in the attendance rankings over the past two years that haven't won a single playoff series in the last 3 years. The other is pittsburgh and we know why their attendance has gone up.

So, even though the growth isn't as good as we all want it to be, it's obviously there and it would be a shame to give up on it now while there are other teams who are moving the opposite direction.

New CUT? Exactly what do they look like I googled it and found nothing. Does any one have a pic to Post of the new NHL jerseys?

The new RBK jerseys. more "form fitting" :rolleyes:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Honestly, I think Vokoun is the only name that the casual fans would have known. They probably heard of the rest, but not as much as Vokoun. only the die-hards really know all of the players.

As for the retention of tickets. That's definitely the big question. Hopefully with the local group at the helm, businesses will be more likely to stay on board year after year. But seeing as we were only 185 short last season, even a 10% retention of these new tickets would keep us over the 14k mark. Not a great business plan, but it would technically be enough to keep them out of trouble again.

as for the day that the preds pay into revenue sharing. that has always got to be the long term goal. We've shown growth in the last two years. We're one of two teams to move up in the attendance rankings over the past two years that haven't won a single playoff series in the last 3 years. The other is pittsburgh and we know why their attendance has gone up.

So, even though the growth isn't as good as we all want it to be, it's obviously there and it would be a shame to give up on it now while there are other teams who are moving the opposite direction.

The new RBK jerseys. more "form fitting" :rolleyes:

true 'dat.

isn't it funny though to think that people wouldn't even recognize some of those names? You look at Wings fans and alot of them can give you pretty darn good player evaluations on good players like those that were mentioned. Its baby steps though so I understand that.

As for the product, you've lost alot of talent this offseason. There's still some pretty darn good players there but one must keep in mind that they were better because they had a better supporting cast. Radulov needs to be a 30 goal guy this year. Sully cannot slump at all and Arnott will have to do alot of work to score, put up points, play physical. You've also got some good young dmen but I don't see a clear cut leader out there. Maybe Weber will emerge as that guy but losing Timo could really hurt in some ways that may not be evident solely on the ice. It'll be interesting to say the least.

de Vries should help to replace some of the veteran leadership void left by Timonen. and seeing as he's a bigger, more defensive defenseman, it might be a nice change of pace to have him as the rolemodel instead of the offensive minded Timonen.

as for the top players producing, you're totally correct. We need our top 6 to be healthy and producing all season. I'm confident in all of them to do just that except for Sullivan, which is why I think our final aquisition (the third line LW we need) should be a guy who can step up to a scoring line as an injury fill in for a while.

This team will be grittier and more of a defensive team like the one that played the wings in the 04 playoffs, except a lot more talented than that squad.

Edited by Legionnaire11

The NHL used to stoneway much worse. That's why there wasn't expansion until the '60s.

oh and Basille refused to play nice so he won't become a member. Kinda like Cuban trying to buy the Cubs. The more you'll rock the boat, the less you can play.

Edited by vangvace

Well bringing up the Iraq war, while I do understand your logic in making the analogy, is just asking for flaming.

I live in Kansas City, so this isn't good news because I would love to have seen the WIngs 4 times a year, but it's probably better this way. Neither city really deserves a team since most of the residents can't even spell hockey.