• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsWingsWings

Something I must ask....

Rate this topic

I have really been out of the loop for about the past 5 weeks. I have moved to Ohio, my furniture has not caught up with my wife and myself, and I am currently still looking for a job. My wife and I do have an apartment, but no internet, no cable.

I have resorted to catching my little tidbits of NHL and Red Wings news when I can get on the internet from either my brother's or parent's house.

All I have really had time to do before now is look at the free agent signing list on NHL.com - and it looks like we are losing a BUNCH of players and not signing that many. I mean, I am excited about Rafalski and Grigorenko, but we seem to be losing a lot...

...can someone update me on this please???

Thanks.

we lost Bertuzzi, Calder, Schneider, Lang and depth guys like Langfeld, Hussey

we gained Rafalski, Drake and are probably going to be relying on Hudler and Filppula to play a bigger role

we may make a trade for a top forward mid season or at the deadline if necessary

Guest DetroitIan

we lost Bertuzzi, Calder, Schneider, Lang and depth guys like Langfeld, Hussey

we gained Rafalski, Drake and are probably going to be relying on Hudler and Filppula to play a bigger role

we may make a trade for a top forward mid season or at the deadline if necessary

Don't forget about the Markov situation. We offered him a contract before the draft. And he rejected it. But he still hasnt been signed by anyone. So there is still a possibility that we could retain him.

any news on the visa situation. It seemed really good that TSN had his ONLY draw backs being his accident and maybe not phyiscal enough for the NHL.

from what we hear he's plenty physical...

he's not as fast as before his accident though..

his VISA's weird. Becasue it's either that, or the fact that his last club haven't paid him and he's gone to court before he leaves Russia...or soemthing...

anyway, no news since the Development camp regarding that

any news on the visa situation. It seemed really good that TSN had his ONLY draw backs being his accident and maybe not phyiscal enough for the NHL.

As others have said- he's plenty physical. He's 200lbs and 5'11. When the NHL lists you as 5'11 you're actually more like 5'10 (they're pretty generous in that stat). A 5'10 man with pro hockey conditioning that weighs in at 200lbs has muscle well above average for NHL players.

As for speed- the big Euro scout for the organization says he's at 90% of his old skating, and that quote is more then a year old.

As for speed- the big Euro scout for the organization says he's at 90% of his old skating, and that quote is more then a year old.

Past articles talk up his skating ability (besides just speed of course) pretty well, I just think it's a damn shame he had to lose any of that at all.

But I'll take 90%. And to anyone wondering about the visa problem--I'm not expert on 'em, but they say it'll be fixed for September, so there's probably nothing to worry about.