• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DesertWing

Aebischer Signs With Phoenix

Rate this topic

If Kuklas Korner reports its probably as close to as done a deal as it can be.

Sorry about the double topic - just delete mine.

I hadn't seen the Kuklas link, so all I was basing it on was the link I posted. It looks like it's legit, though. It's a good signing for Phoenix, but I don't think it will help them finish out of the bottom 3. I think TGO is hoping to get the #1 overall pick and praying Tavares is granted eligibility for the 2008 draft!

I hadn't seen the Kuklas link, so all I was basing it on was the link I posted. It looks like it's legit, though. It's a good signing for Phoenix, but I don't think it will help them finish out of the bottom 3. I think TGO is hoping to get the #1 overall pick and praying Tavares is granted eligibility for the 2008 draft!

Like I wrote in the topic I started - this guy scares me for some reason, just a gut feeling. He hasn't played for a good team in the last little while and Phoenix isn't exactly an improvement. Safer than Tellqvist I suppose...Might be able to turn into something positive.

You're probably right, but they always seem to get bumped down in the draft lottery. On a side note, I am really really hoping Tavares lives up to the hype, I just can't hop on the Crosby bandwagon.

Guest DetroitIan

Decent signing. But thats not gonna change the fact that they'll miss another post-season. I'll root for em though. I wanna see Wayne have some success.

bye bye cujo

The decision for Phoenix and Joseph to part ways was made a while ago. The only one that is negatively affected by this signing is David LeNeveu, who will be spending another season in San Antonio.

Poor guy. I actually like Aebischer. Not a good place for him to end up; he was better off in Montreal.

Well to be honest I think Colorado would've been even better for him...

I live in Phoenix now and have been hoping that they'd go after Aebischer for a while now. I'm glad he's the guy they went with.

Also, I don't know if I'm ready to discount the team just yet. Granted, they've not had much success the past few years, but if they can have their draft picks start playing an effective role, they could start to look at lot like Pittsburgh soon.

Oh, and I'm stoked that Gratton, Boyton, and Carcillo.

I always thought he was better than people gave him credit for. Damn hard to follow Roy, but I think COL made a huge mistake trading him.

Agreed, I guess the trade for Montreal's no-longer-wanted-local-hero only works once.