• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1914

Babs on WDFN NOW!

Rate this topic

www.wdfn.com online stream

So far he says he is absolutley "thrilled" with the additions of Rafalski and Drake

He says that he expects this team to be a lot better next year even with the losses of Lang and Bert and Schneids....

Expects Drake to mentor Kopecky....

Thinks division will be tougher than some think......Columbus and Chicago have matured and could make noise....

Says "were not done" with additions....

Like's Quincey.....says he's solid but will not give him a job in camp.....says they will get a d-man if need so

Says we are fine at forward.....says he would like one more but his "costco" list of players that Kenny "ignores" (jokingly)

Likes the officiating per to obstruction and neutral zone play

Involved with brain tumors (charity wise) and says he has a very soft spot for kids who have cancer (almost sounds like he was going to break down and get very un-Babcock like emotional.....)

So far he says he is absolutley "thrilled" with the additions of Rafalski and Drake

He says that he expects this team to be a lot better next year even with the losses of Lang and Bert and Schneids....

Thinks division will be tougher than some think......Columbus and Chicago have matured and could make noise....

Like's Quincey.....says he's solid but will not give him a job in camp.....says they will get a d-man if need so

Says we are fine at forward.....says he would like one more but his "costco" list of players that Kenny "ignores" (jokingly)

Involved with brain tumors (charity wise) and says he has a very soft spot for kids who have cancer (almost sounds like he was going to break down and get very un-Babcock like emotional.....)

That would be awsome if Drake was able to mentor Kopecky! Tomas is bigger than Drake and will evetually be heavier. Imagine Drake at 6'3 and 210 lbs? Wow, talk about Pain Train.

I agree that we are fine at forward, but we are not good enough to be contenders. A top six sniper or natural goal scorer would help us immensely.

That would be awsome if Drake was able to mentor Kopecky! Tomas is bigger than Drake and will evetually be heavier. Imagine Drake at 6'3 and 210 lbs? Wow, talk about Pain Train.

I agree that we are fine at forward, but we are not good enough to be contenders. A top six sniper or natural goal scorer would help us immensely.

'Zactly. We can be "fine" up front but to take us to the next level requires another big gunner...

Can you clarify the comment about Quincey? Does that mean that he's not guaranteed a spot on the team? Or that he has to earn his spot? Or that he won't be on the team after camp?

Thanks.

Can you clarify the comment about Quincey? Does that mean that he's not guaranteed a spot on the team? Or that he has to earn his spot? Or that he won't be on the team after camp?

Thanks.

Babcock said that he liked how he was in the playoffs with his work ethic and puck movement, but he was saying that his spot on the team will not be handed to him in camp, but he will have to fight for it with the other young guys, and that if none of them seem good enough that they would add another defenseman at that tme.

Babcock said that he liked how he was in the playoffs with his work ethic and puck movement, but he was saying that his spot on the team will not be handed to him in camp, but he will have to fight for it with the other young guys, and that if none of them seem good enough that they would add another defenseman at that tme.

Thanks! That what I figured he would say. There's quite a bit of competition on the blue line. Chelios, Lebda, and Lilja will have to play like hell to keep their spots.

And to think some people in here tihnk that this offseason has gone in the sh***er. :rolleyes:

And to think some people in here tihnk that this offseason has gone in the sh***er. :rolleyes:

It really wasn't anything to write home about.

I'm glad we didn't take a real hit (i.e. no replacement for Matty), but nothing impressive can be said until February rolls around.

Really though, what's Babcock going to say? I mean, he just said that Columbus is going to have a shot, for cryin' out loud....

Like Flip-Check said....the offseason wasn't anything to write home about. I think they improved on defense with Rafalski, even if they don't bring Markov back. I like Drake (though his signing would make more sense if we hadn't resigned Maltby), but they need a top six forward. Badly. They'll win the Central, but they need someone else up front. Maybe Flip or Grigs turns into that guy, but they'd be smart to land someone else by the trade deadline. The WC is so tough....

-Tim

Really though, what's Babcock going to say? I mean, he just said that Columbus is going to have a shot, for cryin' out loud....

Like Flip-Check said....the offseason wasn't anything to write home about. I think they improved on defense with Rafalski, even if they don't bring Markov back. I like Drake (though his signing would make more sense if we hadn't resigned Maltby), but they need a top six forward. Badly. They'll win the Central, but they need someone else up front. Maybe Flip or Grigs turns into that guy, but they'd be smart to land someone else by the trade deadline. The WC is so tough....

-Tim

You can say that again. I'd LOVE to face a team like the Islaners or Thrashers or even the Lightning in the first round. Those aren't bad teams but they're very, very beatable. In the West you have very good teams in the bottom half of the conference. I wouldn't have been surprised in the least if teams like Calgary, Minnesota or the Stars went to the Conference finals or even the SC finals last year. You can't say that about half the teams in the East that make the playoffs. Even more of a reason that I want Detroit in the East. We would have gotten to the finals in 15 games or less.

You can say that again. I'd LOVE to face a team like the Islaners or Thrashers or even the Lightning in the first round. Those aren't bad teams but they're very, very beatable. In the West you have very good teams in the bottom half of the conference. I wouldn't have been surprised in the least if teams like Calgary, Minnesota or the Stars went to the Conference finals or even the SC finals last year. You can't say that about half the teams in the East that make the playoffs. Even more of a reason that I want Detroit in the East. We would have gotten to the finals in 15 games or less.

I don't know if it would be that easy. For some reason, the Wings have a tendency to play down to teams that aren't as good. It's like they say "Meh, it's Columbus..let's mail this one in. We still have a chance to win just jacking around."

You also have to take into consideration that they might be really good the first few years in the East, and then their game would dip to the Eastern level, and they'd just become another weak East team for the WC teams to beat up on.

I'll take the brutal travel schedule, and the tough conference over watching the Wings turn into the Canes anyday.

Here's a transcript of the interview

".... having more depth in our lineup with Kopecky and Drake, and probably Maltby on our fourth line--that's a heck of a fourth line--so when you look at our group, we're pretty excited."

Seems like Babcocks expects Kopecky to be a regular part of the line-up, which leaves Hudler and Grigorenko battling for a place.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Hudler/Grigorenko

Franzen - Draper - Cleary

Drake - Kopecky - Maltby

Gotta love that third line!

Here's a transcript of the interview

".... having more depth in our lineup with Kopecky and Drake, and probably Maltby on our fourth line--that's a heck of a fourth line--so when you look at our group, we're pretty excited."

Seems like Babcocks expects Kopecky to be a regular part of the line-up, which leaves Hudler and Grigorenko battling for a place.

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Hudler/Grigorenko

Franzen - Draper - Cleary

Drake - Kopecky - Maltby

Gotta love that third line!

I like everything but the 2nd line. Too bad FA signings were so steep. I wonder what we'll have to cough up in a trade for a 2nd line scorer. (unless Hudler or possibly Grigs ends up with a solid season).

I like everything but the 2nd line. Too bad FA signings were so steep. I wonder what we'll have to cough up in a trade for a 2nd line scorer. (unless Hudler or possibly Grigs ends up with a solid season).

How can Samuelsson be a 2nd liner after the season that he had. To mee he's a third or fourth line guy. Also, Fillpula played well last year, but I have serious doubts about his ability to be a first liner for an entire season.

I think it will be more like

Sammy - Z - Homer

Flip - Dats - Grigs/hudler

Cleary - Draper - Franzen

Drake - Kopecky - Maltby

Either way that is two decent lines and two decent checking lines. The wings need another forward.

Does this mean that Drake will teach Kopecky on how to run players from behind?

Hey, if Kopecky did that, at least he'd be doing something out there. Currently I do say Kopecky is the most useless player on the Wings current roster.

Hey, if Kopecky did that, at least he'd be doing something out there. Currently I do say Kopecky is the most useless player on the Wings current roster.

Yup, because every rookie becomes the next Gretzky after only 25 games :thumbdown:

Edited by WhiteLightning91