• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

New preds Jersey

Rate this topic

All teams have to switch over to the new style jerseys... nobody knows how it's going to change the Wings jersey yet. Thanks to seeing Boston's new one (particularly the sleeves) it may not change much if at all.

Something scary though is that teams are going to have alt. jerseys again for the 08-09 season and it appears that that may include Detroit. Hopefully they just go with the vintage style like they did in '92 if they have to do it.

Why is everyone so opposed to a 3rd Wings jersey? We act like our logo and style has been the same sicne day 1. Look ay history pics, the jersey and logo have changed. True, I dont want some of the s*** that has been put out there, but it doesnt have to be bad., Look at the NYR. They have an equaly classic jersey, but made a very respectible 3rd with the statue of liberty. If its done right, I'd have no problem with it.

I've seen some of the photo-shop ones that have been put on here in the past, and some of them aren't that bad.

Why is everyone so opposed to a 3rd Wings jersey? We act like our logo and style has been the same sicne day 1.

Look at the NYR. They have an equaly classic jersey, but made a very respectible 3rd with the statue of liberty. If its done right, I'd have no problem with it.

It's been highly similar through all the revisions though. I get what you're saying, that wasn't the best analogy to put the idea out there is all.

And to paint the picture of introducing a third shirt: if our goaltenders get s*** for not leading us to a Cup every five years, somebody sure would x10 if they didn't balls-out succeed at a good 3rd jersey design.

The Avs, Flames, Sens, Leafs, and Canucks had good ones, but it's a bit hit and miss if you ask me.

Why is everyone so opposed to a 3rd Wings jersey? We act like our logo and style has been the same sicne day 1. Look ay history pics, the jersey and logo have changed. True, I dont want some of the s*** that has been put out there, but it doesnt have to be bad., Look at the NYR. They have an equaly classic jersey, but made a very respectible 3rd with the statue of liberty. If its done right, I'd have no problem with it.

I've seen some of the photo-shop ones that have been put on here in the past, and some of them aren't that bad.

Have you seen what the organization's marketing department has put out? Those folks would be the same ones that develop a 3rd jersey and scares the crap out of me :puke:

But like I said, the '92 special or even the Starter black I wouldn't be bad at all. Matter of fact I own a both.

The white one looks trashy.

But the players will look Hefty in them.

New jerseys... now with forceflex!

Edited by vangvace