• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firsov

No way i would ever purchase that crappy jersey

Rate this topic

thats a mockup, made by some kid with photoshop.

or by the looks of it...Microsoft Paint

we're all fairly sure here that the Wings jerseys won't look any different from that they have for the last 80 years

"what the f#*k?

i'm gonna puke if i have to watch them wear those..."

You'll watch them wear those jerseys and you're going to like it.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

what the f#*k?

i'm gonna puke if i have to watch them wear those...

http://www.nhldigest.com/images/new%20red%...gs%20jersey.jpg

That image has been posted countless times on LGW. It's not real, nor is it the style the Wings will have next year. Illitch won't change the uniform aside from the required form fit.

My Yzerman jersey still fits me plenty well enough, so I don't have to worry about buying one of these new ones. Especially if their going to cost as much as people say.

This isn't a new one, its a fake. Im pretty sure its just a practice jersey

Considering some of the butcher jobs I have seen, that jersey really isn't that bad.

I'm curious ... I've looked at Wings Jerseys from beginning to now. ANd while it had remained basically the same, changes have been made. And A lot of Wings fans seem to be under the impression that it is exactly the same as 80 years ago. Were the riots in Detroit when the altered it in the past?

while i agree that the detroit jerseys will remain mostly the same, i feel like certain things could possibly be problematic on the new edge jerseys. for instance, on the white jerseys. the red arm patch which has the number on it, seems a bit odd. it was shaped because of the template of the old jersey, the shoulder seam caused a rounded edge at the top. does anyone know what im talking about? its hard to explain. anyways, thats one part of the jersey i expect to see change, somewhat.

Edited by TheCaptain19

What's more amazing than the fact that the same fake mockup appears on this site about every week is that people actually believe the Wings organization would release such a crude sketch as their "official" jersey. It just baffles me every time I see this same thread.

I would not be surprised if they have piping on them that's shown in the picture instead of the band along the bottom. :puke:

However the safer bet would be looking at Boston's uni's to devine what ours may look like.

I'm picturing either one of two things... (discription is of White, reverse for darks)

Red shoulders panel (like Boston's dark) and red lower sleeves starting at about the elbow. Narrower red band circling near the bottom.

or

White shoulder panel. Red sleeves with narrower white band below the elbow. Narrower red band circling near the bottom.

Either way I'd perfer an arched name across the back. I haven't seen a new jersey yet with an arch for names, just straight across the back.

It's Augusst already (almost)... you'd think most teams would have released what thier new jerseys looked like by now, but we've seen what? A quarter of the teams make an offical release?

Edited by vangvace

Guest jaytan

Now that I've thought about it, I do think there's a slight chance we'll see a significant change to the white jersey. If anything, they'll change it to look like it did until 1956: IPB Image

Were the riots in Detroit when the altered it in the past?

Yes, but the changes were so subtle it took about ten years for people to notice and start a riot.

It was a big one though. :crazy:

IPB Image

(That's Olympia Staidum in the middle)

Seriously though, the last year the Wings significantly altered their uniforms was during the off-season after the last time they won the Cup before 1997.... So maybe we shouldn't mess with 'em.

The more I think about it the more I am becoming concerned about keeping the horizontal stripe on the bottom of the jersey. With the old style jersey with the bottom hem being the same length front and back the bottom horizontal stripe retains the same amount of space between the stripe and the bottom hem of the jersey.

With the new style of jersey, the back of the jersey is longer than the front, and the transition from bottom front to bottom back is done on a curve (look at the pics of the new Florida jerseys) and that would cause an even amount of space between the bottom of the stripe and the bottom hem of the jersey - more white space on the back of the white jersey than on the front (and more red space on the back of the red jersey).

Anyone with photoshop skills want to take a crack at it - I do not think this will look too good.