• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DyingAlive

Which Detroit Team Matters Most?

Rate this topic

There's a poll on ESPN right now which asks this question. All the Detroit teams are in it from the 4 major sports.

Currently the Redwings have 43% of the vote. The next closest is the Pistons at 29%.

Yet if you look at the US Map, people in Michigan have the Tigers at 44%.

Interesting poll...

Edited by DyingAlive

There's a poll on ESPN right now which asks this question. All the Detroit teams are in it from the 4 major sports.

Currently the Redwings have 43% of the vote. The next closest is the Pistons at 29%.

Interesting poll...

That probably because the Tigers were so bad for such a long time, and then all of a sudden they make the World Series. Its hard to get as excited about a team like the Wings when you're at the top of the standings year-in and year-out.

To me, it is the Tigers. If the Lions were any resemblance of a real team, they would be first because the NFL rules in terms of popularity. I have never seen the city of Detroit rally around a team like it did for the Tigers last season. Everything about that was magical, and this season has the chance to provide the same or more excitement. As much as I love the Red Wings, Detroit is the Tigers town right now.

Edited by GoWings1905

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Odd, I just went to ESPN and the only poll i could find was about Vick and the dofighting incident.

you know what team matters most? the Lions...and it's simply because they have been so bad for the last decade but I guarantee you that every single game they've played has been sold out...the city would go crazy if the Lions were ever half-decent again...the Wings are #1 for me and the 3 Cups were thrilling, but I'd be over the moon if the Lions won a Super Bowl...the Tigers have a good case too because of what they've done in the last year, but the way people talk about the Lions makes me feel like they're the team that matters most, even if they are bad (maybe they can improve this year! fingers crossed!)

you know what team matters most? the Lions...and it's simply because they have been so bad for the last decade but I guarantee you that every single game they've played has been sold out...the city would go crazy if the Lions were ever half-decent again...the Wings are #1 for me and the 3 Cups were thrilling, but I'd be over the moon if the Lions won a Super Bowl...the Tigers have a good case too because of what they've done in the last year, but the way people talk about the Lions makes me feel like they're the team that matters most, even if they are bad (maybe they can improve this year! fingers crossed!)

The NFL rules above all else in the United States. All it will take is 8-8 from the Lions for this to become their town again. :unsure:

Guest DetroitIan

It's gotta be the Tigers. Hell, baseball is America's pastime. And the Tigers are arguably the best team in the entire MLB(not just the AL). Then the Pistons. Then the Lions. THEN the Red Wings. It's sad. But it's true. There are litterally 3 times the amount of fans for the Tigers/Pistons/Lions then there are for the Red Wings. For MY personal list, it would go Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons, Lions. But its actually really hard for me considering im a DIE-HARD fan of all 4 teams.

Interesting poll...

You wanna maybe put a link in your topic next time??? No one can even find this poll. And I just did an all out search on ESPN.com. Help us out here. :nonono:

It's gotta be the Tigers. Hell, baseball is America's pastime. And the Tigers are arguably the best team in the entire MLB(not just the AL). Then the Pistons. Then the Lions. THEN the Red Wings. It's sad. But it's true. There are litterally 3 times the amount of fans for the Tigers/Pistons/Lions then there are for the Red Wings. For MY personal list, it would go Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons, Lions. But its actually really hard for me considering im a DIE-HARD fan of all 4 teams.

I'm honestly shocked that the Lions don't have 80% of the share. Judging by the radio, tv and newspaper time the Lions soak up, you would think we're a one-team town.

To me, it is the Tigers. If the Lions were any resemblance of a real team, they would be first because the NFL rules in terms of popularity. I have never seen the city of Detroit rally around a team like it did for the Tigers last season. Everything about that was magical, and this season has the chance to provide the same or more excitement. As much as I love the Red Wings, Detroit is the Tigers town right now.

I agree about the Lions. If all 4 teams were equally good the Lion would be #1. They sell out games now and they haven't had an above .500 season since 2000-01. And last year was amazing with the Tigers. I went to Chicago to watch them play the Cubs in mid-June and the Tigers crowd was louder than the Cubs crowd. And then watching the playoffs was amazing. If I had to rank them if they were all equal I would says

Lions

Tigers

Wings

Pistons

And Wings and Pistons are probably even at that point in popularity, imo.

Guest DetroitIan

I agree about the Lions. If all 4 teams were equally good the Lion would be #1. They sell out games now and they haven't had an above .500 season since 2000-01. And last year was amazing with the Tigers. I went to Chicago to watch them play the Cubs in mid-June and the Tigers crowd was louder than the Cubs crowd. And then watching the playoffs was amazing. If I had to rank them if they were all equal I would says

Lions

Tigers

Wings

Pistons

And Wings and Pistons are probably even at that point in popularity, imo.

No way man. The Pistons have FAR more fans than the Red Wings do. Hell, almost every guy AND girl I know LOVES the Pistons. And most of them couldnt name 2 Red Wings. The Pistons are the probably the closest to the Wings in popularity, but they are still much more popular. Especially with all the success the Pistons have had during the past 4 years. I wish the Wings were more popular. But hockey just isnt followed like the other major sports around here. Unfortunately.

its really not like any of the teams are hurting for fans, it seems that Detroit fans are pretty die hard about all the sports almost equally, but in the general fans eyes lions, tigers, pistons, wings; only because all the others have much more publicity. My personal list Red Wings, Lions, Tigers, Pistons

Guest DetroitIan

its really not like any of the teams are hurting for fans, it seems that Detroit fans are pretty die hard about all the sports almost equally, but in the general fans eyes lions, tigers, pistons, wings; only because all the others have much more publicity. My personal list Red Wings, Lions, Tigers, Pistons

Thats exactly how I am. It's so hard to rank em. Cause Im such a die-hard fan of all 4. I get equally pumped for each sport to start up. :thumbup:

No way man. The Pistons have FAR more fans than the Red Wings do. Hell, almost every guy AND girl I know LOVES the Pistons. And most of them couldnt name 2 Red Wings. The Pistons are the probably the closest to the Wings in popularity, but they are still much more popular. Especially with all the success the Pistons have had during the past 4 years. I wish the Wings were more popular. But hockey just isnt followed like the other major sports around here. Unfortunately.

you have to remember not to many people cared about the pistons until they won, people still love the wings. it would be crazy if the lions were ever good

I don't agree with that. I think popularity wise, the Wings are ahead of the Pistons. From what I've seen it's gotta be the Wings. Especially if you compare the way Detroit was when the Wings won the Championship compared to the Pistons.

IMO it goes:

Tigers

Lions

Wings

Pistons

Guest DetroitIan

I don't agree with that. I think popularity wise, the Wings are ahead of the Pistons. From what I've seen it's gotta be the Wings. Especially if you compare the way Detroit was when the Wings won the Championship compared to the Pistons.

IMO it goes:

Tigers

Lions

Wings

Pistons

Yeah I definitely disagree. IMO there are 3 times the amount of b-ball fans in this state then there are Wings fans. Think of it this way. Almost everyone likes basketball in some way. But there are loads of people that have no interest in hockey at all. My graduating class in high school was over 800 kids. And everyone liked the Pistons. But only a select few knew anything about hockey. You are right in a sense though. When the Red Wings win, us hockey fans get into it way more then b-ball fans do when their team wins. But the problem is, there are way more people in America that are fans of basketball, as opposed to hockey. You could walk up to 10 random people on the street, and ask them to name 3 Pistons and 3 Red Wings. And I guaruntee 9 out of 10 would be able to name the Pistons, but not the Red Wings. And hell, I really wish it was the opposite. But it's just the way it is in the United States. Hockey just isnt up there with the other 3 major sports. Not yet atleast.

Yeah I definitely disagree. IMO there are 3 times the amount of b-ball fans in this state then there are Wings fans. Think of it this way. Almost everyone likes basketball in some way. But there are loads of people that have no interest in hockey at all. My graduating class in high school was over 800 kids. And everyone liked the Pistons. But only a select few knew anything about hockey. You are right in a sense though. When the Red Wings win, us hockey fans get into it way more then b-ball fans do when their team wins. But the problem is, there are way more people in America that are fans of basketball, as opposed to hockey. You could walk up to 10 random people on the street, and ask them to name 3 Pistons and 3 Red Wings. And I guaruntee 9 out of 10 would be able to name the Pistons, but not the Red Wings. And hell, I really wish it was the opposite. But it's just the way it is in the United States. Hockey just isnt up there with the other 3 major sports. Not yet atleast.

I agree that that hockey isn't up there in most of America, but when it comes to Michigan I think it is most definitely up there. I can understand if people in say Cali, Florida..etc.. were asked to name their teams playes and had absolutely no clue, but here? Majority know their hockey even if they are just a bunch of casual fans, or don't care at all. If not..then they are living under a rock. lol

Don't forget about bowling, bass fishing, hunting, darts, auto racing, MMA, boxing... If more than 3 people on the planet think it's a sport chances are that there's a Detroiter follows it to die hard levels. Well except for cricket.