• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergei Fedorov91

Michael Vick

Rate this topic

Indictment from smoking gun.com

Wow, If i posted what I wished to say I probably would be banned from lgw.com. He lost my respect when I heard rumblings about him being involved in the dog fightning scene, but with this indictment making it seem he was a main heavy hitter I hope he loses everything he has. Torturing and killing dogs will flush your reputation down the toliet and I'm glad to see the negative response from people. I hope that the federal prosecutors are huge dog lovers and refuse to offer him a deal.

It wouldn't be enough to wish for a defensive end to take our his knees in a game, because he still has bonus money. I want his money gone, and to sit in jail for the maximum term.

First of all, the whole dogfighting realm is disgusting. Anybody who defends it as a Southern tradition has issues.

However, what really irks me is that you can't turn on ESPN without seeing this crap. Not too mention they feel the need to occasionally show videos of the poor animals forced to partake in this madness. When did ESPN stop covering sports? They never cover sports anymore, all they're worried about is scandal and drama that's related to sports.

Dont even get me started on the whole "Who's Now" premise. That's the dumbest s*** I've ever seen. But next time you watch ESPN, notice they're not really talking about sports, save for the condensed 20 second highlights they run, they're talking about contracts and "he said, she said" bulls***.

Starting at quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons ... Joey Harrington. :o

I honestly hope Vick goes to prison. What he did to those dogs is beyond cruel. Anyone that relies on dog fighting for enjoyment needs to find something to do with their time. I was almost sick when they described some of the treatment those dogs received, after going through the fights. There is no defending Michael Vick. Marcus Vick looks like a saint now compared to his brother.

Edited by GoWings1905

Dont even get me started on the whole "Who's Now" premise. That's the dumbest s*** I've ever seen.

I TOTALLY AGREE!! I hate "Who's Now". They just need some excuse to give Stewart Scott some air time. I also agree with everything else in your post.

I hope Vick goes to Prison big time. I'm not a animal rights freak, but no animal should be treated like that. Dog fighting is ridiculous....

Vick is a disgusting bastard. I hope he does get the maximum term.

ESPN is a joke in this whole matter though. I don't really want to watch 24 hours of Michael Vick coverage. I mean, come on. ESPN really manages to blow ass in the majority of it's programming.

I would love to see Harrington make the pro bowl and Atlanta do very well then next couple years...for a great many reasons, not the least of which is that it would be a 'Vick is a cruel bastard, and he was a worse quarterback than Joey Harrington'

Kinda funny story...

when this story broke, it was the first time my wife had seen him without his helmet on. First thing out of her mouth was "That's Vick? I used to like but he's too ugly. Put the helmet back on man!"

Edited by vangvace

hello all, i'm new here, so i decided to make my first post here,

well, as everyone has said i too hope vick gets the maxium sentence, as a pet owner, i was sickened by this, and with the feds after him, i don't believe he's gonna get outta this, i figure he'll be suspended for this, but i hope he gets kicked outta the league, theres no place in sports for a so -called role model like this, i hope the feds tighten the screws all but good on him

Guest jaytan

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't understand the outrage about the whole Vick situation. I know dogfighting is a crime, and a felony in most states for some reason, but compare this to past accusations (because that's all this is at this point, he is still innocent until proven guilty).

Two quick examples:

Ray Lewis may have stabbed two people to death.... Nobody wanted to crucify him. Two human beings, not savage beasts like pit bulls.

Kobe Bryant (allegedly) sodomized some girl without her permission. He was quickly forgiven.

Why is it such a big deal if Vick actually did make some money by allowing dogs to fight each other for profit? It's their natural predilection to do so, anyway. He isn't accused of doing anything that harms HUMAN BEINGS.

I believe everyone should hold judgment of the guy until the results of his trial. If he is found guilty, the NFL has no choice but to keep him from playing. But I thought you were supposed to have a presumption of innocence in this country until you are found guilty by a jury of your peers.

Remember the bogus Duke rape trial? I'll laugh my ass off if this case ends up mirroring that one.

The allogations against Vick are a lot more definitive in their 18 pages or so than some hesaid/shesaid bryant case. At least that is how it is to me.

Guest jaytan

There's a decent chance that Vick isn't the ringleader here, but was only slightly involved (they used his money or home or whatever). Perhaps the feds are trying to shame and embarass him (since he's a very public figure) into giving up information that would lead to the arrest of their primary targets.

There's a decent chance that Vick isn't the ringleader here, but was only slightly involved (they used his money or home or whatever). Perhaps the feds are trying to shame and embarass him (since he's a very public figure) into giving up information that would lead to the arrest of their primary targets.

The indictment alleges that while Vick wasn't the ring leader, he was an active participant at the fights and was more than just slightly involved.

Why is it such a big deal if Vick actually did make some money by allowing dogs to fight each other for profit? It's their natural predilection to do so, anyway. He isn't accused of doing anything that harms HUMAN BEINGS.

Oh god... We could take this thread hundreds of pages determining what "natural predilection" is and how it applies specifically to human beings.(IE: What crimes that humans commit are in humans "natural predilection"?)

True morality comes from empathy for the unnecessary suffering of other sentient beings. That's why it's a big deal; unlike something that happens in the wild that is generally beyond human control( and besides the point, necessary in most cases for the maintaining of the food chain), this suffering was completely uneccecessary.

I believe everyone should hold judgment of the guy until the results of his trial. If he is found guilty, the NFL has no choice but to keep him from playing. But I thought you were supposed to have a presumption of innocence in this country until you are found guilty by a jury of your peers.

QFT

Ray Lewis may have stabbed two people to death.... Nobody wanted to crucify him. Two human beings, not savage beasts like pit bulls.

i think history has shown that human beings have a natural predilection to murder each other.

Guest jaytan

You're completely right. Of all the animals, humans are the most pointlessly violent. Dogs contribute nothing to our society, so I'm not going to get into a tizzy about a few dogs dying for our entertainment.

Dogs contribute nothing to our society, so I'm not going to get into a tizzy about a few dogs dying for our entertainment.

Wow, that's about the stupidest thing I've read on letsgowings.com. :thumbdown:

You're completely right. Of all the animals, humans are the most pointlessly violent. Dogs contribute nothing to our society, so I'm not going to get into a tizzy about a few dogs dying for our entertainment.

they just don't die. they are starved and tortured first.

Guest jaytan

You'd be surprised how many times throughout history this line of reasoning has been taken to horrific extremes.

And if you think hard enough, you can even find a few times that it wasn't taken quite far enough (Oh, Nero! You almost did it!).

If the NFL ever allows Michael Vick back on the playing field, it will destroy pretty much any credibility they have as far as their programs for developing character.

That said, Vick likely will be in prison when he reaches the age where one would normally retire. The maximum term, from what I've read, totals up to six years. That would put him in his mid-30s and having been out of the game for six years. Vick's career is done if he's convicted, and I don't see much chance of him playing for very long if not, either.

Guest jaytan

I actually expect him to wiggle his way out of this with (at most) a short prison term and a hefty fine. By then, the Falcons would have cut ties with him, obviously.... Anyway, there's this one football team I really like. They've got some damn good receivers who can actually catch the football, unlike Atlanta's, but could really use a gamebreaking quarterback.... What do you think? Michael Vick playing for Detroit in a couple years? We might finally win another playoff game!

I actually expect him to wiggle his way out of this with (at most) a short prison term and a hefty fine. By then, the Falcons would have cut ties with him, obviously.... Anyway, there's this one football team I really like. They've got some damn good receivers who can actually catch the football, unlike Atlanta's, but could really use a gamebreaking quarterback.... What do you think? Michael Vick playing for Detroit in a couple years? We might finally win another playoff game!

we already have three capable running backs. we need a guy who knows how to throw a football.