• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Chris Simon re-signs with Islanders

Rate this topic

Chris Simon has re-signed with the New York Islanders according to his NHLPA page.

His 2007-08 salary is reported as $475k. He is also listed on Isles roster on their official website.

Simon still has five games left on his 25-game suspension for slashing Ryan Hollweg.

Nothing earth shattering.

Kuklas Korner

475 k ??? you kidding me ? i would of given him 750k .........cant believe kenny didnt go after simon instead of drake , i know he gave that cheap shot but hes still a big guy whos intimidating which we need, can fight can score 10+ goals in the season and wouldnt cost us much or more then a 1 year deal .....really dissapointed

475 k ??? you kidding me ? i would of given him 750k .........cant believe kenny didnt go after simon instead of drake , i know he gave that cheap shot but hes still a big guy whos intimidating which we need, can fight can score 10+ goals in the season and wouldnt cost us much or more then a 1 year deal .....really dissapointed

I think the low amount is directly related to wanting to stay on the Island though. Cant forget him and Ted Nolan are buddies.

I think the low amount is directly related to wanting to stay on the Island though. Cant forget him and Ted Nolan are buddies.

His home run swing at Ryan Hollweg may also contribute to the low dollar amount. I believe that Simon is spending the start of the season on the suspended list.

Guest Crymson

Sigh..

I see, as before, that the integrity of the team means dick to you.

I also see that you don't realize that Simon is old, washed up, and unable to either score or skate. McCarty might even be a better deal than he.

I think we'll be ok though, because we have Meech and that means our defense will be incredible huh?

Guest Crymson

Sigh...

Crymson writes another "Wings are too classy"-statement.

Sigh...

I hope you're finding riding me worth your while.

I hope you're finding riding me worth your while.

Insert obligatory homophobic *** joke >here<

I agree with you to some extent, though - I don't think Simon deserves the rap of a player like Claude Lemieux or Bryan Marchment, though, but as much as I love the Wings, if they ever became a team like Nashville, San Jose or Colorado like they were in the 90's, or Toronto when Darcy Tucker rammed Mike Peca into the boards, I'd start rooting for another team.

As much as I hated what McLennan did to Lilja, he's not actually a bad guy and prior to that was a pretty good player with respect to dirty play. It's a player like Marchment, who repeatedly goes after other players' knees and hits with the intent to cause a prolonged injury, then shows half-hearted contrition, a guy like Tootoo in the current NHL, that deserves to be taken out back and... ah, the hypocrisy of it all - I was going beaten.

Sigh..

I also see that you don't realize that Simon is old, washed up, and unable to either score or skate. McCarty might even be a better deal than he.

I think we'll be ok though, because we have Meech and that means our defense will be incredible huh?

:zzz: not again...

Simon is way better then Drake and McCarty

Sigh..

Simon had 10 goals and 17 assists last season...which is about the same stats as someone like Franzen. How do you figure he's washed up and unable to score?

His home run swing at Ryan Hollweg may also contribute to the low dollar amount. I believe that Simon is spending the start of the season on the suspended list.

Im sure it contributed a small amount, but he still couldve easily gotten more somewhere else.

Sigh..

here you go again with your nonsense lmao

were trying to make our team better wtf you blabbing about integrity ? You dont think players deserve another chance ? if we didnt then we wouldnt of traded for bertuzzi ........idiot

and please stop repeating yourself with .......the player is old and washed up crap , simon is 35 .......dallas drake is 38 are you happy we got him ? cause if you are then your contracting everything your saying

simon at 35 for a one year deal would of been better , hes still big an intimidating prescence and as for him not being able to score he got 10 goals in 67 games for the islanders on 3rd or most likely 4th line , i think thats pretty good if you ask me , wtf you want him to get 20+ goals ?

and wtf you talking about meech and our defence for ? im talking about how we would of been better off getting simon over drake and you bring up something totally different

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

Simon doesn't drop the gloves that much anymore, but he'd be a great commodity to have and also no one on this forum could whine about how he's taking up precious roster spots since he has more talent than your average enforcer. All in all, though, this is like beating a dead horse because we all know that we're not going to have an enforcer on the team this year just like every other year.

and please stop repeating yourself with .......the player is old and washed up crap , simon is 35 .......dallas drake is 38 are you happy we got him ? cause if you are then your contracting everything your saying

Don't expect a response. I don't think this guy has ever made any suggestions or given his opinion on a line up or players, he just trolls through threads looking for posts to pick apart, looooooser

Sigh..

I love when you talk of team integrity like that, like it's mandatory that the Wings be a group of classy old Englishmen that would rather spend their time playing golf. I guess we should hand them out tea and crumpets before each game starts, and have them wear bibs while their skating so their jerseys don't get dirty, right?

Im sure it contributed a small amount, but he still couldve easily gotten more somewhere else.

Oh, I'm sure it would have been 450k, but not much more. Maybe, at most, he would get 1 million from a team that needed toughness, but nothing more than that.

I'm also sick of the "classy" comments. At this point, classy = soft, and we're still too soft having lost Bertuzzi and the little grit that Schneids had.

I'm not for getting Simon because he sucks, but we do need some toughness. Are we forgetting that Anaheim won the Cup? And while we almost beat them with our talent and defense, we were still pushed around.

Get tough, Kenny!

Guest Crymson

Don't expect a response. I don't think this guy has ever made any suggestions or given his opinion on a line up or players, he just trolls through threads looking for posts to pick apart, looooooser

Interesting opinion. Does anyone else agree with it?

I love when you talk of team integrity like that, like it's mandatory that the Wings be a group of classy old Englishmen that would rather spend their time playing golf. I guess we should hand them out tea and crumpets before each game starts, and have them wear bibs while their skating so their jerseys don't get dirty, right?

I pity your lack of understanding of the concept.

Edited by Crymson

QUOTE(skacore @ July 22, 2007 - 12:05PM)

Interesting opinion. Does anyone else agree with it?

I, for one, don't agree. You come across as very knowledgeable and your posts on here are always worthwhile. I wouldn't be too concerned with someone that spells loser with 12 o's.

Edited by GoWings1905

Insert obligatory homophobic *** joke >here<

I agree with you to some extent, though - I don't think Simon deserves the rap of a player like Claude Lemieux or Bryan Marchment, though, but as much as I love the Wings, if they ever became a team like Nashville, San Jose or Colorado like they were in the 90's, or Toronto when Darcy Tucker rammed Mike Peca into the boards, I'd start rooting for another team.

As much as I hated what McLennan did to Lilja, he's not actually a bad guy and prior to that was a pretty good player with respect to dirty play. It's a player like Marchment, who repeatedly goes after other players' knees and hits with the intent to cause a prolonged injury, then shows half-hearted contrition, a guy like Tootoo in the current NHL, that deserves to be taken out back and... ah, the hypocrisy of it all - I was going beaten.

What did McClennan do to Lilja?

I pity your lack of understanding of the concept.

Oh? Then what is it? Everytime a suggestion is made about a gritty player, you come off like he'd be a cancer to the team because he has over 100 penalty minutes.

Sorry, but a group of classy soccer dads isn't going to win a Stanley Cup. Like it or not, gritty players usually aren't classy. Guys like McCarty, Kocur, Probert, and players of the like were far from classy, yet we still won with them in the lineup.

Edit: I should clarify that I do not want Chris Simon here, because he isn't the same player he was 5-10 years ago, but this isn't the first time you always throw in the question of intergrity everytime a gritty player or fighter is mentioned.

Edited by Kp-Wings