• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lovin Jiri Fischer

Brett Hull gone?

Rate this topic

I never really liked Hull as a commentator, especially when he was shooting his mouth off about Babcock and Datsyuk not getting along, then being so bold as to predict Datsyuk would be gone next year...good job on that one Brett.

regardless if you like hull or not, you have to appreciate what he can contribute to the game. He's the type of broadcaster that will attract new viewers. Casual fans will appreciate him, and respect him. The same goes for Don Cherry. We need him presenting our game when and if the nhl ever gets a shot at the lime light again. We dont want assholes like barry melrose being the face of our league to help further stereotypes that the nhl is for white hicks with greasy mullets. And we don't want a little weasel like darren pang being the face either to make it seem like the nhl is for pussys.

we need tough, hardened old men with a chip on their shoulder to make the game more interesting, more appealing, and more respectful along with a vast knowledge for the game (and by the game i dont mean catering to betman).

There goes his 10 seconds of TV fame. Half a season isn't a very long time.

This just showes that if you don't stick with Bettmans "plan" then he will get rid of you. It also proves that Bettmanis a Communist. I don't feel that Brett said anything that hurt the game, he just gave the new fans something to look at and to open new minds to the game. We'll still be able to see Don Cherry!!! :thumbup:

This just showes that if you don't stick with Bettmans "plan" then he will get rid of you. It also proves that Bettmanis a Communist. I don't feel that Brett said anything that hurt the game, he just gave the new fans something to look at and to open new minds to the game. We'll still be able to see Don Cherry!!! :thumbup:

Very true.

In Bettmans mind, the only way to reach American fans in no nothing markets (Miami, Phoenix, SoCal, Nashville) is to convince people that the NHL is the greates league in American pro-sports and not a single thing is wrong with it. Hull usually tells people the opposite, aka the truth, in the matter that the current state of the NHL does suck and has major problems.

If this is indeed the case of why Hull is stepping down, that will really show what a rat bastard Bettman is. Which everybody already knew anyways, but just helps the case even more.

I don't think any commissioner would want his own people trashing his league. It's not just Bettman...

I doubt Hull cares anyway. He probably knew it wouldn't last...and he got a good laugh out of it. :P

Anyway, it sucks that he's gone. I actually watched some games on NBC just to hear what Hull has to say, not for the game.

I liked listening to him, most of what he said was crazy but it was still fun to listen too. The day they had him and cherry on there was crazy

a lot of the stuff Brett said was fun, insightful and humorous

but he just pretty much shot himself in the foot by saying things on tv like how Datsyuk has a 0% chance of re-signing with the Red Wings and that Dats would love to head over to Washington and play with his best buddy Ovie.

Edited by kylee

I unfortunately am another one, especially if it is a Kareoke mic.

Seriously, I think players along the line of Modano, Chelios, Yzerman, Bourque would be a better fit and do more for the league. They wouldn't be as flashy and as over the top. They would be great embassadors for the game and not looked upon by the average joe as some one who is just being over the top for the sake of being over the top. Both Hull and Roenick have personalities that do not transfer well from player to media.