• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedFX

Mark Hartigan a Red Wing

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Listed on the roster. When did this happen?

Mark Hartigan is a Griffin, not a Red Wing.

He signed a 2-way contract.... If he performs well at TC, he'll have a chance to make the big club. We'll see, since having Hudler, Grigorenko, and Kopecky in front of him makes it hard.... but the kid has the potential to be a solid NHL'er.

He signed a 2-way contract.... If he performs well at TC, he'll have a chance to make the big club. We'll see, since having Hudler, Grigorenko, and Kopecky in front of him makes it hard.... but the kid has the potential to be a solid NHL'er.

He won't play in Detroit. I hope he doesn't anyway because it will take an obscene amount of injuries for this to happen.

He's no kid either.

but the kid has the potential to be a solid NHL'er.

He'll be 30 in 2 months. And while he's done alright at the minor league level, he's no way good enough to make any impact on an NHL roster. Edited by motorcitykid

He'll be 30 in 2 months. And while he's done alright at the minor league level, he's no way good enough to make any impact on an NHL roster.

most people would have said the same thing about daniel cleary before he signed here. Granted he always had the tools,...point is you never know who's going to be a productive player and who's not.

Guest Crymson

most people would have said the same thing about daniel cleary before he signed here. Granted he always had the tools,...point is you never know who's going to be a productive player and who's not.

True. I'm sure all of us would love it if he were to be successful here.

Hartigan is a better player than Kopecky in my opinion. Hopefully Babcock thinks the same.

I expect that Hartigan will be with GR to start with, but the guy does have a lot of tools to make him a solid NHL player. Given the right opportunity, he could be a good fit with the Wings.

Hartigan is a better player than Kopecky in my opinion. Hopefully Babcock thinks the same.

I expect that Hartigan will be with GR to start with, but the guy does have a lot of tools to make him a solid NHL player. Given the right opportunity, he could be a good fit with the Wings.

I'm very curious about this guy myself. He almost seems like a prospect with a lot of potential, then I realize he's 29 years old with 26 career NHL points. But who knows maybe playing for a talented team like the Wings instead of Chicago, Atlanta and Columbus will help. Out of the GR signings, this one has my attention.

I'm very curious about this guy myself. He almost seems like a prospect with a lot of potential, then I realize he's 29 years old with 26 career NHL points. But who knows maybe playing for a talented team like the Wings instead of Chicago, Atlanta and Columbus will help. Out of the GR signings, this one has my attention.

It usually doesnt work that way. When a career AHLer plays on a crappy NHL, thats the reason why hes playing. Because that team is crappy. If anything, his NHL production would decline as hed be playing in a 14th forward position, instead of a 10-12 position like he has with other NHL teams.

Mark Hartigan is a Griffin, not a Red Wing.

:clap:

He's like a "4-A" baseball player... too good for the minors, not good enough for the bigs. Could make the team, should be a better fill-in than Langfeld or Ellis.

What do you mean? Ellis has a chance to make the roster!

*sarcasm*

It usually doesnt work that way. When a career AHLer plays on a crappy NHL, thats the reason why hes playing. Because that team is crappy. If anything, his NHL production would decline as hed be playing in a 14th forward position, instead of a 10-12 position like he has with other NHL teams.

I agree with ya, just being unrealistically optimistic. :D

Guest Crymson

:clap:

What do you mean? Ellis has a chance to make the roster!

*sarcasm*

Ellis has an excellent chance of making the roster if he continues to improve. He's also the player type everyone wants--he plays with tons of energy, he hits hard, and he drives the net without hesitation.

We haven't seen him up here much because he needs to clear waivers on the way down.