• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Good read

Rate this topic

I hope he never takes the same things that Romanowski took to be in the great shape that he was. In all seriousness, though, does anyone know how old Gordie Howe was when he left hockey before he came back for that one season at age 52? He probably had to be around Chelios's current age.

Chris Chelios should adopt me as a step-son and give me lots of money. :P

Seriously, I wish I had some clue about his workout routine and how mentally disciplined he is with it. I usually work out in some form 5-6 days a week, and I consider myself mentally strong working out with the little time I have to devote to it during the week, but Chelios is insane. If I could do this at my health club, I'd do what he do and take a spinning bike in the sauna room and see how long I could last. Not even close to him I bet. :lol:

Chris Chelios should adopt me as a step-son and give me lots of money. :P

Seriously, I wish I had some clue about his workout routine and how mentally disciplined he is with it. I usually work out in some form 5-6 days a week, and I consider myself mentally strong working out with the little time I have to devote to it during the week, but Chelios is insane. If I could do this at my health club, I'd do what he do and take a spinning bike in the sauna room and see how long I could last. Not even close to him I bet. :lol:

:lol:

Wow. Chelios gets more work done by breakfast than most people do in a week. If I have half the mental capacity and work ethic that Chelios has at age 45, I will be thrilled. It's one thing to play a professional sport at age 45, and another to do it at a high level like Cheli does every season. I mean how many 45-year olds could play around 20-25 minutes per game of playoff hockey? Chris Chelios is amazing.

Edited by GoWings1905

I hope he never takes the same things that Romanowski took to be in the great shape that he was. In all seriousness, though, does anyone know how old Gordie Howe was when he left hockey before he came back for that one season at age 52? He probably had to be around Chelios's current age.

"At 43, Howe retired from the Red Wings in 1971 after injuries slowed him down. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame immediately.

Two years after his retirement, Gordie Howe could not resist the opportunity of playing with his sons as he signed along with Marty and Mark Howe with the Houston Aeros of the World Hockey Association. He was an instant success in the WHA and tallyed 508 points in 419 WHA games. In 1979 he returned to the NHL with the Hartford Whalers when they moved from the WHA to the NHL. Howe played that season as a 51 year old, appearing in all 80 games and collecting 41 points. He made his final professional hockey appearance with the Detroit Vipers in 1997, making him the only player to have played in 6 different decades."

Edited by WingNut199

"At 43, Howe retired from the Red Wings in 1971 after injuries slowed him down. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame immediately.

Two years after his retirement, Gordie Howe could not resist the opportunity of playing with his sons as he signed along with Marty and Mark Howe with the Houston Aeros of the World Hockey Association. He was an instant success in the WHA and tallyed 508 points in 419 WHA games. In 1979 he returned to the NHL with the Hartford Whalers when they moved from the WHA to the NHL. Howe played that season as a 51 year old, appearing in all 80 games and collecting 41 points. He made his final professional hockey appearance with the Detroit Vipers in 1997, making him the only player to have played in 6 different decades."

Thanks for the info.